General Support (140 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
In MP configuration until General there is a thing to tick which reads Use DirectX Exclusive mode in Fullscreen. Enable that, and if it doesnt help try forcing Vsync to On in the Nvidia Drivers (Performance and Quality Settings).
In MP configuration until General there is a thing to tick which reads Use DirectX Exclusive mode in Fullscreen. Enable that, and...
When you schedule something to record does it always prompt you if you want to record before it will record? I got a couple shows...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Problems... DE
Whatever Skin I have it takes forever to goto full screen and as stated in the Video renderer there is no option for VMR9 ok support doc is Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-12) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo1280x720 Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version...
Whatever Skin I have it takes forever to goto full screen and as stated in the Video renderer there is no option for VMR9 ok...
Hi using RC2 and the following P4 2.8ghz 1GB Ram Compro Videomate DVB-T300 The telly channel switching is non existent I can...
Replies
Views
Thanks Ralph - exactly what I was looking for :) (can't wait for auto-record)
Thanks Ralph - exactly what I was looking for :) (can't wait for auto-record)
I suspect this is a feature request but I wanted to confirm it doesn't already exist first... Is there a way to setup MP so that...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but then it is no longer possible to manually tune your channels? Say you need to change a single channel that has been moved to another frequency - how do you do that? Yes, you could manually input the new...
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but...
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but...
Replies
Views
Has there been any progress on the North America DVB-S support. It does seem rather odd that so many other programs support WW sats and MP doesn't...
Has there been any progress on the North America DVB-S support. It does seem rather odd that so many other programs support WW sats...
I am running into a problem with autoscan of channels against a North American satellite. I wanted to find out if there are any...
Replies
Views
If you dont actually want the PVR side of things you should be ok for cpu requirements as we've seen a few people using a LOT less. The cpu requirement is mainly there for PVR functionality, but still the main thing that those people with slower boxes did have was DX9 (lesser extent DX8.1) video cards.
If you dont actually want the PVR side of things you should be ok for cpu requirements as we've seen a few people using a LOT less...
Since upgrading to 0.1.3.0 (I am now running beta of 0.2.0.0) I have noticed that Overlay is no longer working properly under "My...
Replies
Views
I will try the vsync option, might help in the non exclusive mode too. You don't get a fair wait after selecting a video file while it switches to fullscreen mode? I might have to look at other settings to see if there's an issue. Hopefully the vsync option will make the non-exclusive mode work without tearing though, as it's...
I will try the vsync option, might help in the non exclusive mode too. You don't get a fair wait after selecting a video file...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Actually, .2 RC2 did not have any sort of delay between channel changes, but the stuttering was there the entire time. I had to pause TV for a few seconds in order for it to work on any channel, at any time. I can tell you that 0.1.3.0 worked fine from both aspects...no stuttering, no delay in changing channels.
Actually, .2 RC2 did not have any sort of delay between channel changes, but the stuttering was there the entire time. I had to...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-12) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows MCE 2005...
Replies
Views
Same issue here. 3 seperate machines with similar specs. as the one in original post minus the TV cards but with dx9 compilant video cards. Any changes to database via the config utility cause the problem described.
Same issue here. 3 seperate machines with similar specs. as the one in original post minus the TV cards but with dx9 compilant...
Area: Setup MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR...
Replies
Views
I have got Myblaster plugin working and trained it (from myblaster.exe in plugins) for 2 cards but the signals only got to card 1 (port1 in log). If I train it from mediaportal plugins config it only shows 1 port. The channel numbers sent are correct but all going to port 1. I am using 0.2.0.0RC2 cvs 13/3/06 (which has a config button...
I have got Myblaster plugin working and trained it (from myblaster.exe in plugins) for 2 cards but the signals only got to card 1...
I have got Myblaster plugin working and trained it (from myblaster.exe in plugins) for 2 cards but the signals only got to card 1...
Replies
Views
I've had luck with RAdmin, which is fairly faster than TightVnc.... However, it's not a free soft... so it depends on how much you want this thing..
I've had luck with RAdmin, which is fairly faster than TightVnc.... However, it's not a free soft... so it depends on how much...
I have installed .net 1.0 2.0 and MediaPortal 0.2 RC2. Everuthing works fine om the hostmachine.. Want to control the MP machine...
Replies
Views
I have .net 2.0 and 1.1 installed togeher with ...RC2 (The beta) When scaning thru the movies I get "Faild to locate assembly "CoreXML.Serializers Version=1.0.2176.40647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Null". Note that the configuration program must execute from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end "...
I have .net 2.0 and 1.1 installed togeher with ...RC2 (The beta) When scaning thru the movies I get "Faild to locate assembly...
I have .net 2.0 and 1.1 installed togeher with ...RC2 (The beta) When scaning thru the movies I get "Faild to locate assembly...
Replies
Views
Can not change channel to external source. I can use the internal tuner of the 150MCE but can not change to an external channel while in fullscreen tv. I can change channel if I exit fullscreen tv and use the gui channel option and select the channel from there. here is parts of the log 3/13/2006 9:53:42 AM...
Can not change channel to external source. I can use the internal tuner of the 150MCE but can not change to an external channel...
Can not change channel to external source. I can use the internal tuner of the 150MCE but can not change to an external channel...
Replies
Views
Hello! So more people have this problem. Can someone please help us. Im going mad over this.
Hello! So more people have this problem. Can someone please help us. Im going mad over this.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
That card you suggested will do fine. Regarding the cable, you can't buy one as far as I know. You will have to solder your own. It isn't hard at all but it can require some time trying to find the right settings for your TV. Have a look at this link: http://ryoandr.free.fr/english.html This link is even better but is in swedish...
That card you suggested will do fine. Regarding the cable, you can't buy one as far as I know. You will have to solder your own. It...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000093LU0/qid=1142189229/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_3_6/026-9667228-9770034 Hi, Trying to...
Replies
Views
Ive got the exakt same problem. This bug has plauged me for some time now. I get it on two systems. Config 1. XP1800+ GF 5200 KT266 chip mobo. Hauppauge 350 and 500, not installed @ same time. Clean install XP Pro, with latest drivers and NV decoders. (tried all the others) Got the stuttering when changing chanel...
Ive got the exakt same problem. This bug has plauged me for some time now. I get it on two systems. Config 1. XP1800+ GF...
OK, S/W-Card support seems to be removed... So I went shopping to get a new Hauppauge PVR 500MCE, but unfortunately I'm still havng...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately my GRUNDIG only has SCART (which still is a good connection), no VGA or DVI. A DVI or VGA to SCART Box is going to cost me around $200, and the DVI to Component Video adapter (I could then get a component to SCART adapter) for my graphics card (it cost AU$40'ish) only MIGHT (probably not) work in Australia. So I have to...
Unfortunately my GRUNDIG only has SCART (which still is a good connection), no VGA or DVI. A DVI or VGA to SCART Box is going to...
Is there a widescreen resolution under 1280x768? Because according to my ATI Radeon 9600XT software it says that my TV only...
Replies
Views
ok - well im awaiting a new graphics cards which is the gigabyte FX5200 so hopefully that should help alot. but as for the hdd access - its not too bad, like the cpu was being used the same on the front screen that loads up as it was when watching live tv
ok - well im awaiting a new graphics cards which is the gigabyte FX5200 so hopefully that should help alot. but as for the hdd...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-03-05) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
My main graphics card is on the PCI-E bus.
My main graphics card is on the PCI-E bus.
Hey, in my existing arrangement, I use one computer for both general purposes and for MediaPortal, necessitating the usage of...
Replies
Views
In answer to your second question, NO, because the TV card remote driver does the transmission decoding. You would need either a serial or usb receiver to use GIRDER or HIP, to set your remote buttons to do what you want them too. 8)
In answer to your second question, NO, because the TV card remote driver does the transmission decoding. You would need either a...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture dark in MP DE
Thnks Flip! Hey Thanks Flip, checked the VMR-9 setting - it was set as you suggested - sorry was using VMR-9 not overlay as I had thought. But then..... I had a look at the picture tuning in the nVidia graphics console and played with the brightness/contrast and other settings et voila!! All happy now :) kind regards Matt
Thnks Flip! Hey Thanks Flip, checked the VMR-9 setting - it was set as you suggested - sorry was using VMR-9 not overlay as I...
Hi, Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: R0.2 CVS Build 03-10-2006--22-53 Skin: default Windows Version: WinXP SP2 CPU...
Replies
Views
And being new to a forum is not really an excuse for not reading sticky posts with titles like "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING".
And being new to a forum is not really an excuse for not reading sticky posts with titles like "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING".
Hi there, I'm new to this all, MP alltogether and the forum, so there are some things I need to know. I experienced the...
Replies
Views
Very unfortunate
Very unfortunate
Hi, I recently got Sky Digital and the box is in my lounge with my HTPC running MediaPortal. I've got another computer...
Replies
Views
Subject moved: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13680
Subject moved: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13680
Hi there.... I can´t get the "Episodes Management" to work anymore, is this a known problem or is just me ?? The "Episodes...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My TV Recordings DE
Hi, can you uplaod the file somewhere? So you could post a link... Please try these codec settings: video: MPEG2Dec audio: MPEG/AC3/DTS/... Flip.
Hi, can you uplaod the file somewhere? So you could post a link... Please try these codec settings: video: MPEG2Dec audio...
When I play a TV Recording in fullscreen, the video flashes for a second then is black. The sound is fine. If length has anything...
Replies
Views
I actually have no trouble using scriptedlogon w/ windows XP LSD 3.5 (a slipstreamed version). Is this reproducible with any other similar proggie or is it specific to scriptedlogon? Nota: beware of services or autostarted programs that require/use explorer.
I actually have no trouble using scriptedlogon w/ windows XP LSD 3.5 (a slipstreamed version). Is this reproducible with any other...
Hi, I've found that when I replace explorer as shell and use Scripted Logon (or any other similar software for that matter) as a...
Replies
Views
O
Thats more commonly referred to as the US version, but its obviously not limited to the US. Its possible, sites use the wrong pictures as they dont really care about the small differences between them so its always good to verify what your buying first.
Thats more commonly referred to as the US version, but its obviously not limited to the US. Its possible, sites use the wrong...
The new European MCE 2005 remote...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Rar Archives DE
I have requested this feature in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13458 Please give it some support! //Biggles
I have requested this feature in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13458 Please give it some support...
I have alot of my movies in rar archives. Is there a way to use them inside mediaportal? So I don't have to extract the movies...
Replies
Views
Hi, clean MP 020 wit CVS 2006-03-11 Athlon XP 3000, 512 MB DDR 400 NIVIDA-Chipset V2 Hauppauge PVR500 - dual Tuner I installed the newest CVS (2006-03-11) and got still Problems with recording TV. I have to "activate" both tuners, otherwise both just record nothing. "Activation" means I go to myTV, watch one channel...
Hi, clean MP 020 wit CVS 2006-03-11 Athlon XP 3000, 512 MB DDR 400 NIVIDA-Chipset V2 Hauppauge PVR500 - dual Tuner I...
Hi, clean MP 020 wit CVS 2006-03-11 Athlon XP 3000, 512 MB DDR 400 NIVIDA-Chipset V2 Hauppauge PVR500 - dual Tuner I...
Replies
Views
thx for the tips I will try them. As for "Can you increase the bit-rate of your MPEG encoder" I am a newb and am not sure if or how I can. I got a PVR-150MCE if that helps. With ffdshow is that something I have to download and setup within mediaportal? I remember seeing that option in the settings.
thx for the tips I will try them. As for "Can you increase the bit-rate of your MPEG encoder" I am a newb and am not sure if or...
I am using Purevideo as my decoder and it is plenty watchable through my standard 27" TV. But I decided to hook cable to my TV and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom