MediaPortal 1 Talk (65 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
ffdshow is a postfilter that can be used to reduce picture noise, sharpen, adjust color output, resize, etc. VERY nice results can be gotten from configuring ffdshow on a good setup hooked to a good TV. I'm not rich by any means...but I have a few friends that have spent a few thousand more on their TV's and HT setups than I...
ffdshow is a postfilter that can be used to reduce picture noise, sharpen, adjust color output, resize, etc. VERY nice results...
I'm about to order an MCE500 for my mediapc and was wondering if MP works correctly with the MCE500 and using ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Like EVERYONE can contribute to our wiki! Your account has been locked, btw. You have been warned several times and did not react. Have fun somewhere else, pls.
Like EVERYONE can contribute to our wiki! Your account has been locked, btw. You have been warned several times and did not react...
Hi All, While I can understand why the doc is on a web site, Other like myself prefer to download a pdf or word doc, print it on...
Replies
Views
But I would prefer to have a configurable option about who should overwrite. My setup gets more and better information from the web than from DVB, but does not grab for all channels. So Please do not overwrite allways, let the user decide! P.S.: I Wrote my own converter from tvtoday database to MP. I am not sure if I can publish...
But I would prefer to have a configurable option about who should overwrite. My setup gets more and better information from the web...
i have a simple question. for longterm sheduled recordings it is pretty neccessary to use a 14 days guide (i use webEPG). But the...
Replies
Views
Hey, I have a question for anyone using Dish Network. Do you have a work around to get the receiver to wake up when it is on the bouncing logo that says "Press Select to Continue" ?
Hey, I have a question for anyone using Dish Network. Do you have a work around to get the receiver to wake up when it is on the...
Hey, I have a question for anyone using Dish Network. Do you have a work around to get the receiver to wake up when it is on the...
Replies
Views
cleao None that I can see, but it's better at selling you something. 8)
cleao None that I can see, but it's better at selling you something. 8)
:?: Is there any advantage in using MP with Windows Media Player 11 over the last version?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Screensaver DE
I don't think so. Now that I think of it, if it is a "system wide" function, you'd better program the remote to do that (even outside MediaPortal). Calling .scr directly or a .bat.
I don't think so. Now that I think of it, if it is a "system wide" function, you'd better program the remote to do that (even...
Just because i can't remember the setting , does the screensaver in MP only kick in when its inactive on the menus? or if i had it...
Replies
Views
Re: Me too I don't think it's so much a black screen, as a stationary screen, which is also what you get with DTV when you lose signal. From all the posts on this subject, it seems pretty certain that there are a couple of issues that trigger this fault. Stationary images on screen, channel changes and general mis-detection of...
Re: Me too I don't think it's so much a black screen, as a stationary screen, which is also what you get with DTV when you lose...
I didnt know where this belongs so i hope i put it in the right place I know that when media poral gets zero frames pre second...
Replies
Views
My understanding is that this is because hardware TV tuners create an MPEG2 stream from the analog broadcasts, so you need a few frames in order to create the mpeg2 stream that can be played back, or we have DVB and anyway you need to wait a bit to start reading the MPEG2 video stream from somewhere that can create the full image. In...
My understanding is that this is because hardware TV tuners create an MPEG2 stream from the analog broadcasts, so you need a few...
I'm running MythTV right now and I'm considering a switch mainly because channel changes while watching live TV is so slow. It...
Replies
Views
Just some info about a current virus http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojerazera.html Maybe run a onlinescan. If no virus => maybe !! MP fault, maybe!!
Just some info about a current virus http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojerazera.html Maybe run a onlinescan. If...
Hello, I have a computer with about 75GB on MP3. I've setup another computer with dualboot MCE2005 / Mediaportal. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what happend to it becasue I know there used to be one.
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what...
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SkyStar2 Taquilla DE
Thank you for reply Could you also check https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=91459#91459
Thank you for reply Could you also check https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=91459#91459
Hi all I'm having Technisat SkyStar2 card. Can I see Taquilla and other program that are coded with MediaPortal? In ProgDVB...
Replies
Views
Navision? :mrgreen:
Navision? :mrgreen:
Just out of curiosity how often are releases done? And when is the next scheduled release?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Meedio refugee DE
Really, I can crash and burn on demand. I'd consider yourself very lucky or cautious. Either way you may have found an alternative to Meedio. I wish I could be so fortunante..
Really, I can crash and burn on demand. I'd consider yourself very lucky or cautious. Either way you may have found an...
Hi all, I may be a Meedio refugee soon and had a pretty specific question about MediaPortal. the answer is probably 'no, your...
Replies
Views
infinityloop Not when your not even getting 1volt out of it. it's Dead and gone to the great battery heaven, Right now it's time for the rechargeables. :D
infinityloop Not when your not even getting 1volt out of it. it's Dead and gone to the great battery heaven, Right now it's time...
Hi anyone beat this. Fitted supplied batteries (Energizer Alkaline) August 2005, died 7.30am this morning. Used daily bar 3...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Rip DVDs and CDs DE
found the answer here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11627& then just have to call dvddecrypter with the parameters: /isoread /close .. and a few others. works perfectly
found the answer here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=11627& then just have to call dvddecrypter with the...
Anyone managed to get DVDDecrypter or EAC to rip DVDs and CDs from Media Portal? I tried with the MyPrograms plugin, but didn't...
Replies
Views
Please do not crosspost. Thread closed.
Please do not crosspost. Thread closed.
Does MP TV Module PowerScheduler support automatic logon? ComproDTV 2.7.0.6 supports auto logon. (For power up and automatic...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
no point. :oops: why go through all the hassle and haggle if this can be avoided by answering my question. Maan. I like have to install "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE" and "Compro2HIP_.zip" and configure it. And then install "MediaPortal_0.2_RC4.zip" and play with it. :D Like, do you see the issue maan? :wink:
no point. :oops: why go through all the hassle and haggle if this can be avoided by answering my question. Maan. I like have...
Hello Guru 8) , Developer :idea: , Casual Reader :shock: , Bug :twisted: and User :D I like have a few Questions for...
Replies
Views
Re: quiet pc Thats a well-known classic. However, many recent motherboards have fan control support such that fan speeds can be lowered using software such as Speedfan. In other cases automatic fan control can be enabled in the BIOS.
Re: quiet pc Thats a well-known classic. However, many recent motherboards have fan control support such that fan speeds can be...
One idea i had to keep the noise down on a beefy htpc , is to lock it in the cabinet and not have it viewable , basically have it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Control over LAN DE
There is a simple solution for that. I can't remember it now, but if you go to the MPW home page there is a big sing that points to it. Look in the MPW FAQ if all else fails...
There is a simple solution for that. I can't remember it now, but if you go to the MPW home page there is a big sing that points...
I am looking for a way to control MediaPortal over my LAN, so that myself and others on my network can schedule it to record at a...
Replies
Views
yes I know, but if you've seen real Front Row you would know what we talk about - no relation to "just a skin" there is heavy use of 3D technology in Front Row that I am not so sure a skin could implement (without skin support from MP beef up first)...
yes I know, but if you've seen real Front Row you would know what we talk about - no relation to "just a skin" there is heavy...
Hi, i just saw a movie from Front Row, which is some kind of Mediaportal for the Apple... I was wondering, why there is not...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I have downloaded MediaPortal mainly to use the software to watch and record tv programms. Unfortunately, MediaPortal is unable to find my tv-card (that is my tv-stick: I have a Yakumo usb stick, which, as I have read in the support, should work with MediaPortal) And so it goes: when by the set up I try to add a tv...
Hi everybody, I have downloaded MediaPortal mainly to use the software to watch and record tv programms. Unfortunately...
Hi everybody, I have downloaded MediaPortal mainly to use the software to watch and record tv programms. Unfortunately...
Replies
Views
OK - I see in a previous post that the name of this plugin is being changed to "Play DVD" - that is good. Mike
OK - I see in a previous post that the name of this plugin is being changed to "Play DVD" - that is good. Mike
Hi, I am new to Media Portal after reading posts it works well with Nebula DigiTV. I have been messing about with it for a...
Replies
Views
I like not knowing what song is next, a bit boring otherwise!!! Plus, I am obviously not like everyone else as I hate listening to albums at a time, I listen to a lot of different genres of music and like the change from one song to the next. The speed issue is no big issue so I can wait for further releases of MP.
I like not knowing what song is next, a bit boring otherwise!!! Plus, I am obviously not like everyone else as I hate listening to...
is there any way to shuffle music?
Replies
Views
Youd have to try it because I know the next time you go into configuration it would so no card and remove it. Whether or not that would take the recording directory with it I cant say. Yes but since I havent used it Im not sure whether if you added a new file to a directory whether it would automatically add it or not. Yes, as...
Youd have to try it because I know the next time you go into configuration it would so no card and remove it. Whether or not that...
Hello, I'm new here. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to confirm that MP can operate as a Recorded TV client...
Replies
Views
I think this discussion is more or less finished. I think the major point is that HW encoding or DVB cards are the future and good HW encoding analog cards are no longer expensive (see Hauppauge PVR-150 or PVR-150MCE). @Okay sorry to hear about the cost of your 350!. Ok I understand people are getting SW encoders free in...
I think this discussion is more or less finished. I think the major point is that HW encoding or DVB cards are the future and...
Ok, i understand that for some 'misterious' reason, there is no interest here in supporting SW cards (i 've began to think that the...
Replies
Views
Is there any way to import your videos into the database using the file parsing to fill it similar to meedio. I am not necissarily looking for even a Media portal app, just trying to avoid writing one myself. I have a ton of TV episodes, internet shows etc that IMDB has no information for or that I don't want it to download info on...
Is there any way to import your videos into the database using the file parsing to fill it similar to meedio. I am not necissarily...
Is there any way to import your videos into the database using the file parsing to fill it similar to meedio. I am not necissarily...
Replies
Views
It would be nice if Winamp visualisation could be shown in MP! I use ControlFreak often to manage playlists and volume thrue my phone (bluetooth). It works realy great! People who have a phone with Symbian60 on it should give it a try! The only disadvantage is that you need to use Winamp as the default player for music, and...
It would be nice if Winamp visualisation could be shown in MP! I use ControlFreak often to manage playlists and volume thrue my...
Is there a way to make the visualization play in now playing in the place of where the album art is?
Replies
Views
no problem
no problem
...I want a few things cleared out first. 1) I see MPLE is probably outdate and/or inactive. Am I correct? I emailed LordMessi...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 hebrew DE
Doron - Maybe as MP picks up steam and gathers more programmers it could be that a programmer who also would also like to have a Hebrew version and who wouldn't mind spending time working out a solution for you guys. I wish I knew how to give you a suggestion as to how-to solicit help in finding such a person - but I don't. My best to...
Doron - Maybe as MP picks up steam and gathers more programmers it could be that a programmer who also would also like to have a...
Hi I think MediaPortal is one of the best HTPC software Y Hebrew is not working on the new Version?
Replies
Views
Ok, I think that enough has been said/written on this topic - the thread is now locked....
Ok, I think that enough has been said/written on this topic - the thread is now locked....
I wanted a program solid reliable and fast to manage both my TNT tv card and my analog video input (tv on IP) and get reliable time...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom