AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New version released!

Secure Http Live Streams should now be supported, @4apaev this should hopefully fix your issues with the YouTube app.

@KongoOtto the correct audio device should now be used.

Hopefully the remaining screensaver/blank screen issues are now resolved.

Last edited:

4apaev

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks , Brownard, for update :)

Just tried the new version . Unfortunately , there is no video at all , doesnt matter what is a source - tried from app, browser, recorded video .. also when video is started, there is no usually appeared message on the player screen on apple device - "this video played on bla bla_airplay device" - the video continuing to play on apple device , but sound - on MP ...

Interesting - is this only on my system ? (n)

logs attached

P.S. yesterday I updated my IOS to latest one 7.1.1, not sure that this is a reason of problem , just for info ...

tried to downgrade airplayer , installed previuos version with only app playing issue - same problems

seems that apple performed some critical change in 7.1.1 ... damn :(

Update - I noticed that I have very old bonjour version installed 2.0.2 - basically this is a version distributed by apple as dedicated installation , bonjour installed by itunes is 3.0.0.10 ....

But I dont like itunes :), thats why I selected dedicated installation ... Ok, so I just downloaded the latest itunes , unpacked the installer and again installed bonjour.msi separately , but now - latest version ... And its working :).... Sorry for inconvenience, I hope that at least this information will be useful for someone :)

Last edited:

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks for this plugin - i love it ... hopefully the story will continue

I have actual two problems.

1. Streaming Music
    - the Song called on the IPad "Bitte hör nicht auf zu träumen" - MP displays "Bitte h??r nicht auf zu tr??umen"

2. Streaming Videos
    - most of the times i have no volume control when started a video. It simple disapperes :( [ also not seen-able in the control center ]
    - if the volume control is seen-able [ sporadically it does ] i can use it, but the volume does not change in MP

If log files are needed ... please let me know

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @Jelmo I was under the impression that iOS only supported volume control when streaming audio and not video, this is why the volume slider is generally not shown. I know that iTunes does support volume control for airplayed video and the plugin should handle this correctly. I would be interested to see logs to see if the client actually sends any relevant requests or whether it's a bug in iOS and it shouldn't actually be showing the volume slider. Which iOS version are you using?

I will look into the special characters, hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks @Jelmo, your log doesn't show any unusual requests so I suspect that the volume slider shouldn't be being displayed - volume control for airplaying videos just isn't implemented on iOS.

Could you (or @fischy667) try the attached dll and see if it fixes the wrong characters being displayed. Unzip the file and place it in your process plugins folder, by default this is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process".

Thanks.

Attachments

• AirPlayer.zip
      814.1 KB

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Working fine with the special characters. Umlauts and "-" are correct. (y)

Attachments

• 00-12-55.png
      00-12-55.png
      344.5 KB

Andrew Rowlett

October 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin. The only issue I'm having is with streaming from the YouTube app on ipad and iPhone. I receive the error, "unable to play video" in mediaportal. Is this currently a limitation with this YouTube app or am I missing something?

Steaming YouTube from Safari works with no problem.

Btw running iOS 7.1.1 and mediaportal 1.7.

Thanks once again for the plugin. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom