Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

mukow

Portal Member
January 16, 2006
@mukow : Yes that might be possible, but as @wouter1971 already wrote: Can your TV use a USB to WIFI solution?
What is the exact model of your TV?

No unfortunately TV doesn't support the USB WiFi Option. TV is LG 47LW4500.
Doing some testing with the EventGhost plugin I was able to get the 3D to turn on and off.
I referred to the following document from LG, has all the serial codes in the back of the manual. http://www.lg.com/ae/support-product/lg-47LW4500#

purp88

Portal Member
July 24, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, I have problem with my Philips 42PFL6008S and auto3D. When i use DirectFD the plugin works but only if the TV is on when mediaportal i started. I cant make jointspace work at all which is strange because the remote app is using it and works.. Any thoughts?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mukow: I will check that.

@purp88:
    When i use DirectFD the plugin works but only if the TV is on when mediaportal is started
    The TV must be on, otherwise UPnP wont find the TV. I is not clear what you exactly mean with that. Can give more details?

purp88

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @mukow: I will check that.

@purp88:
    When i use DirectFD the plugin works but only if the TV is on when mediaportal is started
    The TV must be on, otherwise UPnP wont find the TV. I is not clear what you exactly mean with that. Can give more details?

The TV must be turned on before media portal or else it wont work. Auto3D do not seem to recognize that the TV is turned on when in DirectFD mode.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @purp88 : Sorry, had some other things to do. The problem here is, that if the plugin is started (when MediaPortal itself starts) I have to initialize the DirectFB Interface with the IP-Adress of the TV. If the TV is not attached in that moment, the DirectFB connection won't work. I will try to change this, but this will take some time.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Marcus,

I'm having problem of frame drops every few seconds, and I believe it's related to the "Video analysis for Top and Bottom (TAB)'
    Once disabled, problem no longer happens.

I do an analysis only when a movie is started and it should take only a few seconds (depending on the material). After the decission was made, there shouldn't be any further CPU usage due to that and there shouln't be dropped frames.

Can you check if the frame drops only happen in the first ~5 sec?

purp88

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @purp88 : Sorry, had some other things to do. The problem here is, that if the plugin is started (when MediaPortal itself starts) I have to initialize the DirectFB Interface with the IP-Adress of the TV. If the TV is not attached in that moment, the DirectFB connection won't work. I will try to change this, but this will take some time.

The strange thing is that jointspace is not working at all.. The remote app is working and when connecting through a browser
    (http://ip-address:1925/1/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom