General Support (124 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
MP1 MP2 Marmitek X10 Remote DE
I've got it working without an extra program. Just use kaburkes Input Device Event Mapper and mbuzinas X10RemotePlugin.
I've got it working without an extra program. Just use kaburkes Input Device Event Mapper and mbuzinas X10RemotePlugin.
I'm probably not the first one to ask this, but does anyone know if any of the X10 Remote plug-ins work properly with a Marmitek...
Replies
Views
thx flip i have tested it with the wintv2000 and it acts the same, it the same syptoms as you have only it takes much longer for me untill the channels get tuned (30-35 secs).i am suing the latest drivers from SHSPVR as well. maybe some other people have the same problem and can help us out here thx Zeltak
thx flip i have tested it with the wintv2000 and it acts the same, it the same syptoms as you have only it takes much longer for...
hi all i have a wintv pvr 150 and finally i got my HTPC working perfectly. the only problem now is that whenver i open the tv...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am using the D-Box to receive Premiere (german pay tv), I am transferring audio + video through s-video. No problems so far. Now I want to use Premiere's 5.1 sound, which can be taken from D-Box's optical spdif-out. Question: can I plug the optical spdif into my soundcards spdif-in and 'map' this soundsource in MP...
Hi there, I am using the D-Box to receive Premiere (german pay tv), I am transferring audio + video through s-video. No problems...
Hi there, I am using the D-Box to receive Premiere (german pay tv), I am transferring audio + video through s-video. No problems...
Replies
Views
...or this error ... ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBGraphSS2.GetSNR(IB2C2MPEG2TunerCtrl2 tunerCtrl, Int32& a, Int32& b) at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBGraphSS2.SignalQuality() at...
...or this error ... ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an...
Does anybody out there have a SkyStar2 working under either 0.1.3.0 or 0.2.0.0 RC1. I've been trying to get this to work for 2...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 100% cpu usage DE
Hi, set your TV as primary monitor. Windows XP only accelerates the primary display with DirectX. Since MP is a DirectX app... :) HTH, Flip.
Hi, set your TV as primary monitor. Windows XP only accelerates the primary display with DirectX. Since MP is a DirectX app...
Im new to media portal. Im using an xfx geforce 6600. I have it hooked up to my monitor by vga and tv by s-video. When i use...
Replies
Views
Having several options for displaying teletext would be cool. Like adjustable blending with live tv. Or side-by-side (great for 16:9 screens). Or something else... -k
Having several options for displaying teletext would be cool. Like adjustable blending with live tv. Or side-by-side (great for...
Hi, I use MP with the latest CVS. There is a nice Teletext feature added. But how do i choose a page i want to see? There are 3...
Replies
Views
Here's how I got my lifeview fly DVB-T duo cardbus to be recognised by MP - Even though MP claims to be compatable you still need to edit the capturecarddefinitions.xml file found in MP installation directory to suit your own card. First download graphedit from http://www.videohelp.com/download/graphedit041201.zip. Make sure...
Here's how I got my lifeview fly DVB-T duo cardbus to be recognised by MP - Even though MP claims to be compatable you still need...
Here's how I got my lifeview fly DVB-T duo cardbus to be recognised by MP - Even though MP claims to be compatable you still need...
Replies
Views
second link worked perfectly, just had to add channel 1 and all is well, unless i try to actually watch channel 1, then it goes black screen and is like hitting the back button on the remote, no biggie though. Thanks man
second link worked perfectly, just had to add channel 1 and all is well, unless i try to actually watch channel 1, then it goes...
So while im watching tv when I want to go to a new channel it always adds 1, so if I want channel 55 it will go to 56. Any...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: CyberLink Audio Decoder (ATI) Video Codec: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (ATI) CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Memory: 1 GB...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 picture quality DE
You can also correct colors that way, but this might lead to oversaturated computer images that were looking just fine before. The question is how to inprove just the video performance. Yesterday I installed this component, the picture improved quite a bit, but still not as vivid as the panasonic picture...
You can also correct colors that way, but this might lead to oversaturated computer images that were looking just fine before. The...
hi Was just wondering about what the picture quality should be like through mp. Should quality through mp be just as good as...
Replies
Views
Hello Dman, Thanks alot!!! It works :D . greetz, marcel Just add the next lines to the capture cards definitions.xml and the card works in MP! <capturecard commercialname="AVerMedia ODM 103" capturename="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_f6361461&amp;rev_d1"> <capabilities...
Hello Dman, Thanks alot!!! It works :D . greetz, marcel Just add the next lines to the capture cards definitions.xml and...
Hello, Is there anybody out there with an Avermedia M103 hybrid DVB/T/PAL/SECAM/NTSC/FM card? I have just bought a laptop with...
Replies
Views
That totally worked! HAH! thanks guys, i canged my settings to make the TV primary display. my tv is pluged in via composite video output, which is part of the video card which my monitors pluged into; same drivers basilcy. i use ATI driver for my video controlers/card, its control panel (found by display properties and...
That totally worked! HAH! thanks guys, i canged my settings to make the TV primary display. my tv is pluged in via composite...
i am very familiar with this problem, but i dont know how to fix it. MCE is/was the only program EVER that would display the video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD playback issues DE
Hi all sorry I did not reply sooner. It was just that *** worked like a charm... Thanks ALL
Hi all sorry I did not reply sooner. It was just that *** worked like a charm... Thanks ALL
Hi, In media portal I am having wierd issues with dvds playing on some dvds (lord of the rings it plays fine) on others (Gladator...
Replies
Views
thanks folks - when I went out today I had a look up at the roof and it looks like the aerial has been blown off the chimney stack, it's lying on its side partway down the roof tiles... think I'll need to see if I can get it remounted again, that would probably explain the crappy signal. Cheers all!
thanks folks - when I went out today I had a look up at the roof and it looks like the aerial has been blown off the chimney stack...
Hi, I'm very new to PC TV tuners, digital terrestrial TV in the UK and Media Portal so please go easy on me! I got a Hauppauge...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a pinnacle tv tuner card, with audio capture. The thing is that i cant choose that card to be an audio capture card. It is installed like to different card one for video and one for audio! The only audio capture card that shows is the standard audio pci-card installed in my computer! I hope you understand...
Hello! I have a pinnacle tv tuner card, with audio capture. The thing is that i cant choose that card to be an audio...
Hello! I have a pinnacle tv tuner card, with audio capture. The thing is that i cant choose that card to be an audio...
Replies
Views
Re: update This has been sorted out in the latest CVS build. As far as I can see, it matters where in the CaptureCardDefs file the definition is, as looking at the working file, that is the only difference.
Re: update This has been sorted out in the latest CVS build. As far as I can see, it matters where in the CaptureCardDefs file the...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01) MediaPortal Skin: Project X Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a known bug. Look here Flip
Hi, this is a known bug. Look here Flip
hi everyone! When i enable the web browser plugin my keyboard shortcuts and remot don't work. what the heck is going on. I am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Missing TV Channels DE
Having a bit more information would be great... time and time again people are asked to post using the support template so please follow this in future! If you are using 0.1.3 then chances are you will need to manually add the channels. Software cards are not really supported and in the later version of MP support has been...
Having a bit more information would be great... time and time again people are asked to post using the support template so...
Ok heres my problem... Ive got a jetway tv card wich Media Portal picks up as "Conextant Capture (General S/W encoding card)", the...
Replies
Views
Whoops, must have got confused with something else :oops:
Whoops, must have got confused with something else :oops:
Hello, since I use MediaPortal, which is a great programm, indeed, I was dissatisfied with the slowliness of the skin engine. In...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have the sound that comes from the digital tv reciever in the "line in" port. but windows loops it directly out to the speakers again, so i always hear the sound! is it possible for media portal to mute the line in when im not in tv mode? Or is it possible to do it in another way? Greetings Daniel
Hello! I have the sound that comes from the digital tv reciever in the "line in" port. but windows loops it directly out to the...
Hello! I have the sound that comes from the digital tv reciever in the "line in" port. but windows loops it directly out to the...
Replies
Views
I´m using the ismart WT-220U DVB-T usb stick which is actually a clone of the Eurostick. I tried the above and failed but remembered another post mentioning that it should work under 0.2.0 RC1. So I deinstalled all drivers, reinstalled the yakumo BDA drivers, installed 0.2.0 RC1, edited capturecards.xml and it works. Unfortunately...
I´m using the ismart WT-220U DVB-T usb stick which is actually a clone of the Eurostick. I tried the above and failed but...
Hi all, I try to get my brand new dnt Eurostick working with media portal 1.3. But so far without success. I tried the origin...
Replies
Views
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8084&highlight=karaoke http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804&highlight=karaoke Not ideal, but for a start. tomtom
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8084&highlight=karaoke...
I am searching for a Karaoke plugin for MP.. Is there someone who have made it possible to connect a Microphone to the PC and mix...
Replies
Views
Anyone??? Please? The problem is really anoying
Anyone??? Please? The problem is really anoying
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0 - Latest CVS MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP .NET...
Replies
Views
I tried disabeling de security options in the Mozilla activeX plugin, with no succes. There was no spyware found on the PC. So you were right....too bad. Disabeling the browser plugin is the only way to fix this problem. Thanx for the help.
I tried disabeling de security options in the Mozilla activeX plugin, with no succes. There was no spyware found on the PC. So you...
Hi, I'm new on this forum and new to MP. I'm realy enthousiastic about MP after using Windows MCE for a while. It's astonishing how...
Replies
Views
Just had chance to try it, and it's just what I was after. Thanks again
Just had chance to try it, and it's just what I was after. Thanks again
I've just installed 2.0 RC1 and I'm very impressed. Just one issue that I am hoping you will be able to help me with. In My...
Replies
Views
I have downloaded the 0.2.0 version in hope that the shuffle of music should work. I have a new PC with OS updated with all updates available today. (XP + SP2 + updates). MP and No other software at all. (Not even Antivirus). After installing MP I update the database for Movies and music. I have 4000+ MP3s. I create a...
I have downloaded the 0.2.0 version in hope that the shuffle of music should work. I have a new PC with OS updated with all...
I have downloaded the 0.2.0 version in hope that the shuffle of music should work. I have a new PC with OS updated with all...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 many problems DE
All said. Have a nice day!
All said. Have a nice day!
well how to begin. media portal is good program nice interface and its open. but it is stupid program because of the bugs a lot...
Replies
Views
Have you tried setting the volume of the tuner a little bit lower? There is an option at the bottom of the tuner configuration in MP set up.
Have you tried setting the volume of the tuner a little bit lower? There is an option at the bottom of the tuner configuration in...
Hey guys, I notice a lot of people having problems with the Hauppauge PVR150 (both normal and MCE edition) tunercard. When...
Replies
Views
What about tuning channels on the Computer? Do you have to view the channel that is on the TV or can you tune to different channels? Meaning (watch one channel on tv and watch a different channel on the PC using media portal while only using 1 box).
What about tuning channels on the Computer? Do you have to view the channel that is on the TV or can you tune to different...
I am thinking of switching from Comcast to DirecTV. I am not sure about making the switch because of some of the challenges with...
Replies
Views
thanks, i'll save time.
thanks, i'll save time.
Bored with the problems encountered in using cpu to decompress mpg2 (priority problems etc.) with my desktop, i would like to know...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom