1.31 no longer playing .wtv files correctly (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen.

Is this a known problem or, maybe, have I not installed a vital file for .wtv files?

EDIT: the video appears in an 'ActiveMovie Window'. I am able to watch .wtv file with 1.31 on a separate machine but not on any client machines. This is why I asked whether there is a file I haven't installed on my client machines.

EDIT2: I've attached what the ActiveMovie Window looks like. If I convert the .wtv file to a .ts file, the file plays normally.

Attachments

• WTV Play.zip
      1.8 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen.
    I have a couple of short WTV recordings that I made when I was still using WMC. I have just tried them, and they both play correctly fullscreen.

The MP TV Server does not use or understand WTV files, and so will not show them in the "Recorded TV" panel. However, MP's "Videos" section understands and plays many different video formats. The specific file extensions that are supported are defined in "MP Config" on this panel. Check that WTV is listed as a playable video format on those MP systems that play the file incorrectly.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I have a couple of short WTV recordings that I made when I was still using WMC. I have just tried them, and they both play correctly fullscreen.

The MP TV Server does not use or understand WTV files, and so will not show them in the "Recorded TV" panel. However, MP's "Videos" section understands and plays many different video formats. The specific file extensions that are supported are defined in "MP Config" on this panel. Check that WTV is listed as a playable video format on those MP systems that play the file incorrectly.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it.

I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in MediaPortal.xml that made .wtv files not display properly when the old MediaPortal.xml was used.

I can now run .wtv files without error.

Now I just need to find the offending line as I have loads of MediaPortal.xml entries that have been added over the years.

Thanks for you help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom