Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (5 Viewers)

gwares

Portal Pro
December 15, 2007
Nantes
Home Country
France France
Hi i'dlike to use this plugin with a optoma hd 300x videoprojector.do i have to do something special to make it works?and wich files do i have to download ? Thanks

Last edited:

NicCo

Portal Member
February 24, 2014
Home Country
France France
Hi,
I've seen your plugin partially support Full SBS or Full TAB. How do you manage output video ? Do you resize from 3840x1080 to 1920x1080 and output this or do you alternate between left and right frame and output Full HD video ?
Thanks !

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @gwares : The manual available online describes how to control the beamer over RS232. I will try to add support for that. I will notify you here if I have something to test.

@NicCo : Currently I resize to 1920x1080, for everything else there is currently no support in MediaPortal.

gwares

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2007
    Nantes
    Home Country
    France France
    I try to install your plugin today. I ve got a problem when i turn it on the tv on sbs mode, the right image is very stretch as you ca see and when
    i turn it on my optoma on sbs mode i ve got to many parralax. How can i fix it? It seems to be a very powerfull plug in and i hope that i ll be able to appreciate your works. Thanx

20140227_111830.jpg

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @gwares ,

please post your logfiles. Then I can try to see what's going wrong.

Simultaneously we can try to get your beamer working. The manual for the Optoma beamer I got from their website contains a description how to control the beamer over RS232. If you want Auto3D to switch your beamer then you must have a serial connection from the PC to the beamer. If you PC has no serial port, you should get an USB to RS232 adapter.

With the protocol described in the manual I added some initial support for your beamer. The attached plugin works with MediaPortal 1.6.
    Install the plugin and go then into the plugin configuration of the Auto3D plugin.

Then select the "Optoma Beamer" in the list and choose the serial port where the beamer is connected in the combo box. Then select config to go into the Sequence Manager. There you should select the checkmark "Send command on add to list". If you now add a command to the list, it is also sent to the beamer.

Try to send some commands to the beamer, e.g. "Menu", "Up", "OK" and check if the beamer reacts to them.
    The goal of this first version is just to test if the connection to the beamer works and if the beamer does something.

Attachments

• Auto3D.mpe1
      2.8 MB

gwares

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2007
    Nantes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi marcus

Sorry but my childrens wants to see only cartoons!!! I ll try to sent a logfile soon. Do i have to use a beamer? Because i use a projector and its notclose to the pc so i cant use it. I would like to convert 2d in 3d by sbs but i have this problem that you'seen. Sorry for english;)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Marcus,

I'm having problem of frame drops every few seconds, and I believe it's related to the "Video analysis for Top and Bottom (TAB)'
    Once disabled, problem no longer happens.
    Since I did not have this problem before, and the same video works fine when in debug mode (no plugins), I figured it had to do with a process plugin. Since this is the only process plugin I've recently added, I disable the only feature that seems to have the potential of messing with performance...

Thanks,
    Yoav

Here's a screenshot:
    Screenshot 2014-01-28 17.39.18.png

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @gwares: You are using ViewModeSwitcher. Can you repeat the test with the ViewModeSwitcher plugin turned off. I currently have compatibility problems with ViewModeSwitcher. I'm working on a solution, but it will take some time. Please tell me if it works without ViewModeSwitcher or not.

@yoavain: Thank you for you hint, I will check this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom