4k support? (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I've got a new UHD TV and am running with 2160p/60 via HDMI 2.0.
    Windows Textsize scaling is at 300%, which works fine. But not in the StreamedMP skin, texts are so very tiny and I have not yet found a solution in the BasicHome Editor.
    Is this being supported at all? Thanks for your help.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would there be an easy workaround until a proper fix is implemented?
    Say something that would just double the size of the fonts for instance.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another thing you can try is setting the FontSize to Large in the StreamedMP options. This allows you to use 100% font scale in Windows but effectively double the size of the main reading fonts with-in the GUI.

I use this setting as I find it hard to read the default text size, im getting too old.

Oh by the way, just got a new Sony 940D 75" which supports 4K and also upgraded my graphics card in the HTPC to 1050 GTX so should be able to play around with 4K in the lounge room for Movies and Shows now.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just got a new Sony 940D 75" which supports 4K
    That's a beast of a TV. It would be nice if you could do a review a bit like I did for my Philips.

upgraded my graphics card in the HTPC to 1050 GTX
    Good call! I own four graphics card based on GTX 750 ti which was the predecessor of the 1050. I'm a big fan of those low power models.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a 4K 55" TV connected to a 4K capable media centre PC and am wondering at what resolution I should set the PC screen / display settings.

Should I set 1920 x 1080 (the Humax PVR looks great on this TV at these settings not that i can change the resolution of the Humax) or should I use 3840 x 2160 or what windows suggests of 4096 x 2160?

If I use 1920 or 3840 the text and picture, both TV and windows desktop, 'fits' the screen. If I use 4096 the desktop is off the screen and so too the TV image so I guess it is obvious to use something other than 4096 as a resolution.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use the following settings for a 75" using Nvidia 1050 GTX:

Resolution = 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
    Desktop Colour Depth = 32bit
    Output Colour Depth = 8 bpc
    Output Colour Format = YCbCr420
    Output Dynamic Range = Limited (disabled when using these settings).

I only installed the card last night and not 100% sure if those are the best settings for the card and TV. Once I confirm that I will move on to calibrating the picture on the TV.

fyi, I'm using 150% font settings in Windows7 with Large Fonts in StreamedMP config. All the fonts look nice...although there is some work needed for the skin images to look nice and sharp at this resolution. Artwork is generally pretty good but could use some tweaks and may require some updates to the plugins.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use the following settings for a 75" using Nvidia 1050 GTX:

Resolution = 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
    Desktop Colour Depth = 32bit
    Output Colour Depth = 8 bpc
    Output Colour Format = YCbCr420
    Output Dynamic Range = Limited (disabled when using these settings).

Hi ltfearme, i believe you are Australian and on 50Hz/PAL, so why use 60p? I am on PAL/50p too and use 50Hz/50p as base setting because i also watch TV via MediaPortal

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    To be honest I dont know :) I have not setup the TVTuner yet, just been playing downloaded files.

I have actually changed my settings again recently as it was not using the best colour format I believe (my Yamaha soundbar HDMI port was not configured for the best 4K mode). Although for some reason only allows max of 30Hz, not sure whats going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom