Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The issue is because of this : (MediaPortal.Hardware.RemoteEventArgs)
    Code:
        private void OnRemoteClick(object sender, MediaPortal.Hardware.RemoteEventArgs e)
        {
          if (e.Button.ToString().ToUpper() == mceRemoteKey)
          {
            if (_dlgMenu == null)
              ManualSelectThread();
            else
            {
              _dlgMenu.PageDestroy();
            }
          }
        }

Code:
        private void OnRemoteClick(object sender, MediaPortal.Hardware.RemoteEventArgs e)
        {
          textBoxMenuHotkey.Text = "MCE " + e.Button.ToString();
        }

No clue what need to be replaced but @Stéphane Lenclud should surely knows :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was using the public RemoteEvents in Auto3D and didn't notice that they where removed. (Do define a key on the remote that show the Auto3D menu etc).

Looks like the OnHidEvent in HidHandler.cs is what I need, but the member is private...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was using the public RemoteEvents in Auto3D and didn't notice that they where removed. (Do define a key on the remote that show the Auto3D menu etc).

Looks like the OnHidEvent in HidHandler.cs is what I need, but the member is private...

I'm thinking this issue is only on master rather than in any official MP release.
    Official MP 1.12 should not have that problem unless I'm missing something.
    Here are the breaking changes: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/commit/c373029546da54cb13c7f78cc3f871ad6b6ad18c
    If you want to handle remote input from your plug-in you should use SharpLibHid much like MP does.
    Out of curiosity can I ask why you need to handle remote input? I'm afraid I still have to try out that brilliant plug-in myself.

I believe this functionality was previously exposed for for MPTray to use.
    I also believe your solution would only have worked with the small subset of hardware that supported our MCE remote implementation. Using SharpLibHid should make sure it works with any HID compliant devices.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the hint concerning SharpHidLib. I need to handle remote input, because the user can define a hotkey on the remote to show the Auto3D dialog within MediaPortal. I will change my code.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the hint concerning SharpHidLib. I need to handle remote input, because the user can define a hotkey on the remote to show the Auto3D dialog within MediaPortal. I will change my code.
    Checkout the code of SharpLibHid it comes with a demo application. You should be able to just copy and paste the setup and event registration code from there.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In 2 weeks there will be a new version with a lot of new features. So stay tuned. :)

After that i will test it again, for now it will not work anymore. The TV is in the list and in the config it works, but not inside mp. So i will wait for the next version test again and send logs if it dosen't work

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @D3ltoroxp: Looks like you are using the "Easter-Egg-Version" Auto3D (with 2D to 3D conversion), but the Core.dll you are using doesn't support that (it needs the patched 1.11 Core.dll that came with that specific Auto3D release). Best thing is to wait until I provide a version compatible with 1.12 next week. :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No 2d to 3dd conversion. Real 3d SBS movies wont work. But maybe i have forgott to use the modified core.dll Hm think this was it. After updates from mepo auto3d dont work anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom