4K display error - blurry green + zoomed in UI and player (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Finally upgraded to a 4K screen today and have a weird issue which makes it impossible to use Mediaportal with it.

- When at 4K 60hz whenever Mediaportal is in focus I get this display:

DSC_0226.jpg

- When I'm out of focus (alt+tabbed to window before it) it looks fine:

DSC_0227.jpg

- When I set it to 1080P @ 60hz everything runs fine.

No idea what is causing this as the logs look ok, tested with Mediaportal 1.13 and 1.14 but had same result.
    Attached log and Nvidia settings, only difference I see is that on 1080P it will use RGB and on 4K it's YcbCR420 but since it works fine when out of focus I don't think this is the reason for it failing.

Tested in other players like Zoom / MPC-HC but everything runs fine there as well as games so looks Mediaportal related so any help on this is appreciated :)

Sony_4k.PNG

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Finally upgraded to a 4K screen today
    congrats Rick (y)

but why do you want use 4k resolution ?

your graphic card can output 4k 60hz with 4:4:4 ?
    hdmi%20limites.jpg

try to restart computer .... yesterday my MP was locked to 720p on 1080p screen and windows resolution was also 1080p

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure if it can do 4:4:4 but will be upgrading to the GTX1080 once it's out so that should be HDMI 2.0 then :)
    Will test after reboot as it looks like some weird driver issue although with Kodi and Plex I can't reproduce it so far.

Have some 4K content so want to stick with that as the default because the Sony X1 engine can do proper scaling.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got a cheaper Sony model this time because 4K will get some mayor upgrades either next year or the year after once they fix the OLED issues (or come up with an alternative) so not a great idea to the top of the line at the moment :)

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x810c

No 4K HDR but that one is debatable because it lacks content and other than that the picture quality is great :D

// Update

Cleared / reinstalled Nvidia drivers and that fixed it :D

Not sure where it went wrong as it was pretty stock there with no specific 3D settings.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Returned after a reboot, new AVR will arrive tomorrow so will try it with that in between as right now it's directly connected to the TV with ARC limited to 2.0 (Android TV bug :( )

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had a the same issue with my Samsung 4k TV and GTX960 card. The solution for me was to change a setting in the TV to use UHD color range on the HDMI port.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, noticed that 1080P was still not perfect on this screen be it with up scaling or manually setting the resolution so returned it for now.
    Think this will remain a problem with most if not all 4K screens so gonna wait for the tech to mature a bit more :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same issue here on a brand new Philips 55PUK7150/12.
    Sadly it sounds like a bug caused by MP on those TV.
    Logs attached.

We must be sending something in the signal the TV does not like.
    Either us MP1 or the NVidia driver.
    I'm running a GTX 750ti with 4Gb of VRAM.
    What was you graphics adapter?

Well it could just be a MP issue though. That seems more likely to be honest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom