AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I sometimes get this too. I find if I disconnect from wireless and then reconnect it seems to work.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Andrew Rowlett, I need to see logs after setting log level to debug (Configuration -> General -> Log verbosity).

The YouTube app should work on the whole though. Your logs seem a bit strange because the url that is being sent to MediaPortal doesn't look like a YouTube url - it looks like a url pointing to your local network (probably the address of your iPad/iPhone) and it's returning 404 Not Found, I can only think that this is a bug in iOS/YouTube app. Perhaps try blair_haynes' suggestion above.

I do need to update to 7.1.1 though to make sure something fundamental hasn't changed.

Andrew Rowlett

October 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi attached is the log with debug mode on.

I tried a few things nothing seems to work. restarting all devices including MP. Disabled firewalls and tried a reinstalled of airplay and itunes. But still comes up with the same message.

I did just try the Vevo app, this works although albit a problem with stuttering the video.

Cheers
    Andy

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Hello!

What an awesome plugin!

I've been frustrated for ages trying to find reliable plugins for movie trailers, bbc iplayer, 4od etc. Having downloaded all these apps on my ipad and now finding this Airplayer plugin I'm really happy!!!! Awesome!!!

Just a couple of questions though. ...

1) it will load all my ipad videos and plugins apart from netflix. I really want to use netflix with mediaportal (and hopefully this app) buy can't get it working?

2) I've installed the airplayer app on my tv server machine which is in my lounge... All works well. I tried to install it also onto my client PC in my bedroom and my ipad will not let me connect. It doesn't even show the airplay logo. My client PC runs on windows 7 embedded. Not sure whether this is the issue or I'm missing something simple?

Thanks

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    1. I think Netflix (and iPlayer) restricts access to Apple devices only so it's not possible to Airplay their streams to MediaPortal I'm afraid

2. Without logs I can only guess that you don't have bonjour installed (it's included with iTunes or as standalone from link in 1st post). If you have installed it and it's still not working you will need to post your Airplay.log after setting log level to debug

Last edited:

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Iplayer works fine. In fact seems to be the best out of most of the uk on demand services. I read through google that Apple netflix app does support airplay. I've tried messing with a few options but not really had much time to properly have a tweak and play around!

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I read through google that Apple netflix app does support airplay
    It does work to apple devices (i.e. Apple TV) but not to unofficial devices like MediaPortal as far as I know.

iPlayer does indeed now work, that's a recent change as it definitely wasn't a few weeks ago :)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Is there anyway to improve stream quality? iMDB trailers work lovely, so does YouTube, but iplayer seems a bit blocky. I have ticked the option to use HD stream where possible.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've fixed iPlayer stream selection in the next version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom