BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 1.2.2.9. Released
I have released a new version which fixes the problem kiwijunglist described above.
The "Extra" folders are now stored in a separate folder <backupfolder>\EXTRA_FOLDERS instead of <backupfolders>.
The following plugin generated folders/files are now deleted (if the user specifies to delete old backup data) instead of the full <backupfolder>:
<backupfolder>\EXTRA_FOLDERS,
<backupfolder>\MP_Program,
<backupfolder>\MP_User,
<backupfolder>\TV_Program,
<backupfolder>\TV_User,
<backupfolder>\MP2_PROGRAM,
<backupfolder>\MP2_USER,
<backupfolder>\SV2_PROGRAM,
<backupfolder>\SV2_USER,
<backupfolder>\Version.xml

Update: I am not able to uplade the source code on code.google. Until this is working I am posting it here

Attachments

• BackupSettingsV1.2.2.9.Source.zip
    16.2 MB
Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What I have always done in the past when exporting settings using BackupSettings is to give it a new directory name based on the time and date. Perhaps BackupSettings could do this by default automatically, just as Watchdog automatically names its zip files by default. This leaves any deletion up to the user.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rsbrux,
    If i generate the filename in an automated way it could create for some users huge amount of data on a hard disk if they forget manual deletion.
    If the user wants to have a unique timestamp folder the button "C" should be clicked. Maybe another way would be to default the "C" button and enable a checkbox for the user to turn it off.
    I am planning to release another update end of this week with additional checking and warnings.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Testversion 1.2.2.10 Released
    This version implements a default start with an attached date/time, which can be disabled by the user. The version is fully compliant with the data structure from 1.2.2.9. I need more testing on the automated export folders and plan afterwards to release this version.
    I have also started to experiment with github. The code is at https://github.com/huha001/BackupSettings.

Version 1.2.2.10

• renamed automated backupfolders from <automated backupfolder>\Backup001 to <automated backupfolder>\BackupSettingsBackup001, ... users will have to delete old folders (Backup001, Backup002, ...) manually.
    • automatic version/date creation as a default for the foldername (user can disable function) in the Tvserver and client plugins
    • minor GUI bug fixes in client

Attachments

• BackupSettings.Ver.1.2.2.10.mpe1
      1.5 MB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.2.2.10 Released
    after more testing I have released 1.2.2.10. Please see the previous thread for details.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sweet plugin!

Minor issue: Folder paths of (for example) My Video's are not restored. Neither are my general MePo settings this last time. How come? I upgraded from 1.2.3 to 1.3.

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Harmani,
    I need more information on your situation. The folder paths and general settings are stored in a file e.g.
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml
    During restore this file should be copied from <your backupfolder>\MP_User\MediaPortal.xml to the above location.
    If you have done an import both files should be identical right after the import.
    can you confirm this and that you had your correct folder names in <your backupfolder>\MP_User\MediaPortal.xml?
    What other general settings did not get imported?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think I figured it out. I had "User .xml files" not checked during restore. I thought these settings resided under "Program .xml files".

I think it would be a good idea to document a bit more on what the different options do and do not restore. For example as a novice user I have no idea what the "Xmltv folder" is or does. On the other hand the option "Thumbs" restores a lot more then just thumbnails, it handles backdrops and logo's as well (?). Even just adding a description in a mouse-over-hoover-thingy would be very helpful.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    II think it would be a good idea to document a bit more on what the different options do and do not restore.
    Hi,
    you probably did not realize that there is a quite detailed documentation, which will answer (most of) your questions. You will find it in program files\Team Mediaportal\Docs\BackupSettings.pdf.
    For example, the xmltv folder is explained on page 11.
    Cheers
    Alfred

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I stand corrected :)

Some remarks though. The documentation (Version 1.2.2.10) doesn't distinguish between user and program .XML files, but according to the given description it's a typo:

Program .xml Files: Some older plugins still store data there. The plugin will copy all files
    matching the filter *.xml, *.config, *.ini or *.sav to the backup location <backup
    folder>\MP_Program. In case of an import the files will be copied back and will overwrite
    the files in the Program File folder.
    Program .xml Files: Same as Program .xml files, but the source directory is the Program
    Data folder. This folder contains only .xml files with user settings. In case of an import the
    files will be copied back and will overwrite the files in the Program Data folder.

On the Mediaportal 1 tab there is another small typo: the text field says Settimgs instead of Settings (m/n)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom