Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971: Not clear what the reason for the 3D problem is, maybe my code changes. Will take a few days. concerning the turn off code, the socket seems to block when the TV is off. I will check if I can catch this.

@kiwijunglist : Thank you for the link, I will check if I find Information about the protocols.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    great. I can also give you teamviewer access to my htpc if needed for testing (if that helps you). The htpc is always on (at the moment) bc I use it for torrents.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971 : I'm confused. First I thought I have found something, but now the problem disappeard. Are you using your own ruleset for ViewModeSwitcher or the one that comes with MediaPortal?​

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, my fault. I was testing with a Full HD SBS movie, where the black bar detection didn't get active. I quickly ripped a blu ray into a short sequence with black bars for testing.

An now I can really (I mean really! ;)) reproduce it. Has - as you said - to do with the black bar detection. ViewModeSwitch seems calculate the black bars wrong. Maybe the is some interference between my TAB mode correction and ViewModeSwitcher. But this will need some time to check, because I have to understand what ViewModeSwitcher is doing...

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    my understanding:

the problem would be with viewmode switcher not your plugin. viewmode switch can't handle 3d movies, it will zoom (crop) only the edges, and it wont crop out the center black bar. you need to either turn it off, or the black bar detection in viewmode switcher needs to check for a black bar in the middle of the picture and adjust accordingly.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    my understanding:

the problem would be with viewmode switcher not your plugin. viewmode switch can't handle 3d movies, it will zoom (crop) only the edges, and it wont crop out the center black bar. you need to either turn it off, or the black bar detection in viewmode switcher needs to check for a black bar in the middle of the picture and adjust accordingly.

Not correct, for SBS movies black bar scanning works brilliantly.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Viewmode switcher will work with SBS and OU if (a) it doesn't do anything or (b) it stretches only (ie it doesn't crop/zoom). If it crops/zooms it will mess the picture up. for example with a horziontal zoom, it will crop the left side of the picture from the 'left eye', but in the 'right eye' it will crop the right side of the picture, this leads to a different crop in each of the two images which makes the overlay incorrect.

If it 'works' for a particular side by side movie then it's only stretching the image (or it's just expanding to fit the edges). Try toogle zoom mode within mepo (not with tv), while you are watching a 3d SBS/OU movie, you will see the difference.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Viewmode switcher will work with SBS and OU if (a) it doesn't do anything or (b) it stretches only (ie it doesn't crop/zoom). If it crops/zooms it will mess the picture up. for example with a horziontal zoom, it will crop the left side of the picture from the 'left eye', but in the 'right eye' it will crop the right side of the picture, this leads to a different crop in each of the two images which makes the overlay incorrect.

Not correct, please check yourself. If the SBS movie is 21:9 within 16:9 image, with black bars it zooms briliantly to 16:9 full screen.
    Choosing zoom mode itself does nothing, it's the black bar scanning that makes the zoom to fullscreen possible.
    Make sure you have Auto3D installed and viewmodeswitcher with below settings (cut .txt off filename)

Attachments

• MySettings.VmsSettings.txt
      6.7 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh yes I see, that's would work fine. Because it would be changing both images equally. The actual change in the image is technically a stretch..... If you zoomed, you would be losing asymetric parts of each stereoscopic image.

Come to think of it a SBS can be stretched vertically and an OU can be stretched horizontally. However you'd only stretch an OU horizontally if it was 4:3, which you will never see in 3d ou format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom