MediaPortal 1 Talk (39 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 MP in system tray DE
vadik78 That is exactly what MP does. Unfortunate any window change seems to loose the buffer. Hopefully at some point in time, this will get fixed, but not high on the list.
vadik78 That is exactly what MP does. Unfortunate any window change seems to loose the buffer. Hopefully at some point in...
When I minimize MP, it goes to system tray. Once in system tray, some of the remote functionality is not working. I can pause and...
Replies
Views
Where does one get the cover art? Doesn't auto add to database, so I have looked in IMDB and cut/paste url from pic but nothing upon hitting lookup button. cheers
Where does one get the cover art? Doesn't auto add to database, so I have looked in IMDB and cut/paste url from pic but nothing...
What is movie database used for. It downloads all those actors etc.. But how do u view all that info from inside Media Portal?
Replies
Views
Hi, the SQLight Browser can be found in /MediaPortal/docs/ :) Flip.
Hi, the SQLight Browser can be found in /MediaPortal/docs/ :) Flip.
Hi, First of all........Great Mediaportal RC4 !! Is it possible to manage TV channels database (for example group/ungroup...
Replies
Views
diehard2: as long as you have a directx 9 graphics card, you will probably have little problems with your cpu specs and mp. (since mp relies heavily on directx - in opposite to meedio afaik?) i have seen you found the directtv thread yourself. hopefully works for you after recompile. tomtom
diehard2: as long as you have a directx 9 graphics card, you will probably have little problems with your cpu specs and mp. (since...
Hi guys, Well I tried MP about a year ago and stayed with Meedio. I have to say that things have progressed quite far in a year...
Replies
Views
Appreciate the responses guys. What I found so far is that in order to get multi-tuners, I will need 2 STBs in order to be able to watch 1 and play another. Unless... Is this possible. Set up one tuner to record off the STB, and the other can record regular ota? In which case I would need 1 capture card and 1 tv tuner and 1 STB?
Appreciate the responses guys. What I found so far is that in order to get multi-tuners, I will need 2 STBs in order to be able to...
Hey guys, somewhat new to MP. I checked it out a year ago hoping to replace my STB but the technology still isn't there for that...
Replies
Views
I got the remote worked out. Just used the DVico remote software. Would be still struggling to get HIP and HID working if a guy did not say just use that software :P Now i have a problem with the codecs. My TV codecs seem to die on me. Though i think i found the problem. i used DCCheck to set dscaler as my primary video codec. And...
I got the remote worked out. Just used the DVico remote software. Would be still struggling to get HIP and HID working if a guy...
Ive finaly go it set up. The remote was the hardest thing. Finaly got the keys working and now i can watch TV. Play divx. Even...
Replies
Views
great. thanks so much for the info!
great. thanks so much for the info!
currently i'm using ReplayTV. i'm in the process of building a HTPC instead. i'm just wondering two things: obviously you can...
Replies
Views
Support questions have been split off and moved to General Support.
Support questions have been split off and moved to General Support.
Living room HTPC MP Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 Skin: default Windows Version: XP professional SP2 CPU Type: intel P4 Northwood 2.8...
Replies
Views
yes you can. Press Y to add to the playlist, then go to playlist and there you can save it. Next time please post in the support section.
yes you can. Press Y to add to the playlist, then go to playlist and there you can save it. Next time please post in the support...
Can you create playlists in Media Portal? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Good... A few comments: The idea of having a fileserver is IMO lost if you don't have it up and running 24/7. About the timeshift/record corruption, then I would think it's a MP bug rather than caused by you using remote storage. Enjoy the testing...
Good... A few comments: The idea of having a fileserver is IMO lost if you don't have it up and running 24/7. About the...
I was wondering if there is any one that is currently doing this as i am building a file server in the next few months and i would...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 FinallyRC3 DE
Now on RC4, had RC3 for about a week heheheh
Now on RC4, had RC3 for about a week heheheh
Been getting the dreaded 2908 MSInstaller error,so my RC3 installation had to wait until I could reinstall my mediaPC. Well, took...
Replies
Views
First of all a big thankyou to the developers of Mediaportal. One of the Swedish IDG-magazines has a comparison between Mediaportal and Win MCE. It's the second most read article on IDG.SE the last 24 hours. Hopefully we can see some more Swedish Mediaportal users soon. >> Read news article
First of all a big thankyou to the developers of Mediaportal. One of the Swedish IDG-magazines has a comparison between...
First of all a big thankyou to the developers of Mediaportal. One of the Swedish IDG-magazines has a comparison between...
Replies
Views
thanks! We cannot get enough of these messages. Great that Mediaportal matches your requirements. Enjoy it!
thanks! We cannot get enough of these messages. Great that Mediaportal matches your requirements. Enjoy it!
Hi all, As a new user of MP, I just wanted to say well done to all involved - you have created a fantastic piece of software. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New to MP... DE
there was a bug in mp concerning the 20 albums issue. don´t know which version you are using. think it was solved quite a while ago. best try the release candidate 4 from today and see if the problem still arises. might be necessary to rescan the music database. tomtom
there was a bug in mp concerning the 20 albums issue. don´t know which version you are using. think it was solved quite a while...
Have a new setup and wanted to try some home entertainment software and went to meedio firstly but not being a techy and their...
Replies
Views
Nope it has insomnia, its awake 24/7.
Nope it has insomnia, its awake 24/7.
Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to make MediaPortal boot before windows does. The reasoning behind this is so that I dont...
Replies
Views
ah... thanks :)
ah... thanks :)
HI everyone, just a question: is there any site wich give us a overview of e.g. skins? with screenies, and sorted for 16:9 and...
Replies
Views
Nice one:-)
Nice one:-)
Just wondering, what is the situation about DVB Subtitling in Media Portal. Who is developing subtitle support and is there enough...
Replies
Views
jajaja, i was going to post this article just now... that writer clearly doesnt know what MP logo...jajaja
jajaja, i was going to post this article just now... that writer clearly doesnt know what MP logo...jajaja
So, this article has a few screenshots of Mediaportal, but the author doesn't link to the Mediaportal site or even mention the...
Replies
Views
If you download the MyKeys plugin then you'll get most of what you are after. It will give you: Fullscreen TV: T MyTV Screen: t Guide: G Most of the general shortcuts can be seen in MP config/General/
If you download the MyKeys plugin then you'll get most of what you are after. It will give you: Fullscreen TV: T MyTV Screen...
Hi, I am trying to ascertain what some of the lesser know shortcuts for MediaPortal are. Or more specifically I am trying to...
Replies
Views
It is now possible to buy the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder online from most countries in the world from http://store.nvidia.com/. In case anybody is currently using an illegal license because the NVIDIA store didn't sell the codec to his or her country, you now have the opportunity to buy it legally.
It is now possible to buy the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder online from most countries in the world from http://store.nvidia.com/. In...
I live in Denmark and cannot find any place to buy the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder to use in MediaPortal. The NVIDIA online store only...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the replay and information. When I use either an internal or external player, I am unable to get MP to play a decoded DVD. On the disk it is in a directory titled the same as the movie and within that is the VIDEO_TS folder which contains the assets (.IFO and .VOB files). I could not find any posting or instructions...
Thank you for the replay and information. When I use either an internal or external player, I am unable to get MP to play a...
I am looking to house 300+ DVDs on a Hard Disk solution, have thumbnails to browse and select movies to play. Is Media Portal a...
Replies
Views
All is said, I think. Thread closed. (I removed the bad words in one of the above posts.)
All is said, I think. Thread closed. (I removed the bad words in one of the above posts.)
After an incredibly frustrating week involving lost/missing program guide info, recordings full of nothing but static, crashes, and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Firedaemon DE
For those like me who use IRtrans -Girder,and want to automate the opening of the IRtrans server via FIREDAEMON-There is a website in Sweden were you still can download a version(1.5) that is freeware for personal use.Dont be tempted to upgrade it from the official Firedaemon site though,as the new versions will require payment...
For those like me who use IRtrans -Girder,and want to automate the opening of the IRtrans server via FIREDAEMON-There is a...
For those like me who use IRtrans -Girder,and want to automate the opening of the IRtrans server via FIREDAEMON-There is a...
Replies
Views
Uitzending gemist streams do not seem to work I've tried this with Uitzending gemist and the asf streams play nicely in WMP but MP refuses to play them and logs this: PlaylistPlayer.Play unable to play:http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/tv/nos/journaal/bb.laatste.asf Any idea why?
Uitzending gemist streams do not seem to work I've tried this with Uitzending gemist and the asf streams play nicely in WMP but MP...
Hello, This is my first post, but I've been using Mediaportal for a while now. I'm working on a small program to automatically...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
For those that want to get rid of the "My" prefix you can simply add the following line to the 'general' section of mediaportal.xml: <entry name="myprefix">no</entry>
For those that want to get rid of the "My" prefix you can simply add the following line to the 'general' section of...
I wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes... I have a bit of a problem with the "My" terminology, as in "My Music", "My...
Replies
Views
Gosties The world is your oyster, as the saying goes. The first things you want to consider are 1 will i ever want to watch one program and record another. 2 will this ever be connected at some future point to a HDTV. 3. How much do I want to spend. If answer is yes to 1/2 then can recommend this...
Gosties The world is your oyster, as the saying goes. The first things you want to consider are 1 will i ever want to...
I own a desktop pc with the following spec :- 2.4ghz Amd Athlon XP CPU 1 gb ram geforce 5200 graphics card soundblaster 5.1...
Replies
Views
Hi Jai As far as I know there are no dual DVB-T, C or S usb tuners around. Can i comment on the usefullness of a analogue/digital dual card. Waste of MONEY and i have one. Getting dual DVB-T card (PCI) as soon as i have a spare £130 (Kids). Hope this Helps 8)
Hi Jai As far as I know there are no dual DVB-T, C or S usb tuners around. Can i comment on the usefullness of a...
Hi, Just been searchin the net for ages looking for latest tv usb solutions, reviews comparisons and i am finding very little. I...
Replies
Views
It is in Mantis, in the feedback stage. It looks like people have added info and the status of the bug needs to be changed to new again.
It is in Mantis, in the feedback stage. It looks like people have added info and the status of the bug needs to be changed to new...
Theres been one of the bugs topics i have been watching as i have been experiencing bug but when i was looking throuigh the forum i...
Replies
Views
Do they work in other applications (or if you try and connect them manually in graphedit)?
Do they work in other applications (or if you try and connect them manually in graphedit)?
What’s New in Version 1.02-196 Version 1.02-196 of the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder includes the following changes and fixes since...
Replies
Views
I must agree with STSC Until the TV bugs are sorted the OVERWHELMING improvements are getting unfortunately diminished. The improvements i have seen since finding MP over a year ago are amazing, Thanks again to Frodo and the rest of the Gang. As a engineer, I know perfection is not lightly achieved. 8)
I must agree with STSC Until the TV bugs are sorted the OVERWHELMING improvements are getting unfortunately diminished. The...
To all MP people: Thanks! I have been using MP since 0.0.10 or something like that. But it has not been until installing 0.2 RC2...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom