BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
kalki,
can you post your folder names for the settings in the backup folder and the restore folder. So you were using the MP client backup program? The best would be a log file with verbose debug settings turned on. Were only the settings not imported or were any other user data missing, too?

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Testversion 1.2.2.11 released
This version fixes an issue discovered by wjw and mm1352000, where temporary settings with a "NOTFOUND" value were not deleted from the data base. This occured during a data export. If you run a data export with the new version you should not have any "NOTFOUND" settings in your data base afterwards. You can check this by exporting with the native MP1 export function and search with a text editor for "NOTFOUND" in export.xml.

Attachments

• BackupSettings.Ver.1.2.2.11.mpe1
    1.5 MB

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
BackupSettings V1.2.2.12 released
I found 4 more temporary settings for removal and released the version.
Thanks again to mm1352000 and wjw.
For use with the upcoming MP1.6 please reinstall plugins and skins as they will not be compatible between 1.5 and 1.6.

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I would like to do a clean install of MePo 1.6 in order to use MySQL 5.6. If I use the latest version of BackupSettings to backup my current system (MePo 1.5), do the clean install of MePo 1.6, install all the plugins in 1.6, and then use BackupSettings to import all the settings, will it work regarding the MySQL change?
Specially for MovingPictures, I would like to avoid having to re-scan all my movies.
Thanks.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Specially for MovingPictures, I would like to avoid having to re-scan all my movies.
    Thanks.
    The database update ONLY involves the TV Server database (which uses MySQL). All the plugin use SQLite databases, which are all located in your ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database folder. Those won't be touched, but you can copy those to another folder just to be sure.
    All settings from plugins are written into XML files, which you can find in the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder.

So if you want to be extra sure, you zip up the MediaPortal dir. In worst case (if you can't restore) all you need to do is install the plugins, settings will be saved.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi huha,

I've used Bakcupsettings for a long time and it has saved me a lot of time during the years, thank you!

I do however have one problem, with the plugin RadioTime (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/radiotime-plugin-1-0-0-x-04-10-2013.122050/). When I take a backup on one client with MP 1.6 and restores it to another client with 1.6 the new client says that RadioTime isn't compatible with this version of MP and disables it. If I clean the installation from all RadioTime parts and make a fresh installations with the Extension Installer everything works as it should.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Elof, for MP1.6 you need to reinstall all plugins and skins as the old backed up versions are not compatible with MP1.6. The safest way is to disable the skin and plugin option in the settings section, so that no old plugins and skins will be copied over.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi huha,

Yes, I've seen that but in my case I backup one MP 1.6 and restore on another MP 1.6. I have several clients with the same configuration, your tool is superb for keeping them in sync. The only problem is that MP complains about RadioTime even though it works perfect on the original client and also works on the target client if I make a clean install.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Elof,
    then i suspect Radiotime requires some specific settings like IPaddress or computer hostname. Check the settings. This will not be supported by my plugin in general.
    Backupsettings does support starting some batch jobs before or after the import for changing names, but this is something the user has to customize for the specific situation.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The config is basicly username/password for TuneIn and the name of the plugin, I've attached a screen dump. I've made some more tests and found that it's enough to remove the encrypted password from MediaPortal.xml for the plugin to start work again. I guess that the encryption uses some computer specific information as a salt.

Attachments

• TuneIn.PNG
      TuneIn.PNG
      9.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom