Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would really love to test. But currently i´m out of Time. Hopefully in a Month or so it will be better.... But, many Thanks for the Plugin and your Work!
    I'm not really asking for some extra testing on newest version, though that's always nice. I'm looking for feedback from your experience, assuming some people are using it :)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would really love to test. But currently i´m out of Time. Hopefully in a Month or so it will be better.... But, many Thanks for the Plugin and your Work!
    I'm not really asking for some extra testing on newest version, though that's always nice. I'm looking for feedback from your experience, assuming some people are using it :)

I was using it in the past. But because of the "Version-Dependency" (Your Version is often a little behind the MP releases) i had to disable it. (Also currently we don´t see much Movies in 3D, So, we switch the mode by ourself.)
    For me this is getting interesting again when my 4K HTPC is ready. But this will happen in 2017 i believe. (Using our LG 4K TV should be very nice with 4K HTPC and the correct 3D. The higher Resolution in 3D on LG TVs is a great improvement for 3D.)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    (Using our LG 4K TV should be very nice with 4K HTPC and the correct 3D. The higher Resolution in 3D on LG TVs is a great improvement for 3D.)
    Indeed, 3D really shines on a 4K TV since you can do frame compatible FHD-3D-SBS (Full HD 3D Side By Side).
    Personally I backup my 3D Blu-rays using DVDFab in FHD3DSBS and that's pure entertainment to watch. I used to convert them to Half HD until I upgraded to 4K.
    What kind of 3D format and ripper are you guys using?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a note to myself to get started with this.

In MediaPortal look for:
    Code:
    GUIGraphicsContext.IsFullHD3DFormat
    GUIGraphicsContext.Render3DMode

In Auto3D look for:
    Code:
    SwitchFormat

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a new version that should have sorted some of the most basic issues I was having.
    Now automatic switch back and forth between 3D and 2D should be working hopefully.

It seems like the option to "Prevent switching back to 2D at the end of movie" is messed up and prevents switching back to 2D altogether.

Switching from one 3D movie to another will mess things up.

Attachments

• Auto3D-1-15-3-0.mpe1
      1.6 MB
    Last edited:

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Great! I'm steel debugging new player engine (full refactoring all IPlayer implementations) and can't help test new features. Sorry.
    I have documentation about Yamaha API (for Yamaha A/V receivers) and SVP API. I'm planning refactoring to implement engine with observable plugins (can enable more than one plugin to activate 3D)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please excuse me if this has been asked before (I couldn't find references though).
    Are there any plans to support Anaglyph conversion (similarly to how MP3D used to work)?

No such a plan from my part. Sounds interesting though. What's that MP3D thing? Another plugin?

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Great! I'm steel debugging new player engine (full refactoring all IPlayer implementations)
    In MP1?
    Yes. I rebuilt class structure: extract renders as separate parts (this can help to add new renders like madvr or others without changes in the player), extracted from player 2 builders to create Directshow graph (manual and automatic), rebuilt inheritance to reuse same code in the DVD, Bluray and network players, extract player codec settings for different player types and created engine that build graph by user settings like Smart Play in the ZoomPlayer. Now I'm creating settings block (simple and advanced settings) for different types of players in the Configuration app and testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom