Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I decided to bring out an initial version for 1.13 as tests on my TV went well at least for the major functions. :)

The major feature of this relese is support for the Philips jointSPACE v5 protocol which is used by all Philips TVs since 2013.

It was completely developed by user @yartat who did a brilliant refactoring of my Philips code.
    He also improved the method to match 3D format from filename. And @yartat is already working on another improvement.
    At this point big "Thank you" from me. (y)

From me is just a bugfix for a problem that caused some HID devices not to work properly, as some keys where dead as soon as the Auto3D plugin was active (and some minor fixes).

See first post for download...

@Stéphane Lenclud : Sorry I was not able to test you version yet, as the HTPC was blocked by the family. ;)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the fast response. Will test it tomorrow. Going offline now. [emoji99]
    The Dolphin Bar is really cool and my kids enjoy it playing WII via MediaPortal with the orignal WII remotes, but at the moment everthing stopped working. :(
    Did you get a chance to test that build?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I decided to bring out an initial version for 1.13 as tests on my TV went well at least for the major functions. :)

The major feature of this relese is support for the Philips jointSPACE v5 protocol which is used by all Philips TVs since 2013.

It was completely developed by user @yartat who did a brilliant refactoring of my Philips code.
    He also improved the method to match 3D format from filename. And @yartat is already working on another improvement.
    At this point big "Thank you" from me. (y)

From me is just a bugfix for a problem that caused some HID devices not to work properly, as some keys where dead as soon as the Auto3D plugin was active (and some minor fixes).

See first post for download...

@Stéphane Lenclud : Sorry I was not able to test you version yet, as the HTPC was blocked by the family. ;)

Fantastic team work guys! The one show stopper for me was the remote bug and that's now fixed.
    Here is some feedback:
    3D auto detection based on format never works for me for some reason. I only have SBS both TS and MKV.
    2D auto detection works.
    Enabling both TV channel name and format detection together breaks when switching back to 2D has they appear to both kick in and try to run the macro at the same time which obviously never gets the TV where it needs to be.
    Would it be possible to have a detection based on video track name too?
    I've got MKVs with 2D and 3D video tracks.
    Would it be possible to disable 3D subtitle rendering if a subtitle track name contains 3D?
    Would it be possible to somehow adjust subtitle offset from within MP as you watch a movie?
    Switch back to 2D when closing MP is not quite working but I think I mentioned that earlier.
    Using the name of the HID command instead of the number would be a plus.
    Was the source code updated on GitHub?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Enabling both TV channel name and format detection together breaks when switching back to 2D has they appear to both kick in and try to run the macro at the same time which obviously never gets the TV where it needs to be.
    Ok, that's not my problem but the switch back to 2D is not working. It looks like it is running the 3SBS macro when it switches back to 2D.

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    3D auto detection based on format never works for me for some reason. I only have SBS both TS and MKV.
    The most of .ts and .mkv files from trackers contain simple patterns to detect 3D format.
    I just set "3DSBS", "3D SBS", "3D HSBS", "HSBS" to --> Switch to SBS. And "3DTAB", "3D TAB", "HALF OU", "HALF-OU", "HALFOU" to --> Switch to TAB in the configuration. See 3D detection tab.
    Would it be possible to have a detection based on video track name too?
    Do you mean analyze Dualview key in matroska header or something else?

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I mad a little changes in my fork of Mediaportal and got acceptable result. You can see it at screenshot
    Mediaportal_PopupMenu.jpg

Playing Youtube clip
    There didn't use HID to activate 3D format submenu and provide other active plugin to register commands (items "Like" and "Mark as viewed" were added by OnlineVideos plugin).

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The most of .ts and .mkv files from trackers contain simple patterns to detect 3D format.

What's trackers? I produce my own mkvs with 2D and 3D video tracks. I name the video tracks 2D and 3D. Ideally it should be possible to parse the name of the current video track when it changes and decided to switch to our out of 3D mode.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I switch back to a 2D TV channel from a 3D TV channel the switch back to 2D mode is not working for some reason. It seems it is sending some commands to my TV but clearly not the ones from the proper macro. If I manually switch back to 2D from the menu it works.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I switch back to a 2D TV channel from a 3D TV channel the switch back to 2D mode is not working for some reason. It seems it is sending some commands to my TV but clearly not the ones from the proper macro. If I manually switch back to 2D from the menu it works.

I wonder if it tries to run the 2D switch macro and then runs the back to 3D macro running both of them together somehow.
    Just saying that because sometimes I see two dialog coming up one after the other. The 2D dialog comes first then for some reason the 3D dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom