All Tuners Busy (1 Viewer)

Peter23

June 26, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Please can someone help with an all tuners busy problem.

I have recently setup a second MP installation on a Dell Optiplex. Everything seemed to be working fine but I am now having as problem with error messages saying all tuners are busy.

If I open TV-Server configurator and try and re-scan it won't as it says all tuners are busy. If I try to preview a channel it will fail with a message AllCardsBusy. If I look under manual control the card states are listed as idle.

I have attached the log files below.

Thanks

Peter

Attachments

• SetupTv-Error.1.zip
    663.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Peter, the log files show that TV Server is constantly trying and failing to record "Cold Feet". Looks like your recording folder/directory is invalid or not available. So you're getting the "all cards busy" message because TV Server is trying to use the tuners to record... but the tuners appear as idle in manual control because the recording is failing.

Peter23

June 26, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mm1352000, thank you for your prompt reply and help in solving this. I had moved my Recordings folder to a NAS which I guess didn't have the response time to support live recording. I have redirected recordings back to the c: drive and all is well.

Thanks once again for your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm1352000, thank you for your prompt reply and help in solving this.
    You're welcome any time. :)

I had moved my Recordings folder to a NAS...
    Right - makes sense.

...which I guess didn't have the response time to support live recording.
    Mmmmm, I'm not so sure about this. The log files show:
    [2016-11-28 21:45:04,198] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

In my opinion that message would be more consistent with a configuration or access/permissions issue. For example, maybe TV Server was unable to access the NAS due to an intermediary firewall, or maybe the Windows system user account that the TV service uses didn't have write and/or read access to the NAS.

Personally I don't recommend recording directly to a NAS... but people are able to do it successfully with TV Server. Therefore I'd say to you: if you want to use a NAS, go ahead and try again. There's no need to give up and write off the possibility just yet. With a bit more persistence and/or assistance it may be possible to get it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom