[Android] aMPdroid 0.7 - Android Remote Control (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    aMPdroid
    Android App for MediaPortal

aMPdroid is a MediaPortal remote control app for Android. With aMPdroid you can remote control your MediaPortal HTPC, browse, download or stream your media collection and access all of MediaPortals TV capabilites.

You can follow the development of aMPdroid on the project page, this forum and on twitter.

See an older version of aMPdroid in action in the following youtube videos:

ampdroid_1.png ampdroid_2.png ampdroid_3.png ampdroid_4.png
    ampdroid_5.png ampdroid_6.png ampdroid_7.png ampdroid_8.png

Contributors
    Beside myself, a few people helped me with aMPdroid or developed parts of the neccessary backends. In no particular order:
    • Mike Lowrey & Co: GmaWebservice, Tv4Home
    • Oxan: Streaming framework for GmaWebservice and Tv4Home
    • Harry Cats a.k.a Thundercats: New design for remote control
    • Shukuyen: WifiRemote and idea sharing between iOS and Android app

Features

• Multiple Clients (with support for client-server setups)
    • Uses state of the art Android controls (Actionbar, Quickactions)
    • Browse/Download/Watch your Videos and Music
    • Control your Tv (schedule recordings, stream to device, ...)
    • Use as Remote Control (with now-playing support)
    • Fullscreen Mode
    • Completely localisable (see spanish translations)
    • Add clients by QR Barcode
    • Much more...

MediaBrowsing

• Videos: Files (MyVideos, Shares View), Videos (MyVideos, DB View), Series (MP-TvSeries) and Movies (Moving Pictures)
    • Music: Files (Shares View), Artists, Albums, Songs
    • Different List Layout: Text, Poster, Thumb, Banner
    • Download actions for media items: Download to mobile, play on pc, play on mobile

media1.png media2.png media3.png media4.png
    media7.png media8.png media5.png media6.png

Remote Control

• Remote control keys (with key-down/key-up to support smooth scrolling)
    • Quick-Access bar on bottom (with auto-hide when not connected)
    • Sliding Drawer with nowplaying info
    • Use soft-keyboard to input text on htpc
    • Directly select und jump to plugins
    • Powermodes (Suspend, Hibernate, etc.)

remote1.png remote2.png remote3.png remote8.png
    remote6.png remote4.png remote5.png remote7.png

Tv Server
    • Manual control (start/stop timeshifts, stream channel to device)
    • EPG (Record program, Cancel recording
    • Show Groups/Channels/Channel Details
    • Schedules
    • Recordings

tvserver-1.png tvserver-2.png tvserver-3.png tvserver-4.png
    tvserver-5.png tvserver-6.png tvserver-7.png tvserver-8.png

Translations
    The app is fully localisable and uses myGengo to manage translations. The site offers a nice and easy-to-use webinterface for translators to manage their translations without any need for additional software.

I would much appreciate your help with further translations as it is an important aspect for many users to have apps in their native langue. Just go to aMPdroid | String. | myGengo and "request access" to the project (post the language you would like to translate and your forum username in the comments). Also if native english speakers find anything wrong with the english original, please let me know.

Languages already translated:
    • English (Default)
    • German (DieBagger)
    • Spanish (Aitor)
    • French (Jeff.lu)
    • Polish (MacGyverek)
    • Dutch (Thundercats)
    • Danish (PsyCrow)
    • Norwegian (esas)

Troubleshooting
    If you run into problems with aMPdroid, please read the troubleshooting section before posting to this thread -> Troubleshooting - MediaPortal Wiki.

Feature Request
    Even if I don't reply and discuss all feature request I read through all posts and will then decide what I want to add next. The forum is a really messy place for feature requests so I created a project for aMPdroid on the feature voting system UserEcho.

If you want a new feature, post a new "Idea" to this site. If you like an existing idea, vote it up. Ideas with many votes might (read: MIGHT) get implemented sooner. Try to post ideas seperately (not post ten ideas in one request) and check if the same idea has been already posted before.

Downloads

ChangeLog
    [collapse]
    Version 0.7 (2011-05-29)
    Better handling of client configuration (simple and advanced)
    Add fast-scrolling and first-letter poput to listviews
    Add new languages: French, Danish, German, Dutch
    Fixed live streaming of tv with vPlayer
    Default views for all lists
    Configurable number of preloaded items
    Changed to new GmaWebservice (supports proper sorting)

Version 0.6
    First preview release
    [/collapse]

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    How to install aMPdroid 0.6 and backend services

Backend Services
    You need to install the following services on your htpc(s) to use WifiRemote
    • WifiRemote (MediaPortal plugin) -> on the MediaPortal Client
    • GmaService (Service) -> on the MediaPortal Client
    • Tv4Home (Service) -> on the MediaPortal Tv Server

Install Tv4Home
    You only need to install Tv4Home if you are using the MediaPortal Tv Server. The Tv Server can be on a different PC then the Client (Client-Server setup). Download the CoreServices from TV4Home - The all-in-one TV solution! - Download: 0.1.0.0 Preview and run the installer.

Install GmaWebservice
    Default port: 44321
    Default user: admin
    Default password: admin

The service GmaWebservice is used to access the media collection on your htpc. Download from General Media Access WebService - Download: 0.2.0 Beta and run the installer. You also have to install the full version of .NET 4.0 Runtime. After the installer completes, you can edit the config.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\GmaWebService.

By default it will look like this:

<appconfig>
    <config>
    <username>admin</username>
    <password>admin</password>
    <mpconfig>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml</mpconfig>
    </config>
    <mpdatabases>
    <database name="movies" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\VideoDatabaseV5.db3" />
    <database name="music" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\MusicDatabaseV12.db3" />
    <database name="pictures" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\PictureDatabase.db3" />
    <database name="tvseries" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" />
    <database name="movingpictures" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3" />
    <database name="shares" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\FolderDatabase3.db3" />
    <database name="videos" filename="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\VideoDatabaseV5.db3" />
    </mpdatabases>
    <thumbpaths>
    <thumb name="tv" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos" virtualpath="/banners/tv/"/>
    <thumb name="radio" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\radio\logos" virtualpath="/banners/radio/"/>
    <thumb name="pictures" path="c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Pictures" virtualpath="/banners/pictures"/>
    <thumb name="movingpictures" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures" virtualpath="/banners/movingpictures/"/>
    <thumb name="tvseries" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners" virtualpath="/banners/tvseries/"/>
    <thumb name="fanart" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fan Art" virtualpath="/banners/fanart/"/>
    <thumb name="videos" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos" virtualpath="/banners/videos/"/>
    <thumb name="music" path="C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music" virtualpath="/banners/music/"/>
    <thumb name="thumbnails" path="C:\Program Files (x86)\iPiMP\Aspx\WebServiceThumbs" virtualpath="/WebServiceThumbs/"/>
    </thumbpaths>
    </appconfig>

If the paths do not match your system, you have to edit this config file accordingly.

If all went well, you can test if the service is working by opening the url:

http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetSupportedFunctions

on the machine, which should return something like:

{"MoviesFunction":{"Description":"MovingPicture Movies","Id":0,"ImagePath":"\/Thumbs\/Movies.png","Name":"Movies"},"MusicFunction":{"Description":"Listen to your music","Id":0,"ImagePath":"\/Thumbs\/Music.png","Name":"Music"},"PicturesFunction":{"Description":"Watch your pictures","Id":0,"ImagePath":"\/Thumbs\/Pictures.png","Name":"Pictures"},"SupportsMovies":true,"SupportsMusic":true,"SupportsPictures":true,"SupportsTV":false,"SupportsTvSeries":true,"SupportsVideos":true,"TVFunction":null,"TvSeriesFunction":{"Description":"MP-TvSeries TV Shows","Id":0,"ImagePath":"\/Thumbs\/TVSeries.png","Name":"TV Series"},"VideosFunction":{"Description":"MediaPortal Videos","Id":0,"ImagePath":"\/Thumbs\/Videos.png","Name":"Videos"}}

More urls to test GmaWebservice:
    Series: http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllSeries?sort=0&order=0
    Movies:http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllMovies?sort=0&order=0
    Videos: http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllVideos?sort=0&order=0
    Music Albums: http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllAlbums?sort=0&order=0
    Music Artists: http://localhost:44321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllArtists?sort=0&order=0

Install WifiRemote
    The plugin WifiRemote is for remote controlling a running MediaPortal client. Download the mpei file for WifiRemote from the forum thread and install it.

You can test the plugin with the DemoClient.

Android App
    Download the apk file to your pc and copy it to your device or use a QR reader and scan the barcode at aMPdroid-0.7.apk - a-mp-droid - aMPdroid 0.7 APK file - aMPdroid remote controls your MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting .

After you installed the app, you should see the start screen. Access the settings menu (press menu -> settings) and enter the clients screen. Add a new client manually (Menu -> Add host) or by scanning the QR barcode (Menu -> QR Scan). You can find the QR code in the WifiRemote settings (MediaPortal config -> plugins -> WifiRemote -> QR). If you have a singleseat setup (Client and TvServer on the same pc) you can use the simple mode. For client-server setups you will have to switch to advanced mode.

The default password is admin/admin, so if you haven't changed anything in the service configurations, enter these values in the Username/Password section.

Aduck

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.6 - Android Remote Control

Hello DieBagger,
    This is really cool.
    Just took it for a ride. Looks very promising :)

I got a "No connection to Service" when choosing TV. Maybe it's because I use 4theRecord as a replacement for the ordinary TV-plugin.
    Can you confirm that, or should I investigate some more myself?

A suggestion: In the videos section, could it be possible to use the filters that Moving Pictures provides?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Anders

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

i use MP1.2.0 alpha and i have no connection in TV section too. How can I check TV4Home??

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

TV4home uses Port 4321, I had to manually open it in the firewall.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Great!
    Anyway I can help with translations? (Norwegian).

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Thx...its working....But i have problem with my Remote controler...Arrows, OK not working...Only working plugins and showing menu name... I use 1.2.0 alpha...

heathsanders

May 15, 2011
    Home Country

I've followed the instructions and keep getting a "Remote Connection couldn't be established" message. Anything particular I might be missing? Also with the wifiremote settings I don't see a "QR" place.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I got a "No connection to Service" when choosing TV. Maybe it's because I use 4theRecord as a replacement for the ordinary TV-plugin.
    Can you confirm that, or should I investigate some more myself?
    It should work as long as you use the MediaPortal Tv Server (not the 4tr tv server)

Thx...its working....But i have problem with my Remote controler...Arrows, OK not working...Only working plugins and showing menu name... I use 1.2.0 alpha...

See this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...0-1-2011-05-05-a-96251/index3.html#post746462

I've followed the instructions and keep getting a "Remote Connection couldn't be established" message. Anything particular I might be missing? Also with the wifiremote settings I don't see a "QR" place.

You should have a tab "QR Code" in the WifiRemote settings or you haven't installed the correct version...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom