auto capture all TV content one channel (1 Viewer)

itkroplis

Portal Member
May 21, 2010
Home Country
Hi!
It is possible, auto capture all TV content (as transmission) one channel. 24x7 mode?

itkroplis

Portal Member
May 21, 2010
Home Country
I can create sheduled, tv broadcasts. And it works fine if I know the name of the transmission. I want captured one TV channel broadcast all while keeping them as separate files. Easy to find, which want to watch. From MP.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I understand you correctly that you want to continuously record one channel 24/7 and split the recordings according to EPG to automatically create a separate file for each show as per EPG?

No, not to my knowledge.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    not sure if I fully understand the request, but 1 way to get close to what I think you want is using Advanced Record option 5 "Record every day at this time" and create multiple recordings with start times and length. See wiki for details
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rtal/3_TV/3_Record_TV/1_Scheduling_Recordings

From TV Home, Scheduled > Menu > New > Advanced Record, then follow setup steps for
    Select Channel (your channel) > "Record every day at this time" > Date > Set Start Time > Duration.

For example do 12PM 4 hours, repeat this 5 more times 4PM, 8PM, 12AM, 4AM, 8AM etc. You can use Episode Management to limit the number of recordings for each 4 hour block so you don't fill your recordings drive. If do this, the "Name" of each recording is the start time Program Name from your TV Guide. Not sure if there is a way to force/override recording name.

mschab

June 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe the TVAnytime plugin is similar to what you need. It's not 24x7 but it records every movie of a specific channel.

itkroplis

Portal Member
    May 21, 2010
    Home Country
    "Do I understand you correctly that you want to continuously record one channel 24/7 and split the recordings according to EPG to automatically create a separate file for each show as per EPG?"

Yes. understand correctly

Users who are viewing this thread