General Support (176 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 Font size DE
Thanks for your reply. I did a search for font size, but I did not really come up with an exact answer like the link you posted gave me. Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for your reply. I did a search for font size, but I did not really come up with an exact answer like the link you posted...
I was just wondering if there is anyway to make the font size bigger in Media Portal. I seem to have a hard time seeing the text on...
Replies
Views
The problem could be solved by a new capturecarddefinitions.xml file. Thanx to DMAN :D
The problem could be solved by a new capturecarddefinitions.xml file. Thanx to DMAN :D
I am using a DNT DA2 Hybrid USB-Stick device for watching DVB-T. This TV Tuner was already added to the card capture list (thanx to...
Replies
Views
Yep yep, nothing does properly. But I need it for work. So I was hoping I could get some more out of it... I could dual boot but... bleh.
Yep yep, nothing does properly. But I need it for work. So I was hoping I could get some more out of it... I could dual boot but...
Hey as you can see I've got a difficult situation here. I'm running Windows x64 and I actually have drivers for my tuner card...
Replies
Views
Sigh..... I have the same problem and I try everything I can do. Mediaportal 1.5 seems like to work fine and you can hear sound but it's not synchronized with video. :(
Sigh..... I have the same problem and I try everything I can do. Mediaportal 1.5 seems like to work fine and you can hear sound...
Dear friends, I am a newbie...... :shock: My USB2.0 TV-card works just fin with the program PCTV USB2 Vision. Audio...
Replies
Views
Not that this solves the problem, the main reason its done this way is to reduce harddisk activity. Look at it this way, when Timshifting is on and you then choose to record: Same Folder: Card -> Timeshift Buffer/Storage Different Drive: Card -> Timeshift Folder -> HDD Storage You essentially get twice as much system IDE...
Not that this solves the problem, the main reason its done this way is to reduce harddisk activity. Look at it this way, when...
MP Version: 0.1.3 Windows Version: Win XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel Prescott 3.0 Memory: 1GB Motherboard Chipset: Asus Video Card...
Replies
Views
Hi Im running mediaportal RC2 0.2.0.0 with CVS release 18-1-2006 everything works except when coming out of standby/hibernate after a few hours the colours are wrong and will flicker between wrong and right colours every 3 seconds! Im using the latest drivers (6.1) and the signal is a SVHS -> Scart via tvout! (32â€widescreen tv)...
Hi Im running mediaportal RC2 0.2.0.0 with CVS release 18-1-2006 everything works except when coming out of standby/hibernate after...
Hi Im running mediaportal RC2 0.2.0.0 with CVS release 18-1-2006 everything works except when coming out of standby/hibernate after...
Replies
Views
hi Is it possible to add 2 channels with the same name and have epg info on both if one is from antenna and one is from svideo input? I tried but MP just removes one of them since they have the same name!Can I get around this?I use O2Grabber for EPG info regards //Lasse
hi Is it possible to add 2 channels with the same name and have epg info on both if one is from antenna and one is from svideo...
hi Is it possible to add 2 channels with the same name and have epg info on both if one is from antenna and one is from svideo...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm experiencing a little problem, where I was hoping to use windows screensavers like Aquarium and GoldFish instead of the blank one mediaportal provides. Windows screensaver appears fine, but when i close the screensaver MediaPortal does not respond after, just a black/blank screen? I have tried disabling the...
Hi all I'm experiencing a little problem, where I was hoping to use windows screensavers like Aquarium and GoldFish instead of...
Hi all I'm experiencing a little problem, where I was hoping to use windows screensavers like Aquarium and GoldFish instead of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 pvr 250 + pvr 500 DE
Hi, any more infos? We provide a very nice tool to fill out the support template! Especially drivers and MP version would be interesting. To answer your question: Yes, there are people succesfully using a PVR 500 + 250. There was a bug concerning multiple PVR cards. You could try a later CVS. See also here in our news. Flip.
Hi, any more infos? We provide a very nice tool to fill out the support template! Especially drivers and MP version would be...
has anyone been able to get a pvr 250 and a pvr 500 to work, when i open the tv turners tab in the setup, i only see the 250, so...
Replies
Views
There isnt specific support for it in the wiki, but Ive seen it listed as a Black Gold card as well. If the Black Gold option comes up then use that, if not youll have to add support by using the 'How to add support for my tv card' thread. MP cant stream video at this stage so you wont be able to do this.
There isnt specific support for it in the wiki, but Ive seen it listed as a Black Gold card as well. If the Black Gold option comes...
my card came today and I have installed all the drivers and installed the card to my pc. I'm not sure if I have connected the pc...
Replies
Views
I had this problem also but changed to the ffdshow codec and all worked fine after that. Even with that said, software encoding is the suxxors. I just changed to the MCE 150, so much better & easier...
I had this problem also but changed to the ffdshow codec and all worked fine after that. Even with that said, software encoding...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: MPeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Memory: 1 GB Motherboard: ATI 6200 TV Card Model: Hauppauge 150 TV Card Type: Hardware TV...
Area: Media Portal Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio...
Area: Media Portal Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio...
Replies
Views
I had the same.. but i reconfigured it and imported the channellist and suddenly it just worked...
I had the same.. but i reconfigured it and imported the channellist and suddenly it just worked...
When i install the latest CVS my capture card is no longer reconised, and when i try to add it the program disapears Card is...
Replies
Views
I did a bit of research on the forum when I was trying to get mine going (Euro Vers), I came across alot of post but these items stuck out alot 1. Remove the batteries for an hour or so, they lock up or something and sometimes need to be reset which removing the batteries does this. 2. Wouldnt work on XP Home, you need the...
I did a bit of research on the forum when I was trying to get mine going (Euro Vers), I came across alot of post but these items...
I can't get my MCE remote to work. It's the US version from Microsoft. Buttons and IR both light up so I don't think it's a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best DVB-S CI ? DE
O M G Digital Cable finally!!!! WOW! Sorry to say but I'd even be willing to lose MP for the chance to be able to use digital cable on my PC!!! Of course convincing my cable provider to set me up with such a card is a different story! Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This looks more like the card I'd want : TwinhanDTV Cab-CI...
O M G Digital Cable finally!!!! WOW! Sorry to say but I'd even be willing to lose MP for the chance to be able to use digital...
For you witch DVB-S CI card had the best compatibilty with MediaPortal ?
Replies
Views
install ffdshow and enable the dts audio codec. it works with wmp and even allows spdif passthrough if needed :D
install ffdshow and enable the dts audio codec. it works with wmp and even allows spdif passthrough if needed :D
Hi there, How can I play my DTS-audio files under MP ? It's no problem to do it with "Mediaplayer Classic", but mediaplayer...
Replies
Views
If you go to My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery and de-select "Automatically Restart", you will then have plenty of time to read the BSOD error message... :)
If you go to My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery and de-select "Automatically Restart", you will then have plenty...
Area: MediaPortal applciation MP Version: Last CVS Skin: Blue2 Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 CPU Type: AMD 64 Memory...
Replies
Views
yeah sorry dman is correct i can't actually get it to work properly yet, changing the bit in the definitions file lets Media portal see the card , and then i dont' get the enable to create graph error, but the problem is i think the moniker information is actually just different for the x64 bit fusion of the drivers so if we did...
yeah sorry dman is correct i can't actually get it to work properly yet, changing the bit in the definitions file lets Media portal...
Is there any hardcoded part of myTv module that references the information in the capturecarddefintions prior to a release (CVS), i...
Replies
Views
This is a bug with the MP suspend option. Smirnuff was working on it before he left the project and no-one else has picked it up yet. In the mean time, the only real alternative is to set PowerScheduler to suspend MP after being idle in the home screen. now if you want MP to suspend you simply leave it in the home screen and after...
This is a bug with the MP suspend option. Smirnuff was working on it before he left the project and no-one else has picked it up...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
At the moment I havn't got a tuner card in my HTPC, as im using it just to play xvids ect on my TV. So all I'm lookig for the remote to do is just allow me to naviagte around MP without using the mouse / keyboard
At the moment I havn't got a tuner card in my HTPC, as im using it just to play xvids ect on my TV. So all I'm lookig for the...
Hi everyone, I'm new to the MP software and am in the process of building myself a budget HTPC as a trail before I spend any big...
Replies
Views
Ok, i use a laptop downstairs to watch tv recorded on my main MP PC upstairs. The laptop has a packard bell TV ina box (lifeview TV walker rebrand I think). Now of course the remote with this does not work with MP. So Ive bought a logitec wireless keyboard, mouse and remote package (~£40 from PC world). Now the remote works...
Ok, i use a laptop downstairs to watch tv recorded on my main MP PC upstairs. The laptop has a packard bell TV ina box (lifeview...
Ok, i use a laptop downstairs to watch tv recorded on my main MP PC upstairs. The laptop has a packard bell TV ina box (lifeview...
Replies
Views
consistently problems with DVD navigator. Loosing contact with MP. The "do you want to continue playing DVD from where you stopped last time" takes 1 or 2 minutes before I can get any contact with MP I will try using an external DVD-player instead, even though it kind of goes against the "all in one" idea regards Knut
consistently problems with DVD navigator. Loosing contact with MP. The "do you want to continue playing DVD from where you...
Hey, i was trying to watch some dvds over mp but it really didnt work out that well... the whole navigation though the menu...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE/Twinhan remote DE
All you need to do is install the drivers according to this discription -> http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12117&highlight= Regards / Tomas
All you need to do is install the drivers according to this discription ->...
Area: Remote controls MP Version: MP2 RC 2 Skin: metal Windows Version: xp home sp 2 CPU Type:Celeron 2.66 GHZ Memory: 768...
Replies
Views
Ok Guys, Thanks for your help, but there had to be something wrong. I am not very handy with pc's but cleared more difficult tasks then this. The same 20 object kept on appearing in My video's nomatter how hard I tried to add another folder. Here is how I solved the problem: I tried to add another folder from the c drive...
Ok Guys, Thanks for your help, but there had to be something wrong. I am not very handy with pc's but cleared more difficult...
I am really stuck with this. I have 2 pc's connected in a small home network via crossover cables. My Mediacentre pc funcions as...
Replies
Views
To produce that graph, I used MP to tune in a channel, then minimsed MP and ran GraphEdit with the "Connect to a remote graph" option selected, so I could see the graph that MP had built.
To produce that graph, I used MP to tune in a channel, then minimsed MP and ran GraphEdit with the "Connect to a remote graph"...
I'm trying to figure out where the problem is, fusion software works fine but i can't get MP to get myTV to work or graphedit, i...
Replies
Views
**NUDGE** Is anybody successfully using winlirc to change the channels on a Set Top Box with MediaPortal?
**NUDGE** Is anybody successfully using winlirc to change the channels on a Set Top Box with MediaPortal?
I recently tried to setup Winlirc to change the channels on my Foxtel STB. I am running the video/audio signal from the Foxtel STB...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RC2 hangs (mostly) DE
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz Memory: 1.5 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I found out, that all songs are present in MP. But only if I use one of the ID3-Tag-Sort criterias like "Artist", "Album" or "Genre". But when I select "Sammlung" (Sorry, it's german), there is nothing displayed. In former times I got a list of all my MP3s sorted by filename. I don't understand why this doesn't work anymore.
I found out, that all songs are present in MP. But only if I use one of the ID3-Tag-Sort criterias like "Artist", "Album" or...
Hi! I just made a clean install of version 0.1.3 My problem now is, that there is nothing displayed in MyMusic, MyPictures or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stand by mode DE
Yes, if you use PVR Scheduler, you can set it to launch MediaPortal everytime the PC is resumed from Standby mode.... :)
Yes, if you use PVR Scheduler, you can set it to launch MediaPortal everytime the PC is resumed from Standby mode.... :)
I use an MCE remote, all set to load MP when the green button is pressed. I have the pc power button on the remote put the pc...
Replies
Views
I've got a HVR-1100. This is what I think might be your problem. MCE is only picking up the DVB part of your HVR-1100, it is probably tuning in into the digital signal detecting channels, but hasn't got enough signal strength to display them properly hence you get sound but picture locks up. The analogue stations you think are being...
I've got a HVR-1100. This is what I think might be your problem. MCE is only picking up the DVB part of your HVR-1100, it is...
Hi everybody, I've just put my new media center together and installed Win MCE (wanted to try that first before I try MP). I've...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom