General Support (65 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 databases DE
The Easiest way is to copy the whole media portal folder to second drive and reinstall everything and then copy folder back with all the original settings being kept Ray 8)
The Easiest way is to copy the whole media portal folder to second drive and reinstall everything and then copy folder back with...
my computer is starting to run slow now so i will reinstall windows,question is all my movies are on other drives so will not be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your feedback - was kinda hoping by some miracle I needed to tick a checkbox or similar to get things hopping :) Im going down the H/W tuner card route - a Winfast 2000 should do the trick based on that list you've directed me to. Again - thanks for your time.
Thanks for your feedback - was kinda hoping by some miracle I needed to tick a checkbox or similar to get things hopping :) Im...
Hi there - probably a really stupid question, but I have a Lifeview Flyvideo 3000 tuner card in my PC that works fine with included...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My TV not working DE
Hi Diem, the error you posted is not the reason. I have a PVR 350 too and its working with this error without problems. First give SP2 a shot! These settings work for me: Video Codec: MPEG2Dec Audio Codec: MPEG/DTS/AC3 Renderer: VMR9 Drivers from http://www.shspvr.com Flip
Hi Diem, the error you posted is not the reason. I have a PVR 350 too and its working with this error without problems. First...
Sorry folks but is beginning to piss me off .. I have bought an PVR 350 yesterday and it works fine with the WinTV2k app but I want...
Replies
Views
Hi, please fill out the support template. You can use our very nice tool there to gather the needed infos. These settings work for me: Video Codec: MPEG2Dec Audio Codec: MPEG/DTS/AC3 Renderer: VMR9 Drivers from http://www.shspvr.com Also log parts would be helpfull: - start MP - start TV - exit / stop TV - exit / stop...
Hi, please fill out the support template. You can use our very nice tool there to gather the needed infos. These settings...
Hi Guys Hoping this is an easy one to help me with i have just upgraded to 0.2.0.0 RC2 and i have no Picture in MY i have sound...
Replies
Views
We don't support software encoding cards the option is just there mainly for FM radio cards. When you get your 'real' card then you'll appreciate MP alot more. The 'SETUP WIZARD' is aimed at supported cards :). There is no harm using Configuration.exe and then using TV afterwards without messing with the Wizard in the GUI. DMAN
We don't support software encoding cards the option is just there mainly for FM radio cards. When you get your 'real' card then...
I have an older WINCAST tv card that I am attempting to setup (it is S/W encoder, I have a "real" card in the way). I go into the...
Replies
Views
Well seeing as how the first part of my question didn't pan out. Is there a way to make it more streamlined to launch a program? right now you need to scroll to My Programs, Click it, Scroll to the Programs Section, click it, scroll to the program you want (I only have one), then click it. That's really kindof annoying to have to...
Well seeing as how the first part of my question didn't pan out. Is there a way to make it more streamlined to launch a program...
Is there any way to launch programs from the main menu instead of going through numerous menus to access one program? This would...
Replies
Views
Post your log then. DMAN
Post your log then. DMAN
Hi , I'm pretty new at this, so bear with me if I'm talking complete nonsense. I can't get my capture card to work (Lifeview...
Replies
Views
Hi Can somebody tell me the valid numbers for setting the brightness and contrast in the card_card1.xml file. I tried 3 for contrast but then the picture went wakooo and the slider inside MP showed contrast way to the left! I wanna decrease brightness 4 steps and increase contrast 2 steps and the defaults in the xml files are all...
Hi Can somebody tell me the valid numbers for setting the brightness and contrast in the card_card1.xml file. I tried 3 for...
Hi Can somebody tell me the valid numbers for setting the brightness and contrast in the card_card1.xml file. I tried 3 for...
Replies
Views
I don't think that's possible at the moment. Funny thing is that I've never thought to try it. I guess the only way to do this is to move the mouse to the bottom of the screen to bring up the OSD and press the ffwd button, but this won't skip, just ffwd. (you have to be using vmr9 for this to work though which is no problem if...
I don't think that's possible at the moment. Funny thing is that I've never thought to try it. I guess the only way to do this...
I'm fairly new to Mediaportal and would like to know if there is an easy way to skip through a video using a mouse? I know that you...
Replies
Views
Wow, I'm sure I tried that, but hey - it works. Thanks!
Wow, I'm sure I tried that, but hey - it works. Thanks!
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is there a way to choose within the Media Portal a file anywhere in the computer (or networked drives)? Kinda like the open button in a media player, instead of having to manually enter the drive using the configuration app externally? Thanks, Murali
Hi all, Is there a way to choose within the Media Portal a file anywhere in the computer (or networked drives)? Kinda like the...
Hi all, Is there a way to choose within the Media Portal a file anywhere in the computer (or networked drives)? Kinda like the...
Replies
Views
Hi, please fill out the support template. You can use our nice tool for it. Flip.
Hi, please fill out the support template. You can use our nice tool for it. Flip.
Everything works great until I watch a video or movie to the end and MP has to go back to the menu screen, all I get is a black...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have downloaded latest release source, but unfortunately in MediaPortalV2.sln DirectShowHelperLib is missing. How can I add this reference? I have VS 2005 TS BETA 2 and VS 2003. Thanks, Osman
Hello, I have downloaded latest release source, but unfortunately in MediaPortalV2.sln DirectShowHelperLib is missing. How can I...
Hello, I have downloaded latest release source, but unfortunately in MediaPortalV2.sln DirectShowHelperLib is missing. How can I...
Replies
Views
Try this... http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12117
Try this... http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12117
Hi all, having problems with the Microsoft Remote Keyboard, I installed the eHome drivers, then the rollup for eHome Infrared...
Replies
Views
Im using the KX Project Filters for AC3 atm. top notch sound quality. ;)
Im using the KX Project Filters for AC3 atm. top notch sound quality. ;)
I'm having sound in MP 0.2 RC2 routed through S/PDIF to my reciever, and thus have installed AC3filter to get the correct sound...
Replies
Views
Exclusive DirectX mode is in the MediaPortal configuration program, just click on General and it is near the bottom of General Settings. Though perhaps if it is working fine now this is not necessary.
Exclusive DirectX mode is in the MediaPortal configuration program, just click on General and it is near the bottom of General...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Thanks Marcus, I only sent D-Man the information specified in a post somewhere, which included a word document with a Graphedit screenshot and other info related to the card. I (stupidly) didn't send the info on changes I had made. It's not much though. The original PG300 definition is this: <capturecard commercialname="YUAN...
Thanks Marcus, I only sent D-Man the information specified in a post somewhere, which included a word document with a Graphedit...
Area: Media Portal Program Configuration MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: Blue Two Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: Intel Celeron...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: HT Mpeg video decoder Video Codec: HT mpeg audio decoder CPU Type: PIII 1 Ghz Memory: 256MB Motherboard: HP Omnibook 6000 Laptop TV...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP .NET CLR...
Replies
Views
Never mind... In the process of installing, debugging, reading, etc, I had changed the screen resolution to something that was apparently too high (1400x1050). Swithing the resolution to 800x600 solved the problem. The first message box (the one I couldn't read) probably told me so.
Never mind... In the process of installing, debugging, reading, etc, I had changed the screen resolution to something that was...
Hi, I've been playing with Mediaportal for a few days, trying to get everything running. Lately, it refuses to start. There is a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hauppauge 150MCE DE
Thanks for that!
Thanks for that!
Hi, can anyone tell me which drivers to use for this card? Do I use the 150MCE drivers or standard PVR150 drivers? The reason I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sky2Star DE
hello, sorry I can't help you, but perhaps you can help other peoples that have a nvtv card that don't work anymore with RC2. (see post : http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11646 and http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12032&highlight=nvtv) can you...
hello, sorry I can't help you, but perhaps you can help other peoples that have a nvtv card that don't work anymore with RC2...
I have a Tsunami media center with a NVTV card. I instaled a MP RC02 (OK) I instaled a card Sk2 Star and every thing was ok. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Helmut, I just tried, and the little green button next to the lower left button has the same function as the "start" or "green" button on the center of the remote. It just takes you to the home screen of MediaPortal. Kind regards, Michel
Hi Helmut, I just tried, and the little green button next to the lower left button has the same function as the "start" or...
Got the European MCE Remote, 4 coloured buttons at the bottom. Looks exactly as it is displayed in Configuration -> Remotes. So i...
Replies
Views
mediaportal RC2 crash after selection in epg, the following log file was created: 6-1-2006 23:01:57 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:SQL logic error or missing database query:vacuum 6-1-2006 23:01:57 TVDatabase exception err:SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:SQL logic error or...
mediaportal RC2 crash after selection in epg, the following log file was created: 6-1-2006 23:01:57 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3...
mediaportal RC2 crash after selection in epg, the following log file was created: 6-1-2006 23:01:57 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3...
Replies
Views
from www.comprousa.com ver 1.3.3.0 (I've not tried them yet..., not sure what's new) BigJ.
from www.comprousa.com ver 1.3.3.0 (I've not tried them yet..., not sure what's new) BigJ.
Replies
Views
I have the same problem, learn codes goes straight to success even when I haven't pressed a button on the remote, and when I test the IR Bud doesn't flash... Any ideas, this is the only thing stopping me ditching MCE for MediaPortal... i'm trying to learn a Sky Digital UK remote. Cheers
I have the same problem, learn codes goes straight to success even when I haven't pressed a button on the remote, and when I test...
:roll: :roll: Problem with MyBlaster stuff I have tried: myblaster.exe into C:\X folder myblaster.dll into the same...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Error, how to fix? DE
I just installed the latest RC2. How can I fix this?
Replies
Views
In itself, the MCE remote, with the IR extenders can make the other two obsolete. May be less glossy than other proposed solutions, but it's no problem whatsoever.
In itself, the MCE remote, with the IR extenders can make the other two obsolete. May be less glossy than other proposed solutions...
Hi guys I'm currently i the hunt for a remote I can use with my HTPC, TV & Tuner Card and was hoping someone could make a...
Replies
Views
You can always cut out the stuff you don't use, such as other skins, maybe plugins even? I have no idea how much space this would save you, though.
You can always cut out the stuff you don't use, such as other skins, maybe plugins even? I have no idea how much space this would...
I'm just toying with an idea for MP & need to know the average value of a fully installed MP? I've got a 2.2GB HDD & need to get...
Replies
Views
nuts...i'm stuck in a dorm room the size of a large walk in closet and i have a desk and a bed and that's all that can really fit comfortably.....i also have a 21 inch monitor so a tv is out of the question thanks for the replies though :)
nuts...i'm stuck in a dorm room the size of a large walk in closet and i have a desk and a bed and that's all that can really fit...
first off i wanna say thanks to all the devs who worked so hard on this program being as this is my first post. with that out of...
Replies
Views
excellent. Thanks very much
excellent. Thanks very much
Hi I cannot find where to change the storage path for recorded TV. None of the screenshots for recording that are shown in the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom