[APP] Music Video Downloader (2 Viewers)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, finally I have tried mvd (only small batch downloads though)! I can't really get the "Last.fm similar" to work, I only get videos from the top artists. I'm using music-video-downloader-v10c-fix-for-bulkdl.rar from the first post.

Last.fm user: ministerkrister

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i can display all the russian text fine on my pc. so not sure how to fix.
    tempo.png

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I see squares instead of questions
    question marks usually mean that unicode was converted to ansi with wrong codepage.
    suqres mostly means that unicode is present but there are some displaying problems (e.g. font that doesn't have russian codepage glyphs)
    @Edalex
    pls post a screenshot with squares

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    its the default font. will have to investigate what it is called but would be surprised if not available on all pcs.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ahhh special case. those basic dialog boxes use a special inbuilt function rather than custom gui, so i can't easily change that font unless i wrote my own extra GUI functions (which is possible), or could just include the font (probably easier)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    would be surprised if not available on all pcs
    take in account that Edalex uses Windows XP, so if you use not system default font (MS ShellDlg) then there can be some problems on some systems...

The default font is MS Shell DLG 8 on my PC as well

@ajs - Run attached defaultfont.exe it will tell me the default system font used by my program for your PC.

Attachments

• defaultfont.rar
      328.3 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, finally I have tried mvd (only small batch downloads though)! I can't really get the "Last.fm similar" to work, I only get videos from the top artists. I'm using music-video-downloader-v10c-fix-for-bulkdl.rar from the first post. Last.fm user: ministerkrister

Similar artists can be really slow to load, just give it some time. Turn on tooltips before you do it. For example if you go with default 100+20 expect it to take 10 minutes+ to build the list as it has to make 100 API calls in a row to last.fm then for every top artist + similar artist it has to make a call to audiodb.com, eg. up to 100x20 = 2000 api calls (realistically it is never that many, but it can be a lot) So basically think of it having to download 2100 small web pages to make the music video list. This is why I include lots of cache files in the cache folder so it is faster... I will add your collection to the cache file list. Running your user name ministerkrister with 100+20 in similar artists gives ~100 music videos from theaudiodb.com and if you enable pitchfork the number is around 3-400ish (guesstimate)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom