A way to launch external programs? (1 Viewer)

Firemogle

Portal Pro
August 14, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there support or a plugin that allows for launching of external programs? I've searched but can't find anything recent on the subject.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is support for launching of external programs in various MediaPortal and TV Server plugins... but usually only in certain scenarios (eg. when specific conditions are met). So, can you supply more details about exactly what you're looking for?

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I recently realized that since I have mepo on windows 8 I can launch the windows 8 app (netflix, espn, etc) and got everything running... except I haven't found an elegant way to launch the apps from mepo. Right now I could get to the start menu then run to the app and launch and so forth, but what I really wanted is a way to launch say ESPN straight from a plugin on the main page.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
    Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom