4th gen i3, H97 chipset: PITA with graphics/sound (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

I had this combo (details in systems specs) working well but I made a mistake with the installation of W7 and started over again.

Now, whatever driver I use and method of installation (just driver or whole suite), I cannot get decent sound and image anymore.
    Depending on the version of the driver, I get more or less crackling sound and tiny pink spots.
    With VLC the result is the same and when I do a test from the windows sound panel, the playback device (TV) is there and when I do a test I also get the same crackling sound.
    I also have removed the driver for the onboard realtek soundcard to make sure it doesn't interfere in some way.

In the process I had the same HD audio playback device multiple times at a certain point and now that seems to be ok but sometime ago I found a way to clean this up which I cannot find anymore - showing hidden devices in device manager seems not to be it.

With the previous installation, I had the same issues and I think (tried so many things that I'm not sure anymore) I used the driver that I had for my other system (H67 chipset) but now I get a message stating the system does not meet the minimum requirements to install so I'm not sure anymore if this is because of a different igfx or some other problem.

I'm struggling with this for multiple days and lots of hours so any help/idea is very appreciated.
    TIA
    Peter

ps: if this is the wrong subforum, can a mod move it to the right place?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your system is quite common and not unusual.

However, the description above contains no useful information other that you have sound problem and display issues.

As a personal comment: you complained about lack of response elsewhere. What do yo expect if you do not even bother to post logs?

So first thing to do is to download and install the latest Gigabyte audio and graphics drivers for your mainboard, then reproduce the problem and post logs. That way one can see which devices are present and which ones are used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom