MediaPortal 1 Talk (50 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
  • Poll
Hi, sorry Fidoboy. I have to close this thread. This has been discussed many times. Yes you are right, MP may loose people with SW encoding cards. But as you asked above, it will not be easier to maintain two TV engines. It much better for the code, the support and stability to only have one TV engine. The current engine...
Hi, sorry Fidoboy. I have to close this thread. This has been discussed many times. Yes you are right, MP may loose people...
I'm a very new user of MP, after using a lot of other HTPC software, finally i found MP and i really think that it's a really good...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I've seen that NOVA product had a few bad users on the board here, but I might just get it and hope, so thanks for the advice.
Thanks, I've seen that NOVA product had a few bad users on the board here, but I might just get it and hope, so thanks for the advice.
Sorry, I am relatively new here, and new to this media program too. I want to invest in a USB2 TV Stick or other such device for...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, there 's the possibility of mirror mp downloads in italy on a gigabit internet connection. Some my friends are founder of this association: www.fastbull.org, the mission of this association is mirror some open-project like linux distrubutions or other free softwares. Fastbull's servers ar hosted at this corp. www.top-ix.it...
Hi guys, there 's the possibility of mirror mp downloads in italy on a gigabit internet connection. Some my friends are founder of...
Hi guys, there 's the possibility of mirror mp downloads in italy on a gigabit internet connection. Some my friends are founder of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "SageTV" DE
It was using the Fusion 5 Lite. And unfortunately, recent SVN builds broke it. There have been no changes to the TV code recently, so I'm wondering if something else is at play here. Specifically when Framerate drops to 0, there is a No Signal Detected! pop up. SOmetimes MP does not recover from this. There appears to be other...
It was using the Fusion 5 Lite. And unfortunately, recent SVN builds broke it. There have been no changes to the TV code...
Friend sent me a link to an article where some guy runs through setting up a media PC. He ends up recommending SageTV. When...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Playing VCD DE
vodicka Have you got either powerdvd or windvd installed (or equivalent). If you have, should play ok. 8)
vodicka Have you got either powerdvd or windvd installed (or equivalent). If you have, should play ok. 8)
I can not play VCD in MP RC2. Maybe problem will be with Windows media player10.0 that I use for playing. Is there some solution ...
Replies
Views
The way i understood it media portal uses media player to a point The msn plugin for media player alows your personal message to be what your listening to, The msn plugin for media poral is just msn in the media portal gui what i want is a way to use the media player plugins when playing music or a video
The way i understood it media portal uses media player to a point The msn plugin for media player alows your personal message...
Is there any way so that media portal can use media player plugins For example the msn plugin If it cant be done just now...
Replies
Views
Good idea, although TV series, TV movies and documentaries are also shown on IMDb so perhaps every genre other than "News", etc. (I'm sure there are others) could be linked to it.
Good idea, although TV series, TV movies and documentaries are also shown on IMDb so perhaps every genre other than "News", etc...
Hi , I have been inspecting the MP source code for weeks and found that you are trying to integrate too much funcionalty inside the...
Replies
Views
I don't know if some of us have developer access, but there is a thread about fixing up the swedish translation: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=9339&highlight=swedish+translation
I don't know if some of us have developer access, but there is a thread about fixing up the swedish translation...
Is there any swedes with developer access? I really would like to fix the 'missing' translation of AM/PM...
Replies
Views
Thanks, but as you said there is not metadata there containing the show information. Its kept in the SQLite db. But what I want to know is how does the DVR-MS file link the DB entry to get the description in MP?? Can somebody tell me what the number is after 'p' ? example = Boomerang_Captain_Caveman_200604131332p4329.dvr-ms...
Thanks, but as you said there is not metadata there containing the show information. Its kept in the SQLite db. But what I want...
Does MP save any metadata to its recorded DVR-MS files - like show name, channel, etc? There is one particular tool that...
Replies
Views
SteveV Sorry steve already at the british patents office on that one. 8)
SteveV Sorry steve already at the british patents office on that one. 8)
Read all about it: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/microsoft-patents-chatting-while-watching-tv-170198.php And...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mediaportal NVOD DE
Hi, is there a chance that MP will support NVOD (i.e. Premiere Direkt / Sportportal) in the near future ? Or maybe is somebody already writing a plugin for that ??? coolsurfer
Hi, is there a chance that MP will support NVOD (i.e. Premiere Direkt / Sportportal) in the near future ? Or maybe is somebody...
Hi, is there a chance that MP will support NVOD (i.e. Premiere Direkt / Sportportal) in the near future ? Or maybe is somebody...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Advice,,, DE
:lol: Hilarious
:lol: Hilarious
Advice needed: How do you get the wife and the children away from the HTPC? I wanna tweak it, install RC4 etc. on it. :roll...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ATI TV WONDER PCI DE
I have a ati tv wonder pci and i was wondering if it would work with this program. Also if it does not work will it work or will i have to buy a new card. :D
I have a ati tv wonder pci and i was wondering if it would work with this program. Also if it does not work will it work or will i...
I have a ati tv wonder pci and i was wondering if it would work with this program. Also if it does not work will it work or will i...
Replies
Views
;) My bad, the correct term is "OnResumeSuspend" By the "Learn events" box you have a drop-down list with "All" and "Girder event". Choose "Girder event" and hit "learn events". Now you can choose "OnResumeSuspend"
;) My bad, the correct term is "OnResumeSuspend" By the "Learn events" box you have a drop-down list with "All" and "Girder...
I configured my USBUIRT to wake up my PC from S3. However, I would like to be able to automatically launch Media Portal when I wake...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Where is MP headed? DE
In a perfect world MP would run on Linux, then we would have a free software environment; Officexp = Openoffice, Windows = Linux, MCE = MP. + we have of course GIMP, firefox, thunderbird etc. etc. Open Source rocks
In a perfect world MP would run on Linux, then we would have a free software environment; Officexp = Openoffice, Windows = Linux...
I must preface this post by saying what follows is in no way intended to offend anyone in any way... please keep your flame...
Replies
Views
EDIT: nevermind, didn't seed Aside's edit about not being able to directly link to the downloads. Shouldn't surf the web this late at night. Good idea tho keeping an updated list, i'd rather check a thread than sift thru the plugins section once in a while to see what's new.
EDIT: nevermind, didn't seed Aside's edit about not being able to directly link to the downloads. Shouldn't surf the web this...
I have started a list of all the plugins that are currently available to download on the MP website. I will keep updating this as...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is it that? DE
You should be able to achieve most, if not all, of the features you are after with core MP functionality and Plugins and third party addons. You can customise your menu structure from within the MP Configuration App -> Plugins -> Right Click 'Home' Plugin -> Select 'Configuration' -> go to 'Menu Structure' tab. Supports many...
You should be able to achieve most, if not all, of the features you are after with core MP functionality and Plugins and third...
Now with Meedio's death, people will start flowing towards other solutions. One of those that seems to fulfill some basic...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program or Skin MP Version: RC4 Skin: MCE Windows Version: WinXP SP2 CPU Type: some intel @2.6GHz Memory: 512MB HT Motherboard Chipset: i875 Video Card: ATI 9800XT/256 Video Card Driver: latest (6.4?) Video Card Resolution: 720x576 Video Render Type: Overlay I think (irrelevant) Video Codec Type &...
Area: Media Portal Program or Skin MP Version: RC4 Skin: MCE Windows Version: WinXP SP2 CPU Type: some intel @2.6GHz Memory...
What am I doing wrong? All Greek content I have is using Greek filenames. No problem with Meedio (and other media software)...
Replies
Views
If by solid you mean stable and doesn't crash then this is where MP has made great strides and has been the developer focus for a while now. It is so rock-solid for me that we have 3 MediaPortal computers in our house to provide TV (and the rest that it can do like radio, music, dvd's etc!!!)... we have no Free-To-Air STB's or...
If by solid you mean stable and doesn't crash then this is where MP has made great strides and has been the developer focus for a...
Does MP work in Win XP Pro 64? What is up with ms-dvr, what's wrong with recording to mp3 format? My hauppaug. MVP doesn't...
Replies
Views
This one is for any smart dudes out there, i was wondering if there was a easy way to say save/backup files in media portal to import them back in easierly after a fresh install, the stuff i want to be able to backup and restore are things like. Radio stations (shoutcast ones) Weather settings (currently i have copied the XML and...
This one is for any smart dudes out there, i was wondering if there was a easy way to say save/backup files in media portal to...
This one is for any smart dudes out there, i was wondering if there was a easy way to say save/backup files in media portal to...
Replies
Views
I'll do xp 64 breath testing, once I get every thing installed
Replies
Views
petteram, looks like you are trying to update a DVB-S floppyDTV with the DVB-C firmware... :)
petteram, looks like you are trying to update a DVB-S floppyDTV with the DVB-C firmware... :)
The following problems have occurd after updating to RC3 Some channels are just black. Can not get them to work. All channels...
Replies
Views
http://www.dagbladet.no/dinside/2006/04/25/464469.html Pherhaps not in the paper, but still I think it is cool to see mediaportal in the news :D
http://www.dagbladet.no/dinside/2006/04/25/464469.html Pherhaps not in the paper, but still I think it is cool to see...
http://www.dagbladet.no/dinside/2006/04/25/464469.html Pherhaps not in the paper, but still I think it is cool to see...
Replies
Views
I really hope I'm posting this in the right place...if not, I apologize. I've tried searching, but cannot find my answer. I finally got around to really tinkering with MediaPortal this past weekend, and I absolutely love the program. Even more telling, my wife (who frequently sees me using various programs all the time, but never...
I really hope I'm posting this in the right place...if not, I apologize. I've tried searching, but cannot find my answer. I...
I really hope I'm posting this in the right place...if not, I apologize. I've tried searching, but cannot find my answer. I...
Replies
Views
Great post and I'm glad you took the time to post it. This sort of thing really helps the devs keep going, after all the whiny "MP should do ------" type of threads they get. Welcome to the community.
Great post and I'm glad you took the time to post it. This sort of thing really helps the devs keep going, after all the whiny "MP...
HI guys, just thought i would introduce my self =) I would first like to say MEDIA PORTAL is by far the most configurable and...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal TestTeam moved to www.testteam-mediaportal.com On the 20.04.2006 the new MediaPortal TestTeam Website went online. This step was necessary because the old domain name /www.elite-squad.net) was not related to the MediaPortal Project. Now you can find the TestTeam webpage and forum under...
MediaPortal TestTeam moved to www.testteam-mediaportal.com On the 20.04.2006 the new MediaPortal TestTeam Website went online...
Hello! The new Media Portal Test Team Forum is now ONLINE! If you want to help us testing Media Portal and provide the...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal TestTeam moved to www.testteam-mediaportal.com On the 20.04.2006 the new MediaPortal TestTeam Website went online. This step was necessary because the old domain name /www.elite-squad.net) was not related to the MediaPortal Project. Now you can find the TestTeam webpage and forum under...
MediaPortal TestTeam moved to www.testteam-mediaportal.com On the 20.04.2006 the new MediaPortal TestTeam Website went online...
Replies
Views
I think restore is the import of your own backup. And lookup is for downloading a channellist for your town, that has been created and uploaded by another user already. see this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=6962 Regards Ralph
I think restore is the import of your own backup. And lookup is for downloading a channellist for your town, that has been...
Hi, I'm trying Mediaportal RC4......is great !! Please, someone can explay me what they do the buttons in Setup...
Replies
Views
Been doing some thinking on this, bear with me if I get it wrong. The only bits that the server needs to do are: a) File storage b) database storage and updates c) TV & radio program capture / streaming to clients The clients still have the standard MP software on them. Only thing that would be missing would be a tuner...
Been doing some thinking on this, bear with me if I get it wrong. The only bits that the server needs to do are: a) File...
Hello, I'm new on MediaPortal. I want to setup a fileserver to take care of all my files. And I want to have several...
Replies
Views
pjmelvin As you said unfortunately MP does take control of sound, so yes everything is systemwide. 8)
pjmelvin As you said unfortunately MP does take control of sound, so yes everything is systemwide. 8)
hi, Please can you tell me if i can raise/lower the volume of MediaPortal independant of the system, i have tried the wave...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom