Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have of it too and i have try but in final not working good and better to go on Win8 lol.

Ok Seba , let's make a deal?

Look at the Catalyst control center

MCfhN7w.png

Those two profile Asus1_Panasonic2 and Panasonic1_Asus2 work fine to switch the monitor, in less a second.
    So the answer is , is it too much complicated to allow a new custom operation 'entering MP' and 'exit mediaportal'?
    For Amd owner it's a simple custom executable such as C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe Start Load profilename=Asus1_Panasonic2

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's complicated because mp start and init D3D device and it will introduce a lot of change by changing this because we have rules to detect the current screen etc.
    So for me @ least that not simple :(

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It's complicated because mp start and init D3D device and it will introduce a lot of change by changing this because we have rules to detect the current screen etc.
    So for me @ least that not simple :(

I've used LE remote keymap, it's free, to apply that setup switching the monitor entering MP and back to PC mode exiting, even swapping the two versions of extended desktop wallpapers. The MP now start with the /screen=0 parameter value.
    The Aero issue shouldn't be a problem anymore

aqRnIgo.png

Probably this method could be implemented with MPTray.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I revise my statement partially, so quote myself

>>The Aero issue shouldn't be a problem anymore

It work, but execute MP on primary monitor after swapping it with the other one isn't enough ;)
    A complete disabling of the other monitor is required, one monitor only is necessary. Two monitor under different refresh rate and the Aero stuff cause stuttering
    Fortunately the catalyst allow this kind of the operation :D

gwatkins

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2013
    Richardson, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am running MP 1.6 and when I look at the configuration in expert mode I don't see the check box to enable the Dynamic Refresh rate. I only see the grid below. Why is it missing?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am running MP 1.6 and when I look at the configuration in expert mode I don't see the check box to enable the Dynamic Refresh rate. I only see the grid below. Why is it missing?
    Bad install? And you can't be running 1.6 because that hasn't been released yet ;) (but very close!)
    DRR.PNG
    You should see the same as the above picture. This is what i see on 1.6 ;)
    If you see something else, please post a screenshot & logs.

gwatkins

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2013
    Richardson, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am running the 1.6 pre-release version. I see the same screen that you show except the checkboxes are not there. I will post screen shot later.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am running the 1.6 pre-release version. I see the same screen that you show except the checkboxes are not there. I will post screen shot later.
    Don't forget the logs so we can (try to) see why you don't have the checkboxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom