1.8.0 Not detecting recording conflicts (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm guessing this started when I upgraded to 1.8.0 yesterday, or perhaps 1.7.1 a month ago. I didn't get a conflict warning when selecting a DVB-S channel to record tomorrow, and I noticed 2 other channels had been selected for recording at the same time. It was working a few weeks ago. I have only 2 DVB-S tuners which can only record one channel at a time.

I re-checked the TV Server setting for the 2 TV cards and both are set to "This card can decode 1 channels simultaneously".

Let me know if logs will help for tracking this down.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why do you think the tuners can only do one channel at a time? They should be able to tune one *transponder* at a time, but if multiple selected channels are on the same transponder you should be able to receive them on the same tuner (if they are FTA channels). So it's possible that there is no conflict and all three channels will record fine at the same time with your two tuners. AFAIK the "decode 1 channels simultaneously" thing is referring to encrypted channels only.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nope, not the Black Gold BTG-3600. It only does 1 channel even on the same transponder. I'm pretty sure I tested it as well and it didn't work. But there does appear to be a bug somewhere as there are no recording conflicts regardless of the number of channels selected for recording at the same time. Trying to watch a 3rd channel will say no cards available, but selecting to record the current channel is accepted and shows in red but doesn't actually start recording.

I haven't got time to make logs currently. Is it the TV Server log I need to send as that's on a separate computer.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Nope, not the Black Gold BTG-3600. It only does 1 channel even on the same transponder.
    Well it works fine with my BGT3600. Not saying there can't be a conflict detection problem, but if they are non-encrypted FTA channels you should be able to receive multiple channels on the same transponder with each DVB tuner (same applies for DVB-S and DVB-T)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I think that's for encrypted channels that need a CAM (like Sky paid channels). For freesat/freeview that shouldn't apply. If you're using encrypted channels with a CAM then ignore me :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Rob is right. Multi-channel decoding (decrypting) is for encrypted channels. Free channels don't need to be "decoded". You can record all the free channels from one transponder with one tuner.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is mostly encrypted channels with a CAM with some freeview channels. I didn't realize there was a difference in TV card behavior between the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom