General Support (77 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=67219
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=67219
Hi Guys, I am having a problem with streaming radio. Basically, When i listen to 1 station, and i try to listen to another...
Replies
Views
Area: nvtv drivers MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0903 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: MPeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: celeron 1200 Memory: 512 ddr266 Motherboard: VIA C3M266 TV Card Model: nvidia...
Area: nvtv drivers MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322...
Area: nvtv drivers MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 MediaPortal Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322...
Replies
Views
My guess is that it uses the default recording bitrate. I base this on the fact that when i once accidently lowered the default recording quality's bitrate too low, live TV(with timeshifting on) started looking like crap :)
My guess is that it uses the default recording bitrate. I base this on the fact that when i once accidently lowered the default...
Hi, does anybody know where I can set the bitrate for timeshifting? Thanks!
Replies
Views
See my post on this topic here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=72401#72401 /James
See my post on this topic here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=72401#72401 /James
Hi everyone, i plan to build my htpc in a few months and started to test a few things on my pc. I have tested some htpc softwares...
Replies
Views
Ok before I lock this thread to stop the fighting. I would like to add: The developers are not trying to play god or be elitest and say you must use a Hardware TV card. At the moment there is a lot of work going on to improve MP, and this requires code re-write and re-structuring. As part of this process Software TV card was...
Ok before I lock this thread to stop the fighting. I would like to add: The developers are not trying to play god or be elitest...
please re-add the support for s/w TV cards. Maybe disable recording option. but with deleting the support, the radio usability was...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program: General Support MP Version: 0.2 RC with 13.01.2006 CVS Skin: MCE 1280*720 Windows Version: MCE 2005 +all updates + .NET 2.0 + Mozilla ActiveControl CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz (Prescott) Memory: 1024MB Motherboard Chipset: INTEL865G+FW82801EB(Springdale G+ICH5) Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200 128MB...
Area: Media Portal Program: General Support MP Version: 0.2 RC with 13.01.2006 CVS Skin: MCE 1280*720 Windows Version: MCE 2005...
Area: Media Portal Program: General Support MP Version: 0.2 RC with 13.01.2006 CVS Skin: MCE 1280*720 Windows Version: MCE 2005...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 unsupported tv card DE
Basically if its a DVB card with BDA drivers, it will work. Or if its an analogue card then it must have a hardware mpeg2 encoder. ATSC cards are in the works but arent fully supported yet.
Basically if its a DVB card with BDA drivers, it will work. Or if its an analogue card then it must have a hardware mpeg2 encoder...
HI: I have read that will let give support to some TV cards. could you publish a lists of these cards or the characteristics...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Graphics card upgrade (1 Viewer) DE
Not thats supported by MP no. Only the card doing the tv out can use the DX acceleration.
Not thats supported by MP no. Only the card doing the tv out can use the DX acceleration.
Hi I have upgraded from a bog standard agp graphics card and installed a 3d fuzion GeForce 6200 128mb pci graphics card. When...
Replies
Views
schweet thanks thats awesome :D.
schweet thanks thats awesome :D.
I tried searching but my head is realing from all the information on this site. Anyways I am trying to understand some things...
Replies
Views
I don't think WMP10 is the problem, I use it and I am sure many others do with no problems like you are experiencing. Marcus.
I don't think WMP10 is the problem, I use it and I am sure many others do with no problems like you are experiencing. Marcus.
I've just installed MP and have begun exploring the possibilities. I added my music folder but when I play a music file, a black...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have the same case, and yes buttons on case work with MP (e.g. if music is playing pressing stop on case will stop playing). Knob is working but you have to use analog card output to notice volume change, if you use SP-DIF it will not affect signal level on it. About iMON pad I can say that it drives me crazy in arrow mode...
Hi, I have the same case, and yes buttons on case work with MP (e.g. if music is playing pressing stop on case will stop...
Does anyone find the iMon remote pad really innacurrate in MP? Just bought the Silverstone LC16-M in silver with the built in VFD...
Replies
Views
It is indeed a software input.
It is indeed a software input.
I've been trying without much luck to get SVideo input off my DVICO FusionHDTV DVBT-Plus with a recent CVS build. While looking...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Autoplay CD DE
Addional problem with Autoplay Don't know if this belongs together, so I posted it in another section: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12473
Addional problem with Autoplay Don't know if this belongs together, so I posted it in another section...
When I insert a CD, I want MP to automatically play the CD without asking me. Also, I don't want to have to select from several...
Replies
Views
Maybe some definitions have to be updated due to new drivers or whatever. Contact DMAN (best would be on IRC), so you both can re-enable the support (in case that this is the problem).
Maybe some definitions have to be updated due to new drivers or whatever. Contact DMAN (best would be on IRC), so you both can...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
All earlier and later versions do support Nova-T 90002. Confirmed as working without problems by me and many others.
All earlier and later versions do support Nova-T 90002. Confirmed as working without problems by me and many others.
Area: Media Portal Setup MP Version: V2.0 RC2 Skin: (MCE) Default Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: Sempron 2600...
Replies
Views
MP's main function is as an HTPC so adding features like this (which some people may appreciate), is actually going the opposite way from the HTPC mindset.
MP's main function is as an HTPC so adding features like this (which some people may appreciate), is actually going the opposite...
Hello, i have a problem. How can i remove the Opitions- Bar to watch tv in a thin frame?? Here is a Screenshot: thank you...
Replies
Views
In fact, the exception was because there was an error in the account name. Nothing to do with it being the active account
In fact, the exception was because there was an error in the account name. Nothing to do with it being the active account
MP 0.2.0.0 RC2 + cvs-01-13-2006--22-29 No problem getting the program xmltv guide manually but if you configure the windows...
Replies
Views
Ok, great the "X" keystroke is how you switch back to the video.... Thanks, my problem was that I was looking in the Media Portal Talk forum and not the support forum. Thanks again, this has been bugging me for the past 4 months.
Ok, great the "X" keystroke is how you switch back to the video.... Thanks, my problem was that I was looking in the Media...
While watching TV you can go back to the main menu and still see the video in a small box. Returning to TV is not a problem since...
Replies
Views
not sure, best ask this in the other thread. WeeToddDid believes he can do better, and we all hope he'll suceed. I know I do. So yeah, it'll do the same thing.
not sure, best ask this in the other thread. WeeToddDid believes he can do better, and we all hope he'll suceed. I know I do. So...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-17) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows MCE...
Replies
Views
Thanks, i just discovered that DVB-C was the correct type, and altered the post to fit :) As to DRM, im almost sure some kind of credit-card-like-card is needed to watch many of the encrypted channels(but such a card is available from TDC) i was just wondering whether or not this caused problems with recording etc. Thanks for...
Thanks, i just discovered that DVB-C was the correct type, and altered the post to fit :) As to DRM, im almost sure some kind of...
Hi, Im considering buying a(some) digital tuner(s) to replace my analogue tuners which can deliver the necessary image quality...
Replies
Views
Correct, there is another poster with exactly the same problems. A default windows install is the best choice.
Correct, there is another poster with exactly the same problems. A default windows install is the best choice.
Hi, I got Media portal installed on a mini-ITX motherboard and are running "Win XP Lite" (Created with nLite). I can not start...
Replies
Views
If you are just mapping remote keys to keyboard keys you shouldn't need to buy Girder. WinLIRC will work with freeware programs such as AutoHotKey.
If you are just mapping remote keys to keyboard keys you shouldn't need to buy Girder. WinLIRC will work with freeware programs...
I am currently building a HTPC and I think I'll be going with this software. I read the post about all the promising features of...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately they are about your only choices. 0130 + 26/8 cvs was about as stables as it came. You will miss out on a lot of new features in the mean time though.
Unfortunately they are about your only choices. 0130 + 26/8 cvs was about as stables as it came. You will miss out on a lot of new...
I know this might be "wrong" to posthere, but; Since MP has decide not to support SW-cards annymore (a poor decision IMO, since it...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows Server 2003 .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: mobile AMD Athlon XP-M 3200+ Memory...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
dangit I friggin posted this in a new topic instead of a reply to my old one. Does this happen often, or am I an idiot?? lol
dangit I friggin posted this in a new topic instead of a reply to my old one. Does this happen often, or am I an idiot?? lol
Ok, lemme see if I get this: if I can acquire a remote that connects to my PC, can I have a program like Girder or whatever remap...
Replies
Views
thanks that fixed the problem. :D
thanks that fixed the problem. :D
Hello all, starting to play with MP and I have the latest release, but there seems to be a few problems, one of which is that all...
Replies
Views
The MediaPortal.log information. Let us know what may be wrong so we can fix it for you. The link to the pastebin where you have posted your log. DMAN
The MediaPortal.log information. Let us know what may be wrong so we can fix it for you. The link to the pastebin where you have...
Sorry I posted the below in installation support before realising this is probably the more appropriate place for it: Area...
Replies
Views
Re: Possible Cause sb = somebody and .... Thanks :D
Re: Possible Cause sb = somebody and .... Thanks :D
Hi, I would be like to hear what people believe to be the best Hardware MPEG encoding card(s) available on the market. I have...
Replies
Views
T
P.S. P.S. my tv audio would not work (everything else was fine though) until I did this...couldn't seem to find another way to get tv audio working. I guess you guys had it work off the shelf? Strange. (I'm using RC2)
P.S. P.S. my tv audio would not work (everything else was fine though) until I did this...couldn't seem to find another way to get...
Ok - so I am brand new at Media Portal, but have an IT background. Can anyone post information on the new ATI AIW 2006 Edition...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program Skin: Blue MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: xp pro sp2 CPU Type: pentium 4 m Memory: 512 mb Motherboard Chipset: Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 Video Card Driver: Video Card Resolution: 1024x768 Video Render Type: VMR9 or Overlay Video Codec Type & Version: Audio...
Area: Media Portal Program Skin: Blue MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: xp pro sp2 CPU Type: pentium 4 m...
Area: Media Portal Program Skin: Blue MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: xp pro sp2 CPU Type: pentium 4 m...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom