[Videos] Adding madVR support (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Although this is an old topic, I can confirm, what Madshi said about 25 fps movie content. You can choose whatever video codec and combine with or without Dynamic Refresh Rate in MP settings and this will for sure show heavy judder/stuttering with the internal MP video player. Using ffdshow with MADvr with an external player and you get nice a smooth playback. So for me there is no alternative, than using an external video player in MP. Works with MPC-HC, Zoom Player etc.

This is a problem both in MP version 1.3/1.4/1.5

Which version of Windows etc. are you using ? - I don't have any problems with 25 fps content on a 50 Hz display using MP + EVR.

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay I have a dual monitor setup with Windows 8 and an ATI Radeon HD5670 card (Catalyst version 13.2) with HDMI out to my Panasonic Plasma HDTV TX-P42G30Y via my Denon AVR-1611 (European model). My PC monitor is an EIZO FS2332.

This judder/stuttering issues is on both monitors with 25 fps content.

Both monitors are set in 1080p resolution mode.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Okay I have a dual monitor setup with Windows 8 and an ATI Radeon HD5670 card (Catalyst version 13.2) with HDMI out to my Panasonic Plasma HDTV TX-P42G30Y via my Denon AVR-1611 (European model). My PC monitor is an EIZO FS2332.

This judder/stuttering issues is on both monitors with 25 fps content.

Both monitors are set in 1080p resolution mode.
    hi Harald63
    MP team are not against adding madVR
    but, none dev has the time and inclination to add it.
    if a dev (external) wants to add their support for MediaPortal, it is welcome.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have do a branch about refresh rate change etc. and seems that with win8 and multimonitor it works good (so maybe it's not related to you but here it works ok). :)

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks Sebastiii - That install file did the trick, now the refresh rate actually is changed. Before there was only displayed a box with the changed refreshrate without actually doing it. No more headaches :) , although madVR still is a little better/smoother, when playing 25 fps material. I don't know, what it does, but it is better and I understand, that there will be no support for madVR in MP, as it seems now, but I can easily live with MP now and I have also the option to play movies with an external player, so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom