AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @RobertinoM you'll need to post your Airplay.log and MPUrlSourceFilter.log from a failed playback (ensure you are in debug mode)

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here we go

I found another strange behavior actually just could it test with youtube and ios7

there was an ad before the video and it permanteley looped the first to seconds, after pressing "skip ad" the video worked fine.

Regards and a big Thank You for this awesome plugin. I was waiting for it for years.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @RobertinoM
    Thanks, for some reason YouTube is sending HTTPS streams on iOS 6 which aren't supported by MPUrlSourceSplitter, I'll make the plugin fall back to Microsoft's built in Url source filter in this case which should be able to handle it (but will give worse seeking support).

I have also noticed some odd behaviour when youtube sends ads so need to investigate that further.

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot. Your Plugin is the one we all were waiting a longtime for. As XBMC is supporting it and missing Airplay Support was a kind of showstopper.

4apaev

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Lot of thanks for this awesome plugin :) ..

Little question - someone can advice what is a windows 7 firewall ports should be opened in order to stream media using airplay ? My home config is working only when firewall is down ...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    You will need to open the ports listed in the plugin config, The RTSP and HTTP ports are both TCP. The UDP port is actually a 3 port range, the listed port and the next 2.

4apaev

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Tnx , Brownard , for reply :)

Tried to set the ports , as per your advice - 1 RTSP , 1 HTTP and 3 UDP , but even after that still had problem to stream .. Then I noticed that there is "dont allow" rules set for MediaPortal at all . After enabling - everything working well without specific rules for ports :) .. Have no idea why MP was disallowed ...

Have the same issue as reported by RobertionoM ( youtube streaming problem in IOS7 case ) , hope that correction coming soon :)

Anyway , thanks for support :)

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    @Brownard
    Can you add something like "prevent sleep/turning off screen when streaming" option? Currently I have set my server to automatically turn off screen after 2 min if not in use, which cuts down the streaming if I'm airplaying!

Also noted the youtube ads loop.

thank you for your work on this plug-in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom