BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (4 Viewers)

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am attempting to transfer settings from one pc that has mediaportal 1.3.0 on it to another that has 1.6.0 on it. The import did not go correctly. I have ensured I have the most recent backupsettings however I note that the default export name is: L:\Mediaportal_Backups\Version_NOTFOUND_Date_2014_02_09_Time_17_27_26 and I'm wondering if the "NOTFOUND" part is what is making the import fail. I'd rather avoid having to manually reconfigure mp tv series and moving pictures if at all possible among other things. I see some messages up above referencing "notfound" so I'll state again that I have the 1.2.2.12 version installed

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
famewolf,
I suspect you have a path problem and the tv server program folder (contains tvservice.exe) is not correctly detected. Please check all the paths in the path section.
If this does not help enable verbose debug and post a log file for the export till you see the first time notfound. Please let me know all your MP1 paths.

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
famewolf,
I suspect you have a path problem and the tv server program folder (contains tvservice.exe) is not correctly detected. Please check all the paths in the path section.
If this does not help enable verbose debug and post a log file for the export till you see the first time notfound. Please let me know all your MP1 paths.

Well if it is, then it's consistent as I'm getting the same error on the new pc running a fresh clean install of mediaportal 1.5 with only tv series and moving pictures installed....I did install mp1.6 but found it unstable so downgraded to 1.5.....no tv server...no mp2....default install directories on C drive.

The version.xml file in the root of the backup has the correct info: <Version BackupSettingsVersion="1.2.2.12" MediaPortalVersion="1.5.0.0" /> but the default filename is again: L:\Mediaportal_Backups\Version_NOTFOUND_Date_2014_02_11_Time_02_41_14

Since copy/paste even via keyboard shortcuts does not appear to work in the plugin you tell me how I can provide the log info to you and I will.

Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
famewolf, the log is stored as C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\BackupSettings\Status.txt. What are the paths in the path tab? Can you post a picture?

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
famewolf, the log is stored as C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\BackupSettings\Status.txt. What are the paths in the path tab? Can you post a picture?

Log attached as promised assuming "BackupSettingsStatus.txt" is what you meant by status.txt. Are the paths you are asking about the ones from install because going into config in the plugin doesn't show any paths.....assuming that's what you want I'll attach a screenshot.

paths.png

Attachments

• BackupSettingsStatus.txt
    7.4 KB

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
famewolf,
the tvserver folders are not found. Please define them manually, save and let me know what they are. Usually they are detected automatically and are something like:
Base: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
Config: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
famewolf,
the tvserver folders are not found. Please define them manually, save and let me know what they are. Usually they are detected automatically and are something like:
Base: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
Config: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

I am not using the tv server. I did not choose to install it when I installed mediaportal. I use MCE to record my shows and Mediaportal is only used to play media. I can create the folders but it's a bad assumption to assume they will always be there. I also don't see how them not being present prevented the restore from working for my plugins etc.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
famewolf,
thanks for posting. i found a minor bug in the initialization of the client program. If you click the "C" button you should see the correct version number. Can you confirm? It should only happen when you start the program. This will be fixed with the next version.

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
famewolf,
thanks for posting. i found a minor bug in the initialization of the client program. If you click the "C" button you should see the correct version number. Can you confirm? It should only happen when you start the program. This will be fixed with the next version.

Pressing C did appear to fix the issue at least on that screen. I'll have a chance to tests a restore in a few hours as I'll be resetting my main htpc back to factory settings and then reconfiguring mediaportal from the backup htpc I setup over the last few days. Hopefully I'll be able to just transfer the whole config since it will be the same version etc.

*update* The restore worked fine.

Last edited:

FuzzyBear

Portal Member
February 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear Huha,
I would like to know if it is possible to restore settings of TVWishlist only with backupsettings. Which are the settings for doing that: restoring TVServer or EPG only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom