Anyone here using Adesso Vista Remote? (2 Viewers)

musa

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here uses this Adesso Vista Remote.

Adesso --> Home

This remote is Vista certified to work with Vista MCE and even has a 16 directional button for controlling the mouse which is pretty neat.

This remote works out of the box without any drivers necessary and is listed as a HID compliant device in device manager.

And it really works with Vista MCE, all buttons work which led me to believe that it's a variant of the MCE remote.

So far so good.

Until I used it with MP.
Setting it as a MCE remote renders most of its buttons useless, only the directional buttons and OK button works.
Setting it as a HID device allows most of the buttons to work, except that the fast forward and rewind buttons and a few others like the DVD menu button do not work at all.

I tried to remap the buttons, but I have no idea how to and whatever I click in the mapping settings doesn't seem to change anything. I tried using Eventghost, but it couldn't recognize the remote. I also tried HIP which would not recognize it as well. Of course, the MCE replacement plugin is a no go as well since it could not detect the device.

Basic navigation is still achievable, but it irks me that I can't use some of the hotkeys like the DVD menu button and not being able to fast forward while watching my videos.

So I'm wondering if anyone else is using this remote as well and managed to remap it or get it fully working.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If this is a HID remote I would love to get it working with my software Intelliremote. I just need the HID Vendor ID and Product ID which can be found by using our USB Tester software.

http://melloware.com/download/warez/usbtester.zip

Give it a try and press some buttons on your remote and see if you get output. If you do then I can add support in Intelliremote.

You can send me an email with the results if posting here is not appropriate.

Thanks,

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country

musa

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Oh cool! Thanks I'll look through it.

Alright, I tried testing the remote Intelliremote and it works. Partially.

Unfortunately the program still can't recognize some of the IR signals of certain button presses. Like fast forward and dvd menu.
Anyway for the program to recognize those signals?

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
Oh cool! Thanks I'll look through it.

Alright, I tried testing the remote Intelliremote and it works. Partially.

Unfortunately the program still can't recognize some of the IR signals of certain button presses. Like fast forward and dvd menu.
Anyway for the program to recognize those signals?

When you ran the USB Tester application. Did the Fast Forward and DVD button produce MCE Signals in the bottom window? If they did not then you will not be able to map those buttons in Intelliremote and its probably why they don't work in MediaPortal. We need to see an MCE or HID signal for us to catch and then react to.

Also I found more about your remote. The firmware is being used in a lot of remotes and is made by this Taiwanese company called Ortek http://www.ortek.com/

musa

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
No, those buttons did not produce any MCE signals in the bottom window. Is there anyway to detect them? Those buttons do work in Vista MCE.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
My guess is the driver is sending the special keyboard combination to work in Vista MCE or has been custom tuned for Vista MCE to receive those signals. Since no HID Signal is received by my tester the most likely guess is that it is sending let's say CTRL+D in MCE to bring up the DVD menu but when in MediaPortal CTRL+D does not activate the task you want. It is a really poor design feature of these types of knock off remotes which is why most users prefer the Microsoft Certified remotes. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom