Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah you are right. You should See it too but thats the Problem with those Bugs... ;-)

So, windowed mode does not change anything.
    If i press HOME then STOP and then again HOME nothing happens.

I have the RSS news in and there i can See the stutter also very good. But it is not only the RSS. The whole GUI is slower.

I hope you know what i mean. :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I remember having this, but the behaviour went away after a few seconds. At the moment I don't see this behaviour anymore. Maybe because I did a clean install of mediaportal, or maybe because I have a new TV. :-P

So maybe you can hook it up to another TV or monitor, to see if the behaviour is the same. Or as a last resort, do a clean install of mediaportal.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have found out that it went away if i switch to any other Function. e.g. to Music and then Back. So not only if i am watching TV...
    It goes not away after any Time if i stay on the HOME Screen.

I can try it on my Asus Monitor. Another TV is not available :)

A clean install was it already. Total new System with 1.7 final from Start.

EDIT:
    Found out that this happens not every time.
    Right now the first Test ended without Stutter and the next Test ended with Stutter.
    I have attached the Log. But for me it does not look different.
    (Please see at the End of the File the last two MKV Starts)

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay. Many News on that:

whenever i use my TV (connected via Receiver or direct to the HTPC) the Problem exists. (but not always as mentioned one Post before)
    Even a Firmware Upgrade on the TV does not change that.

When i use my LED (Asus) Screen it works. Always. So i´m not sure this is a "Bug" on MediaPortal. It could also be the TV. (Sharp Aquos)
    But, IF it is the TV then i don´t see why it work sometimes... (Also, the TV notifys always correct about the Refresh Rate Change)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys, is it possible that i'm not able to change my refresh rate to 29hz? Even if I can in windows resolution panel? Maybe this resolution has not been add in the code ?

thanks in advance

But i wanna thank for the Support here, it is really great!
    Ooohh yeah !(y)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Because, I tested MP2 this week and saw that it changed my refreshrate to 29hz instead of 59hz for 29.97 content. Since i'm a fan of the motionflow technologie, I directy saw the fluidity in my 29.97fps material in 29hz compare to 59hz. Like if my TV doesn't handle well the montionflow in 59hz compared to 23,24 or 29 hz.

That's why surprisingly i'm looking for it in MP

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Because, I tested MP2 this week and saw that it changed my refreshrate to 29hz instead of 59hz for 29.97 content.
    Quote Wikipedia:
    Lines and refresh rate[edit]
    NTSC color encoding is used with the System M television signal, which consists of 29.97 interlaced frames of video per second. Each frame is composed of two fields, each consisting of 262.5 scan lines, for a total of 525 scan lines. 483 scan lines make up the visibleraster. The remainder (the vertical blanking interval) allow for vertical synchronization and retrace. This blanking interval was originally designed to simply blank the receiver's CRT to allow for the simple analog circuits and slow vertical retrace of early TV receivers. However, some of these lines may now contain other data such as closed captioning and vertical interval timecode (VITC). In the complete raster (disregarding half lines due to interlacing) the even-numbered scan lines (every other line that would be even if counted in the video signal, e.g. {2, 4, 6, ..., 524}) are drawn in the first field, and the odd-numbered (every other line that would be odd if counted in the video signal, e.g. {1, 3, 5, ..., 525}) are drawn in the second field, to yield a flicker-free image at the field refresh frequencyof approximately 59.94 Hz (actually 60 Hz/1.001). For comparison, 576i systems such as PAL-B/G and SECAM use 625 lines (576 visible), and so have a higher vertical resolution, but a lower temporal resolution of 25 frames or 50 fields per second.
    The standard refreshrate settings are based on the above (bold part), so 29.97 FPS is set to do a 59Hz refreshrate (which sets the monitor to 59.94Hz).
    You could change the 59 Refreh rate setting to 29 in MP Config > General > Dynamic Refresh Rate to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom