Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
February 24, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No, it continues as a proper 2D picture when Auto3D is disabled/off. I don't know which image it is using, but it is proper 2D.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't see something like this on the screen, but just a single picture?

184949_FullSBS2.jpg

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
    February 24, 2013
    Home Country
    No. I'm assuming you're referring to the TV when it thinks it is in 3D. Not that clear at all. That's why I'm calling it "interleaved." It does look like that your example when I have taken it out of 3D manually and THEN stop the movie. MP goes back to the move file display, still in 3D for a few more seconds. During that brief time the TV does display two full screens, side by side as you just showed. I agree; that is strange behavior. Because if I never manually start the TV in 3D and just leave it alone, it then displays one of the 2 images, as I mentioned before. You would never know it is a 3D movie. The TV is in 2D and MP is in 3D. So logically, I would have thought the same thing would apply in the scenario I just wrote, where I put the TV back in 2D while MP is still in 3D, but before MP returns to 2D on its own, the TV does show two full screen images.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the 3D settings your TV has a feature called [Auto 3D]. Perhaps you should try to set this to [Auto 2] and turn off device support in the Auto3D plugin in MediaPortal..

So first go into the Auto3D plugin configuration and select "No device" from the list. Afterwards go to the Setup of your TV and select [Auto 2] mode in the 3D settings. Then the TV should permanently analyse the image for 3D content and switch to the correct mode without the need to be switch by my plugin. My plugin would then just switch the MediaPortal GUI into 3D mode.

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
    February 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks, tried it, no go. Same as before. I also upgraded MKV - was only to .2 from .1, redid Avator today, just to be sure. Oh well!

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Norman E. Spaulding : A really complicated case. Do you have access to another 3D TV (friends, neighbours) where you could attach your MediaPortal PC and start a 3D movie and then switch the TV manually into 3D? I still have no idea what's going wrong. If it works with another TV we know at least that the basic output of MediaPortal is OK.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a new version for MediaProtal 1.7pre.

Auto3D_1.7_pre.zip

Changes:

- Modified GUI
    - Preliminary support for Full-HD SBS and Full-HD TAB movies (not 100% working)
    - Show a message on 3D mode switch (can be turned off in settings)

As some of my changes are not yet contained in the Core.dll / MediaPortal.exe these files still have to be replaced with the ones in my ZIP.
    Please backup the original files!

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I have MP 1.7 pre installed and tried Auto3D for that version. I change core.dll and mediaportal.exe.

I get the following error:

Code:
    System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_Render3DDistance(Int32)".
      bei MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.Auto3D.Auto3D.form_PreviewKeyDown(Object sender, PreviewKeyDownEventArgs e)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPreviewKeyDown(PreviewKeyDownEventArgs e)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
      bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

Bild 001.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom