Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you post log ?
    We have rework some part of DRR in 1.5.0 or 1.6.0 Pre-Release :) (shame i don't remember).
    For sure double screen setup works really better on Win8 (read here you can have different freq between screen1 and 2 and it's works ok on win8 not on win7, the only way to avoid stutter on double screen, is to have same freq for both monitor/tv or set your TV as primary screen).

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've the Media Portal as secondary monitor, the 75 HZ information is apparent related to the primary monitor display,
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that.
    Good to hear things are working well for you :)
    I agree on the default set 24hz instead of 23. Leaves room for improvement.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Could you post log ?
    We have rework some part of DRR in 1.5.0 or 1.6.0 Pre-Release :) (shame i don't remember).
    For sure double screen setup works really better on Win8 (read here you can have different freq between screen1 and 2 and it's works ok on win8 not on win7, the only way to avoid stutter on double screen, is to have same freq for both monitor/tv or set your TV as primary screen).

Ok. I'll work to it later and I'll post tons of logs :eek:.
    Actually under Windows 7 also in a dual screen scenario almost everything work fine.
    Windows 7 64bit, Amd 5770, Asus monitor as primary screen, Panasonic TV 42ST60, Aero ON (important). Without Aero ON I got tearing on the bottom with the 24P material, later for the details, only a problem with 1080i@25 fps mst2 file on 1080p@50 hz refresh rate, a lot stuttering, but I'll give you the details later.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you post log ?

Ok. I'll work to it later and I'll post tons of logs :eek:.
    Actually under Windows 7 also in a dual screen scenario almost everything work fine.
    Windows 7 64bit, Amd 5770, Asus monitor as primary screen, Panasonic TV 42ST60, Aero ON (important). Without Aero ON I got tearing on the bottom with the 24P material, later for the details, only a problem with 1080i@25 fps mst2 file on 1080p@50 hz refresh rate, a lot stuttering, but I'll give you the details later.

I forgot to tell about : 'the only way to avoid stutter on double screen' is needed for Win7 or if i remember correctly to disable AERO (OFF) but it will introduce Tearing like you explain.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Two logs. 23,976 and 24. the first one the 24P is played with 23,976 refresh rate (Cinema-->23), the second one the 24P is played with 24 refresh rate (Cinema-->24)
    the information on dashboard shift+1 is incorrect (75 that is the refresh rate of the first monitor)

About Aero that is activated I've no problem at all even in double screen mode, with the 1080p and 720p files, only stuttering with the 1080i@25 m2ts file. I don't know why. if you interested I post a log for that.

Would be nice to set Aero mode in dynamic refresh rate setup, a new checkbox to allow it. In my case I need Aero ON only for 24P material because at 50HZ e probably at 60 HZ I've no tearing even with Aero Off.

Last edited:

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I forgot to tell about : 'the only way to avoid stutter on double screen' is needed for Win7 or if i remember correctly to disable AERO (OFF) but it will introduce tearing like you explain.

A solution that I would use, to make Window 7 fully compatible with MP also with Aero ON as you said? a new options to switch automaticaly the monitor entering MP. The second monitor became the first one, and the main monitor became the second one, and back to original when MP is stopped.

K0IVv7a.png

obviously the start screen option should be handled appropriately

and sorry for the OT... ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have of it too and i have try but in final not working good and better to go on Win8 lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's because of Windows 7 :) It didn't handle correctly AERO and multi screen (it happen on all software i have try MPC-HC etc.)
    MS has fixed that in Win8 it seems :) Blame MS :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom