General Support (185 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
Thank you taipan THank you for your response!!! I have not had the chance to try out the suggestions in those threads, but I will give it a go this weekend. I will report back my findings here!!!
Thank you taipan THank you for your response!!! I have not had the chance to try out the suggestions in those threads, but I...
Hi all, Just a quickie, i've purchased an original Microsoft Media Center remote and i'm using it quite happily with Media...
Replies
Views
OKAY: No, it's a 7131. I wasn't sure about the correct type when I wrote the first post.
OKAY: No, it's a 7131. I wasn't sure about the correct type when I wrote the first post.
Hi there, since I'm new to the pvr-topic I spent last 4 nights to find a solution to my problem and didn't find anything in this...
Replies
Views
Get the latest CVS version here: https://www.team-mediaportal.de/mediaportal-cvs-download.php Try it and see if the problem is gone. If not, you can post your logs/exceptions/etc. here, using the support template.
Get the latest CVS version here: https://www.team-mediaportal.de/mediaportal-cvs-download.php Try it and see if the problem...
Seem to be having a memory leak when watching movies. After an hour or two the Pause/Play and other menu options become very slow...
Replies
Views
There are only 12 shown at once, but if one finished playing and so disappears from the list there will be comming a new random one to the bottom of the list. Maschine
There are only 12 shown at once, but if one finished playing and so disappears from the list there will be comming a new random one...
Is there a way to have MediaPortal play tracks at random? With Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, I can just select shuffle to...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-15) MediaPortal Skin: Razor Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Memory: 511 MB...
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-15) MediaPortal Skin: Razor Windows Version: Windows XP...
Area: Media Portal Plugins MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-15) MediaPortal Skin: Razor Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, am in need of your kind and expert help... I have recently just purchased a NEC Powermate DL T8000w, it does not run a native MCE, it runs PowerDVD and come wite a media remote. Since I have discovered MediaPortal, I have been trying to get my remote working with MP but no luck so far...I was hoping that any one of you...
Hi Guys, am in need of your kind and expert help... I have recently just purchased a NEC Powermate DL T8000w, it does not run a...
Hi Guys, am in need of your kind and expert help... I have recently just purchased a NEC Powermate DL T8000w, it does not run a...
Replies
Views
FYI, I changed your topic to a more descriptive one. This helps you to attract the correct views and easier get support for your problem.
FYI, I changed your topic to a more descriptive one. This helps you to attract the correct views and easier get support for your...
I need some help. I am running windows 200 and have installed the workaround mediaportal wont run when i start it, it comes...
Replies
Views
Meedio uses exactly the same method (code?) we use. We've been first, btw... 8) Ok, that's not good for you, but good to know for me that it doesn't work there either. I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you then... Regarding irremote.ini: Make sure the application name is not "Media Portal", but "MediaPortal". That has...
Meedio uses exactly the same method (code?) we use. We've been first, btw... 8) Ok, that's not good for you, but good to know for...
Sitting at work at the moment but I can dig up the log when I get home. Problem is that Mediaportal doesn't seem to be able to get...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pinnacle PCTV 400i DE
OK got the INF files. Unfortunately the drivers are not BDA drivers and hence support cannot be easily added. The only way it can be achieved is with the SDK for that card and a card to write and test against and of course a developer willing to do this. Sorry guys looks like you're a little stuck there. DMAN
OK got the INF files. Unfortunately the drivers are not BDA drivers and hence support cannot be easily added. The only way it...
Hi and excuse for my english: I´ve purchase a Pinnacle PCTV 400i DVB-S tuner card, because i see in the list of supported the...
Replies
Views
Im getting a blann/black screen from my FX5200 when full screen. Preview window for tv is fine, but when I go full screen I get blacked out.. Audio still there, just no Picture.
Im getting a blann/black screen from my FX5200 when full screen. Preview window for tv is fine, but when I go full screen I get...
Hi there, I have a 128mb MSI Geforce fx5200 low profile graphics card in my computer. Unfortunately when Media Portal wakes up...
Replies
Views
I am dealing with similar issues with a 42 Panasonic EDTV and an MSI FX5200 (nvidia) video card. I have found that many resoutions work but all have drawbacks. 640x480 is sooo blown up that any accessing of the windows desktop becomes rediculous, but almost every other setting has areas cut off or they cause for distortion in MP...
I am dealing with similar issues with a 42 Panasonic EDTV and an MSI FX5200 (nvidia) video card. I have found that many...
Hi there, I am very new to Media Portal - so please go easy on me - thank you. I have just installed Media Portal on my...
Replies
Views
You can't make your Recorded TV directory pick up files from another computer, but you can add a network share to My Videos that will automatically show any files that are added or removed. Yes, the same thing will work for Pictures and Music. As a crude workaround for viewing live TV, you can use AutoDVRConvert. This creates an...
You can't make your Recorded TV directory pick up files from another computer, but you can add a network share to My Videos that...
Hi All, Is it possible to view content (also Live TV) from other PCs in the LAN? I made a MP system and put it in my utility...
Replies
Views
I put together a new pc, just for MediaPortal. Fresh install on a fresh PC fixed my problem.
I put together a new pc, just for MediaPortal. Fresh install on a fresh PC fixed my problem.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Bad Tuner Problem turned out to be an issue with Tuner 1. I called Hauppauge and sent in my 500 and they sent a new one back. Installed and it is now working fine.
Bad Tuner Problem turned out to be an issue with Tuner 1. I called Hauppauge and sent in my 500 and they sent a new one back...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
I belive all CVS from the news release will do the trick... My card isn't supportet yet, though.... cant figure out GraphEdit either....
I belive all CVS from the news release will do the trick... My card isn't supportet yet, though.... cant figure out GraphEdit...
First of all: I know taht SW-cards is not "supported" på RC2, but mine worked PERFECTLY until this last CVS (previous CVS was...
Replies
Views
hi, can't figure it out, using microsoft mce 1039 controller. when viewing a video, if i hit the "more" button, osd menu comes up, no problem. question is how do you display the "menu" with the controller instead of the mouse ??.. the one i'm talking about is if you right-click on the movie, it pops up with - change...
hi, can't figure it out, using microsoft mce 1039 controller. when viewing a video, if i hit the "more" button, osd menu...
hi, can't figure it out, using microsoft mce 1039 controller. when viewing a video, if i hit the "more" button, osd menu...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I need at least a response to my easy question. Is my AirStar2 DVB-T card supported by MediaPortal? Because time ago I saw that it is supported in some thread here and it was the reason for me to buy it. But when I istalled it and tried to make it work it didn't find any channel during autotune. I'm sure that it...
Hello everybody, I need at least a response to my easy question. Is my AirStar2 DVB-T card supported by MediaPortal? Because time...
Hello everybody, I need at least a response to my easy question. Is my AirStar2 DVB-T card supported by MediaPortal? Because time...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mediaportal exits with an exception (1 Viewer) DE
I'm still fighting with this issue. I tried to install the latest NVidia Driver, to remove some hotfixes for .net framework 1, but still nothing. Another strange thing I noticed is that when I try to compress a recorded program into mpeg (this has always been working on my box) mediaportal exits (this time without exception)...
I'm still fighting with this issue. I tried to install the latest NVidia Driver, to remove some hotfixes for .net framework 1...
Hi everybody, since a couple of days I'm having a major issue with MediaPortal, mainly using the TV module. My config is...
Replies
Views
i...... i have tried to use it with rc2 and cvs 16/02/2005 with pinnacle mediacenter 2.11 or 3.40. when click on add card, card was found but after two second "cannot build graph" two time, looking for error in capture.log and found error mux not found, mux is "Pinnacle MPEG 2 Encoder Multiplexer" control dshow filter in my...
i...... i have tried to use it with rc2 and cvs 16/02/2005 with pinnacle mediacenter 2.11 or 3.40. when click on add card, card...
i...... i have tried to use it with rc2 and cvs 16/02/2005 with pinnacle mediacenter 2.11 or 3.40. when click on add card, card...
Replies
Views
No harm to try if it's a spare PC! Maybe you could test the machine with your other graphics card first? I used to run Mediaportal 0.2rc2 on a celeron 500Mhz, 512MB ram with a graphics card from 2001 (32MB Radeon VE). The menus was really slow but I could play MP3s and the most divx/xvids (depending on quality of course). That...
No harm to try if it's a spare PC! Maybe you could test the machine with your other graphics card first? I used to run...
I want to setup a spare PC I have lying around to stream video and audio from my main PC via a USB 802.11b adapter. My computer is...
Replies
Views
Pinnacle PCTV USB2 2821 - The problem is known: video ok but no sound. Old mediaportal version (<=1.05) sound ok but not synchronized with video. I tried to change capture card xml file according with old posts but mp (or framework) gives me error due to a value that cannot be zero during "add card" operation. I tried every...
Pinnacle PCTV USB2 2821 - The problem is known: video ok but no sound. Old mediaportal version (<=1.05) sound ok but not...
Pinnacle PCTV USB2 2821 - The problem is known: video ok but no sound. Old mediaportal version (<=1.05) sound ok but not...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Sonic Cinemaster® DS Video Decoder CPU Type: AMD Athlon - 1.7GHz...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Yeah I guess it has to do with the database but the strange thing is that I didn't do anything special prior to the problems. I watched a TV and tried to change the channel or something and *bang* it was all messed up. I wish that i could reproduce the problem but I really have no idea what I did. Ohh...by the way, your sig...
Yeah I guess it has to do with the database but the strange thing is that I didn't do anything special prior to the problems. I...
I really don't know what I did. I have been using mp 0.2. rc2 and am impressed how stable it is (was) but this morning when I...
Replies
Views
No I didn't, started to get annoyed at that point. Anyone know of a reseller in the uk that stocks the Silverstone PSU, or another PSU which will fit in the LC11? scan.co.uk just sent me an email that they're out of stock :evil:
No I didn't, started to get annoyed at that point. Anyone know of a reseller in the uk that stocks the Silverstone PSU, or...
Hi, I've got a Silverstone LC11M case, I've been running it since November with a 64bit Athlon on an MSI Board with integrated...
Replies
Views
Internet TV is sort of supported. IPTV is indeed not supported, but if you mean internet streams (asx files and the like) which you could also play in eg. WMP, you can use them. Try locating an asx file and drop it in the streams folder of the radio plugin (OK, that's not fully logical, but it works :)). (which folder...
Internet TV is sort of supported. IPTV is indeed not supported, but if you mean internet streams (asx files and the like) which...
Hi, I'm a newbie. I don't even have a TV tuner card yet, I'm just futzing around with options and Media Portal looks like the...
Replies
Views
As I said above, visually no, it wont do anything more noticable (I did the exact upgrade your contemplating now). It will lower cpu usage slightly but increasing loading speeds of menus and such I doubt. If you have another motive for upgrading (like connectivity like I did) then youll find it worth it. If its just for the DX9...
As I said above, visually no, it wont do anything more noticable (I did the exact upgrade your contemplating now). It will lower...
Hi I'm currently using a passively cooled Asus ATI 9200SE GFX card to run MP. It only supports DX8, but things seem to run ok...
Replies
Views
Because I taught that it isn’t necessary… there are small chances that anyone guess the reason for this behavior if there was not previous issue or known behavior. Anyway I contacted Joe Dalton the author of external display plugin and he thinks that problem is in extensiveLogging option turned on in externaldisplay.xml file.
Because I taught that it isn’t necessary… there are small chances that anyone guess the reason for this behavior if there was...
Hello, I have 1GHz P3 configuration and in task manager it shows 20 to 30% processor usage while MP runs idle in main menu. Is...
Replies
Views
Thank you :D I used the first program and it is easy and works great!
Thank you :D I used the first program and it is easy and works great!
Hello. I want to press a buton on my remote that results in a remote computer executes a batch file. So, I have created a batch...
Replies
Views
Im having it too now. Anytime I try to do something with the card (be it in the config or Media Portal) it BSOD's on me. I have all the latest drivers etc, but have not tried any CVS's yet.
Im having it too now. Anytime I try to do something with the card (be it in the config or Media Portal) it BSOD's on me. I have...
Hello I have a problem with my new Hauppauge PVR 500MCE card. Sometimes the computer crashes with Blue screen of deth and reffer...
Replies
Views
The file that contains either the BDA drivers either the Cynergy Digital application contains also a txt file for mediaportal configuration. Take a look inside: ftp://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/CinergyT2/Update/Beta/CinergyT2_App_Drv_2000_XP_XPx64_3.02.exe (in fact it's a zip auto-expandable file...) Regards --...
The file that contains either the BDA drivers either the Cynergy Digital application contains also a txt file for mediaportal...
With my big surprise I was able to install Mediaportal 0.2 RC2 using an ATI All in Wonder 9600 as analog tuner and a Terratec T2 as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom