Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

Since my upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 Ive had a problem with the resolution being changed when the refreshrate changer kicks in. Everything worked fine prior to 1.6 and now as soon as live TV starts, or watching recorded Movies etc the screen is larger than the viewable area on the TV and everything has "sharper edges".

Im running an Onkyo AMP with HDMI from the HTPC and then HDMI to the Sony TV.

When I go into the Display area of Control Panel, the resolution is still set at "1360x768" and I just adjust it away and then back, click apply and the desktop is restored.

If I disable Refreshrate changer all is OK.

Cheers

Craig

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any ideas anyone? Help ....
    According to the logs the WM_GETMINMAXINFO returns 1360x768.
    [2014-01-13 16:35:16,167] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_GETMINMAXINFO Start (MaxSize: 1360x768 - MaxPostion: 0,0 - MinTrackSize: 2x2 - MaxTrackSize: 1372x780)
    Is this your normal display resolution? (Your Client system specs are empty).

I'd suggest to check the Overscan settings for your display drivers, for the different refresh rates you use.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any ideas anyone? Help ....
    According to the logs the WM_GETMINMAXINFO returns 1360x768.
    [2014-01-13 16:35:16,167] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_GETMINMAXINFO Start (MaxSize: 1360x768 - MaxPostion: 0,0 - MinTrackSize: 2x2 - MaxTrackSize: 1372x780)
    Is this your normal display resolution? (Your Client system specs are empty).

I'd suggest to check the Overscan settings for your display drivers, for the different refresh rates you use.
    On the TV Client Ive got a MacMini running Win7. The Display Adapter is an Intel HD Graphics 3000. The default resolution is 1360x768.

From what I can see is that the refresh changer is changing it to 1372x780 which is why the desktop isn't fitting the screen when I exit out of Mediaportal?

In the Intel Control panel Ive got
    Res: 1360x768
    Color Depth: 32bit
    RefreshRate: 59p
    Scaling: Maintain Display Scaling

I cant find anything to do with Overscan?

Cheers

Craig
    PS this only started after the recent upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It's the text below 'Maintain Display Scaling' that says 'Customize Aspect Ratio'. Click that, see what happens when you pull the sliders a tiny bit.
    Capture.PNG
    It's a bit weird it re-sizes to a larger resolution as reported as MAX for your monitor...

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

It's the text below 'Maintain Display Scaling' that says 'Customize Aspect Ratio'. Click that, see what happens when you pull the sliders a tiny bit.
    View attachment 143434
    It's a bit weird it re-sizes to a larger resolution as reported as MAX for your monitor...

They were default at 100, and the slightest moving of the slider would pull the screen in from the right/left and top/bottom.

Left them at 100, started MP with refresgh rate changer enabled ... started viewing TV and straight away ... the resolution is changed as previous.

Go back into the Intel control panel and the settings have changed to Maintain Display Scaling and the option "Customise Aspect Ratio" isnt available. Chossing my "default" profile restored everything again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom