[Bug] 1.8.0 & 1.7.2.1582- After watching something to completion, nothing works but the top bar (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all.

Please reference thread posted here for lots of logs from some trials (it was suggested I post here for help): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pletion-nothing-works-but-the-top-bar.126756/

This is very odd, but ever since my 1.8.0 upgrade, after watching something to completion, MP becomes unresponsive to keyboard, mouse, or remote. However, I can take the mouse to the top of the screen and the top bar (general controls) still work. This only happens with movies in Moving Pictures. My Videos and My TV Series works fine.

Also, while in the video, all of the play/pause/FF/RW commands still work via remote/mouse/keyboard. It's only after it ends that it seems to fail. It now makes me think that this possibly has to do with the rating dialog. The rating dialog doesn't appear after MediaPortal was updated to 1.8.0.

The only way to fix this is to close and open mediaportal again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check to make sure all remenants of WindowsPlugins are gone (old files might have been left behind due to the 'upgrade'), and that you have the correct versions of Moving-Pictures plugin and up-to-date skin files (Titan Extended installed also helps).

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Check to make sure all remenants of WindowsPlugins are gone (old files might have been left behind due to the 'upgrade'), and that you have the correct versions of Moving-Pictures plugin and up-to-date skin files (Titan Extended installed also helps).
    Where can I check for the WindowsPlugins leftovers?

At upgrade, I told it to install titan extended brand new. So it should have copied everything over right?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check the plugins/windows folder, make sure the upgrade removed the files that can cause issues.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    I have this bug as well, from logs I think it's related to the rating dialog in movpic (I use titan extended skin). Disabling Auto-prompt rating dialog when movie ends in Moving Pictures advanced settings stop this bug.

Here are logs with all plugi-ins disabled but Moving pictures. I had to kill MePo because GUI was not responding, I hope someone can help :)

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have this bug as well, from logs I think it's related to the rating dialog in movpic (I use titan extended skin). Disabling Auto-prompt rating dialog when movie ends in Moving Pictures advanced settings stop this bug.
    Yes, this is a bug in Titan skin not providing the correct control for the MovingPictures rating dialog.

Make sure you're running the very latest release of Titan and Titan Extended as it might already be updated to support it.

You can do as you say to work around the issue or switch skin to one that is supported or use a different rating dialog e.g Trakt plugin offers a rate dialog on watched completion as well.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Thanks @ltfearme on the suggestion on trakt rating dialog, I enabled it but it seems it uses the 2 hearts mode (totally ninja vs weak sauce). Is it possible to change it to 10 heart or something similar?

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks @ltfearme on the suggestion on trakt rating dialog, I enabled it but it seems it uses the 2 hearts mode (totally ninja vs weak sauce). Is it possible to change it to 10 heart or something similar?
    Yep, just visit the http://trakt.tv website and change your settings to use Advanced Ratings. You will then see 10 Hearts.

The next time you logon using the trakt plugin it will pick up the new settings. You can just restart MediaPortal.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, this is a bug in Titan skin not providing the correct control for the MovingPictures rating dialog.

Make sure you're running the very latest release of Titan and Titan Extended as it might already be updated to support it.
    MediaPortal 1.9 Pre and Titan Extended 1.7 is the latest versions and the problem is still present. Do you know how to fix the issue? What xml file is responsible for the rating dialog in Moving Pictures?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I would start with:

dialogGeneralRating.xml
    dialogRating.xml
    Trakt.RateDialog.xml
    TVSeries.RatingDialog.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom