Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also but not sure it will help but can give a try :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ast-windows-update.121091/page-8#post-1053928
    Like there is some rework about screen scaling but seems to be different issue.
    I'll have a look ... but when I first had D3D issues with Win 7 I wrote my own Startup Script to start Mediaportal and have been using that since.[DOUBLEPOST=1389906243][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Does it happen if you trigger the refresh rate change manually ? (by using windows)
    I'll find out how to do that and let you know :)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all!

Using 1.7 Final...

If i Start a Movie ARC changes to 24p. All Fine.

Then i press "Home" and then "Stop". Movie Stops and AFC switch pack to 50p.

BUT now the MP Menu is Stuttering like it stays in 24p Mode.
    Is this an known Problem?

Thanks!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this an known Problem?
    Nope, working fine here, after executing your 'steps to reproduce'.
    Anything in the logs that indicates the switch to default wasn't done? If it switched back to default 50Hz on STOP, you should see something like this:
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,442] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,444] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: current refreshrate is 23hz - changing it to 50hz
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,444] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: using internal win32 method for changing refreshrate. current is 23hz, desired is 50
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,444] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger AdapterOrdinal value is 0
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,445] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: Current MonitorIndex : 0 and current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY1
    [2014-04-19 17:07:53,890] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE
    [2014-04-19 17:07:54,384] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - CycleRefreshRate: result DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL for refresh rate change 50Hz

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, those entrys are in the Log. My TV also shows the change to 50Hz. But the Menu is stuttering like it is in 24P mode.
    Can you please take a look in the attached Log File? Maybe you will see something...

Thanks!

I found a little Workaround... If a Start LiveTV the Stutter is gone. There will be no more change of the Refresh Rate at the Time of Starting LiveTV. It stays at 50Hz.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you please take a look in the attached Log File? Maybe you will see something...
    Nothing special in the logs. As you said, the refreshrate change is executed properly, and 50Hz is set according to the logs.
    Do you have this every time you go Home, press Stop?
    Could you add your share to MyVideos and see if that causes the same problems for you? You can even use the WatchDog (option 1)when you setup MyVideos, to rule out any plugin issues.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have this on all Situations where the System switch from 24p to 50hz when i press Start to got to the Home Screen and then Stop to Stop the Movie.
    (Maybe on others too, but here it is visible)

I have tried myVideos (with Movingpictures Plugin disabled) and it is the same. Also with Watchdog Option 1 (All Plugins disabled).

Also i have tried to change LAV Setting from Intel Quicksync to DXVA Native. Same behavior.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange.... And this might become very hard to figure out, since the logs show a proper switch.
    Does the same thing happen when you run MP in windowed mode?
    Have you checked your desktop refreshrate after the change? And does this report the proper 50Hz?

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will try in windowed Mode as soon as the Machine is free for Tests :)

I believe the Refreshrate change itself work very good because my TV shows the new (50Hz) in its own Status Window as soon as the Switch is done.
    (The Screen is going Black for a short time and then it shows 50Hz.)
    Also using the "Reset Device" Option in ARC does not help.

For me it looks like the MP Gui has no knowledge of the refresh rate change... :)
    If i use "Stop" while the 24p Movie is running i have no stuttering. It happens only when the Movie switch from Full Screen to the small Player.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me it looks like the MP Gui has no knowledge of the refresh rate change...
    If that would be the case, i would experience the same, right? ;)

It sounds more like a 'focus' issue. What happens when you press your HOME button once after the STOP?
    Do you have an RSS feed on your Menu? If so, does that stutter also after you pressed STOP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom