AMC automatic editor/maintainer app (1 Viewer)

popo99

March 19, 2007
Just uploaded a fresh version...

I have recoded it a bit ... as per my usings, now seems to work better and safer... It is still weird to execute it thru a wireless connection...

This app, automaticaly, adds and updates your Ant movie catalog XML.
It reads files of the folders you choose, adds or updates them if not in the catalog, and does some other things..

Fields automatically filled up:
Original title
Translated title
Lenght
Resolution
Framerate
File Sizes
Audio and Video format and bitrate
Language (manualy)
URL (with file name)

It can check for errors or empty fields in the catalog XML and correct them, if possible.
It can update the URL of the movies you have moved to another directory
You can tell wich folders to look at when 'scanning' for movies...

Im not a good 'explainer'...see for your self...
I created this long time ago, and now, besides the messy code , it works for me pretty well.

The first thing to do when using is to go to the Configuration TAB and fill all fields.

CONFIGURATION TAB:

About the result file, you can always tell to overwrite your catalog, but, you have the choice not to.

Special Load Buttons are the list of folders on wich you want the app to search for movies. It will get all files from that folders.

The "Execute this script.." textbox, I use it because I have networked resources to look at, and I can map those with a cmd script, (like net use...)

The content of the Language value, is what the app will fill into the language field in the XML catalog per default.

Someone that would like to modify it is 'very' welcome, but please, post it back!

The apps text is a mix between catalan and english. I will translate shortly. (I just updated it a bit... now is more international...)

BACKUP YOUR XML FILE.

Attachments

• GetMovieInfo_exe.rar
    30.6 KB

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
popo99,
I like the concept of your app. I'm just having a few problems getting it to run.

The problem might be that I have all my DVd rips stored in folders, with the folder names being that of the movie and the content in a VIDEO_TS folder, ie the same structure as on a DVD. There does not seem to be a way of adding folders only files.

MC

popo99

March 19, 2007
This app will not help you with the DVD folders, but is in VB so you can change the code to match your needs... I will take a look how to do...

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
Great idea, I was looking for something does exactly this! I'm gonna hve to try this when i get home! Thanks for your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom