After Updating to Win 10 Shutdown Function doesen't work. (1 Viewer)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I was afraid you were gonna say something like that :) ... But I will do a complete reinstall... How is the best way do a backup, in your opinion... I don't wanna do a reinstall and the load a backup that contains my failures from this version...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would do the following:
    • Export your TV/Radio stations from the TVServer config. (Only required if you plan to competely uninstall your SQL solution too. Probably not necessary)
    • Rename the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal directory into something else
    • Uninstall MediaPortal.
      • You can go as far as to drop the database too.
      • Verify that the directory C:\Program FIles (x86)\Team MediaPortal is gone.
      • If you like do a reboot.
    • Reinstall MediaPortal
      • Reload your TV/Radio stations from the export.xml created in the first step - if you have dropped the database
      • Reinstall your plugins/skins
      • Reconfigure the client - just the basic information, i.e. codecs and video, picture and music directories. Don't launch any update database activity
      • Launch MediaPortal once and close it again
    You can now start to restore data from the renamed MediaPortal directory. Data can either be moved or copied
    • Copy database subfolder to the respctive path C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\databases
    • Do the same for ..\thumbs
    • You can also move the ..\skin\Titanius back.
    • Depending on your plugins you can also copy the config file of WorldWeather (worldweather.xml) and any other plugin such as trakt or tvseries.
    Now launch MediaPortal and you should be OK. Any config glitches should be easy to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx derails (symptoms are: frozen image, or sound only at video playback) Mind you, it's MP client only, no tvservice, and mp shutdown before sleep (and ofcourse start again at wake) Edit: leaving MP running...
    that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx...
    Hello my media portal doesn't start anymore, it was working fine yesterday but impossible to start now. The last time I shutdown...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, you can try the new installer from this post if you like.
    Hi, you can try the new installer from this post if you like.
    Hello, I came from MediaPortal 1.30 and wanted to Update on 1.32 x64 Edition. I cleanly uninstalled 1.30 first and then installed...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom