Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (3 Viewers)

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has anyone noticed high cpu usage with Auto 3D enabled. I just started experimenting with this on my Samsung after upgrading to MePo 1.8 final. I have everything working fine, the TV switches modes as it should. But I get stuttering and high cpu usage compared to disabling the plugin and putting the TV into 3D manually.

At first I thought it was MePo, because I was comparing smoothness and CPU usage between MePo and Graphstudio. I tried several different things including bypassing MB3 plugin and playing the video directly in MePo. In the end the only way to get it smooth and reduce CPU usage is to disable the Auto3d plugin and put the set into 3D manually. CPU reduced to less than 20% vs 60% and smooth video.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @all: I'm currently in vacation. I will continue dev in the mid of September.
    @Stéphane Lenclud: Look at my system specs and you will know why the 55PFL7606K was the first TV that was supported by Auto3D ;)

You are kidding me, what were the odds :)
    I thought I did recognize the menus on some of the screenshots.
    I guess I ought to try it out then. Maybe it will get me watching some 3D content more than once a year.

Have a good vacation.

ray076NL

Portal Member
    August 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Ray, are those separate subs .idx (3d) file subs?

I am sorry to have you waiting for a reply, have been very busy with study. But no, they're PGS included in the MKV.
    Anyway, try it for yourself, you probably know where to get 'The Day of the Doctor 2013 1080p 3D BluRay Half-OU DTS x264-HDMaNiAcS' to try out my issue.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello ray.
    I think the best way. Is to upload an sample with few minutes of your movie file. to be sure to have the some file.
    Thank you for your help

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Ray, i think you can solve the issue by using the subtitle downloader in movingpictures for instance and download a normal srt. By selecting the right srt sub during playback the issue should be gone. I will try to find that one.

ray076NL

Portal Member
    August 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im sure you're familiar with how bittorrent works and that we should both have exactly the same file in the end, editing the vid would make sure that i would screw something up.

Anyway i may not link to anything but you could most probably find the file on a kickass website.

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

does anyone have working settings for Samsung F6 Series?
    the commands are working in in the configuration tool, but i don't find a working sequence for watching side by side for example

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom