After Updating to Win 10 Shutdown Function doesen't work. (1 Viewer)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello Everyone

After updating I can not shutdown Windows via my remote (Skin shutdown menu). It seems to me to be related to some Access Issue, but i'm not sure.. I've uploaded my error log.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi zekaja

I have upgraded 6 machines involved with MediaPortal 1.12, 2 TV Servers and 4 clients, from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Professional and have had no problems with MediaPortal though I have had a few unrelated Windows 10 issues.

When you mention Access do you mean Microsoft Access or access rights?

Tony

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Anthony... I do not know what is causing the crash.. What I do know is every time I have to close mediaportal there is a crash... And it seems to me my log says something about the access to mediaportal. Xml....

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Have you tried reinstalling MediaPortal.

I have found that this sometimes fixes configuration issues.

Tony

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No I did not try it.... So you can close, shutdown and restart with no crash?

Everything else works really well I mp with win 10....

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I should have said reinstall without uninstalling. That fixed a problem on one of my machines after upgrading to Windows 10.

The reinstall is quite harmless, in my experience.

Tony

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sad to say the reinstall did not solve my problem

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmmm.

I did have a couple of configuration problems when I upgraded to Windows 10 on one of my machines that was corrected by reinstalling MediaPortal.

I'm using the DefaultWide skin. I'm wondering whether you are using a different skin?

Have you tried using a different skin?

If that is not the issue, then I can only assume that a file MediaPortal updates when it closes has not been given the correct access rights when the Windows 10 upgrade happened. Does the event viewer name the file it says it is having a problem with? If so, then you could try changing its access rights. What is the name of the file?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread