General Support (169 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
The CVS in which when that was posted a month or so ago. Current CVS's that type of tv card wont work anymore.
The CVS in which when that was posted a month or so ago. Current CVS's that type of tv card wont work anymore.
Area: Configuration: My Tv MP Version: RC 2.0 with 11/28/05 SVC Applied Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP PRO SP2 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
Sorry - forgot to add the video card is Geforce 5200.
Sorry - forgot to add the video card is Geforce 5200.
Area: Media Portal - myTV MP Version: 0.2 RC2 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP, SP1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon, 1800+ Memory: 768MB...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much mPod, i have tried the latest CVS, and the TV Button now works
Thank you very much mPod, i have tried the latest CVS, and the TV Button now works
Hello, i haven't seen a post with the same detailed bug i get. This bug is easy to reproduce on my config : 1 - start mp 2...
Replies
Views
I myself am not interested in mixing audio and video. I will look into "marking" files when I get home. thats not good tho that it starts on selction of the first one, would be SO much better to be able to make your selections, then press PLAY and walk away... patrick
I myself am not interested in mixing audio and video. I will look into "marking" files when I get home. thats not good tho that...
is there any way to create a "playlist" in mediaPortal on-the-fly by selecting multiple video or audio files, then select play...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Coverart DE
The folder containing the MP3's does not contain a folder.jpg (this file is sometimes hidden. In that case: is the icon of the folder default in windows explorer?
The folder containing the MP3's does not contain a folder.jpg (this file is sometimes hidden. In that case: is the icon of the...
How do you remove coverart, I have all the coverart in my music folder showing the same album art. Damn Kenny Loggins. If I could...
Replies
Views
Yes that's me :lol:
Yes that's me :lol:
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2/0.13 Skin: MCE Windows Version: XP SP2 all updates CPU Type: Intel P4 2.8GHz...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a few questions about driver’s versions for best MP performance. My TV-card is a Hauppauge PVR350, what are the newest/best drivers for MP version 0.2RC2? And is it still recommended to run the following SW: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951...
Hi. I have a few questions about driver’s versions for best MP performance. My TV-card is a Hauppauge PVR350, what are the...
Hi. I have a few questions about driver’s versions for best MP performance. My TV-card is a Hauppauge PVR350, what are the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick responce. This looks like exactly what I was looking for. I did try to search the forum, but my search string didn't pull this one. :( Thanks for the link :) jaz
Thanks for the quick responce. This looks like exactly what I was looking for. I did try to search the forum, but my search...
Hello everyone. I have been testing MP 0.1.3.0 for a few months and finally built a PVR for my main TV. It works great but my TV...
Replies
Views
Set the video renderer in DVD/TV to VMR9 renderless. Future versions wont have this problem as Overlay has been removed (it was the default as older hardware would only support this).
Set the video renderer in DVD/TV to VMR9 renderless. Future versions wont have this problem as Overlay has been removed (it was...
I face the problem that I do have the PC image (Windows XP or Media Portal) on my TV but when I switch on to the option TV or DVD...
Replies
Views
Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08) MediaPortal Skin: RealMP Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz Memory: 1 GB...
Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08) MediaPortal Skin: RealMP Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
I've got a strange problem with my setup. I'm using a pinnacle sat ci with the twinhan BDA drivers and a Aston 1.05 CAM. My...
Replies
Views
Hiya everyone Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the Hauppage DEC2000-T (USB) through Media Portal ? and if so I need some instruction on how to :) Many Thanks in advance J
Hiya everyone Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the Hauppage DEC2000-T (USB) through Media Portal ? and if so I...
Hiya everyone Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the Hauppage DEC2000-T (USB) through Media Portal ? and if so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am having trouble getting TV to work in MediaPortal built from latest CVS sources. Here's the DirectShow graph that MP builds when I attempt to turn TV on: Obviously, the above is not right because it does not contain a video renderer. Looking at my TV card definition I am guessing the reason for that is the...
Hi, I am having trouble getting TV to work in MediaPortal built from latest CVS sources. Here's the DirectShow graph that MP...
Hi, I am having trouble getting TV to work in MediaPortal built from latest CVS sources. Here's the DirectShow graph that MP...
Replies
Views
The card is listed as supported Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2 Skin: Standard Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2800 Memory: 1Gb Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia on Asus M/B Video Card: Old Geforce 2 Mx 128Mb Video Card Driver: latest Video Card Resolution: trying right now at 1024x768 Video Render Type...
The card is listed as supported Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.2 Skin: Standard Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type...
Hello, i am using this video adapter: http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_hybridPCI.asp?show=1# I install MP...
Replies
Views
This happens to me too once in a while, and although I haven't figured out what the problem is, I found out that compressing the recording to MPEG2 works as a workaround for the seeking problem.
This happens to me too once in a while, and although I haven't figured out what the problem is, I found out that compressing the...
Area: Media Portal Program / Recorded TV MP Version: 0.2 RC2 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: Intel Celeron...
Replies
Views
I got the VIEW, RECORD, and TIMESHIFT to work, however I am still not happy with the quality. I found the NVIDIA codec to give poor quality, but the ATI works much better. The picture is still "soft" and I can still see "pixel dancing" in solid colored objects. (sorry for descriptions, best I can do...) "ATI MPEG Multiplexer "/...
I got the VIEW, RECORD, and TIMESHIFT to work, however I am still not happy with the quality. I found the NVIDIA codec to give...
I have the below listed system. I have read all the threads I found on the theater 500 card and still cant get mine to work. I...
Replies
Views
These are the specifications in english but unable at this moment to find brand used of card but someone else may know more. or remove the Card to see whats written on it. Intel Pentium D Dual core 830 processor @ 3 GHz 2 x 1 MB L2-cache, 800 MHz FSB BTX shaped, optimized airflow, heatpipe cooling 1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM with 533 MHz...
These are the specifications in english but unable at this moment to find brand used of card but someone else may know more. or...
Hello, Congratulations for developping such a fantastic software. Brilliant. I would like to get it work on my Medion MD880 but...
Replies
Views
Can someone tell me if MSI's TV anywhere-plus will work with Media Portal? If in fact it does how do I get my card to show up in the TV setup list? THanks, E
Can someone tell me if MSI's TV anywhere-plus will work with Media Portal? If in fact it does how do I get my card to show up...
Can someone tell me if MSI's TV anywhere-plus will work with Media Portal? If in fact it does how do I get my card to show up...
Replies
Views
Stick with the nVidia decoder, I've tried several decoders and nVidia seems to be the best choice. I am using the Sapphire Theatrix 550 card, but it shouldn't matter as all the cards are identical. I too have problems with picture sharpness, but I believe it can to some extent be solved by applying ffdshow post-processing filters (if...
Stick with the nVidia decoder, I've tried several decoders and nVidia seems to be the best choice. I am using the Sapphire Theatrix...
I would like to create this thread as a help for anyone currently or potentially using a theater 550 card. I would like to keep it...
Replies
Views
actually I think I have it figured out myself. as I have all my files stored already, in the structure MOVIES (dir) --- DRAMA (sub-dir) --- SCI-FI (sub-dir) --- HORROR (sub-dir) ------ SAW (file in subdir) ------ CHAINSAW MASSACRE (file in subdir) I just placed a pic file folder.jpg in each dir / sub-dir and set the MP...
actually I think I have it figured out myself. as I have all my files stored already, in the structure MOVIES (dir) --- DRAMA...
I would like to setup a "custom" display of my Video files, and follow with a similar custom display of my Audio files. the first...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE 2005 Remote (1 Viewer) DE
No, the remote buttons are hard coded. I'm fairly sure a feature request has been made to make some/all of the buttons configurable, you might want to search for that and add to it if you want.
No, the remote buttons are hard coded. I'm fairly sure a feature request has been made to make some/all of the buttons...
Is it possible, at local level, to change the mapping of the "Recorded TV" button on the MCE 2005 remote to show "My Videos". If...
Replies
Views
OK, I made a clean instal of MP RC2 and now I got my TV tuner up and runing again with the new drivers :) Thanks wishywashy and FlipGer for your help. Abveously a new instal of MP is requred when I update the tuner drivers. Regards / Tomas
OK, I made a clean instal of MP RC2 and now I got my TV tuner up and runing again with the new drivers :) Thanks wishywashy and...
Hi you all, Could someone recomend a driver version for the Hauppauge PVR-150 that works good? Allso a url to the driver if...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have an used ASUS TV Tuner Card 880 NTSC (cx23880). I use my old VCR to connect to the TV tuner. It works fine under PowerVCR II, but I want to use MediaPortal due to features. How do I force this? I do not have an antenna hooked up to the TV tuner. It is connected to the VCR. Thank you in advance. :)
Hello! I have an used ASUS TV Tuner Card 880 NTSC (cx23880). I use my old VCR to connect to the TV tuner. It works fine under...
Hello! I have an used ASUS TV Tuner Card 880 NTSC (cx23880). I use my old VCR to connect to the TV tuner. It works fine under...
Replies
Views
Hi, please fill out our support template, we have a nice tool to aid this process: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2766 Take a look into the logs. Do the files play well in WMP? Flip.
Hi, please fill out our support template, we have a nice tool to aid this process...
When I'm in myvideos the videos won't play. When I click on the specific video file, Media Portal does nothing. It doesn't...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Other audio formats DE
Similar problem here. RC2. Got the illiminable filter installed and flac is fine in media player. Updating tags for my flac files is taking literally hours (7000 files) and don't know if it will have worked when it finishes. When I try and play a flac via MP (media or directshow) CPU goes through the roof and memory usage just...
Similar problem here. RC2. Got the illiminable filter installed and flac is fine in media player. Updating tags for my flac files...
MP does not play FLAC or APE formats EVEN if I use Winamp AND have installed the "input" filters! Infact Winamp plays fine when I...
Replies
Views
I did also consider the Twinhan but i have the following reasons for currently leaning towards Fire/Floppy DTV: 1. The Fire/Floppy-DTV directly states that it works with my Digital cable provider(TDC). Also, judging from the support forums(where quick responses are given) alot of attention is paid to support almost all...
I did also consider the Twinhan but i have the following reasons for currently leaning towards Fire/Floppy DTV: 1. The...
Hi, Im considering switching from analogue to DVB-C(digital cable) because my new 50" TV shows of all the flaws of analogue TV...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I've just installed mediaportal 0.20 rc2 and I'm very happy with it. I have just one problem : My capture card seems to default to "SECAM" on boot , rather than remembering my "PAL I" setting. Does anyone have an idea whats causing this and how I fix it ? My setup is : AMD 2000 on a pcchips motherboard ( can't...
Hi there. I've just installed mediaportal 0.20 rc2 and I'm very happy with it. I have just one problem : My capture card seems...
Hi there. I've just installed mediaportal 0.20 rc2 and I'm very happy with it. I have just one problem : My capture card seems...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late reply. I have school from 10 AM to 10 PM Monday's so usually don't get a chance to come on until the next day. Anyways, sorry for not including that information. I just noticed the sticky right now. Area: MediaPortal and Input Devices MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: WinXP Pro SP2 CPU...
Sorry for the late reply. I have school from 10 AM to 10 PM Monday's so usually don't get a chance to come on until the next day...
Wondering if someone can help me with MediaPortal losing focus with the keyboard. When I use something like the TV player or DVD...
Replies
Views
Bugger.......now I've got another issue. Videos and movies all still playing well, but now my TV tuner has started to play up. That was working OK before I started mucking around with the video stuff so I know it works with Media Portal and I can hear sound when I turn it on and when I change channels I can also hear it change...
Bugger.......now I've got another issue. Videos and movies all still playing well, but now my TV tuner has started to play up...
Hi all, I hope you can help me. MediaPortal Version: 0.2 RC2 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 D-Link MediaLounge DE
I think there is a plugin which turns MP into a uPnP server so no need for a program like windows media connect. Im not sure but do a search on the forum!
I think there is a plugin which turns MP into a uPnP server so no need for a program like windows media connect. Im not sure but do...
Hi all, have you seen this? Info: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=318# Flash Demo...
Replies
Views
Thanks so much for the help. I think that will answer all of my problems.
Thanks so much for the help. I think that will answer all of my problems.
I have searched the support forum and can't seem to find a direct answer to two of my media portal problems. My first is that I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom