BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
FuzzyBear,
yes, it is with some manual work.
- make sure on the "Main" tab only "Tvserver" is enabled from the four restore media
- go to Tvserver Tab and choose "none". Then enable only "Tvsettings.xml", "Enable TV Config Restart" and "Settings".
This will now import all general settings of which TvWishList is part of.
If you want to import only TvWishList settings you need to open your backupfile "<Backupfolder>\TV_USER\Tvsettings.xml" with a text editor.
Search for <AllSettings> and delete all tags which do not start with "TvWishList_" (like <Setting TvWishList_Sunday="false" />)
Then import and only TvWishList settings which are left after your deletion are being imported.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear All

My old hard drive wont boot anymore but I was able to make a copy and now have a backup of the entire drive. So I set up a new Media portal installation on a new hard drive.
    Unfortunately I can not use the TV channel export functionality of the old installation.

Since it took me ages to sort and organize all TV channels the following question.

Is there any way to import the TV channels from my old installation to the new one, by copying a set of files or whatsoever...maybe using this tool on the new installation?

Thanks for your help!

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear All

My old hard drive wont boot anymore but I was able to make a copy and now have a backup of the entire drive. So I set up a new Media portal installation on a new hard drive.
    Unfortunately I can not use the TV channel export functionality of the old installation.

Since it took me ages to sort and organize all TV channels the following question.

Is there any way to import the TV channels from my old installation to the new one, by copying a set of files or whatsoever...maybe using this tool on the new installation?

Thanks for your help!

no advice?

Thank you folks...

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you used the same os and mepo Version you could stop tvservice, rename the mepo folder, copy your copy of this folder over to the new pc.
    Do the same for C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server.
    You will probably need to copy the SQL database somehow,too.
    This might work, if not just delete those folders and rename the original ones.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First THANKS for this great Plugin!
    I'm using it since several months and everything worked great :)
    As you see in the picture I make a scheduled backup every 14 days and keep 3 backups.

This worked until the end of July (26.07.2014 last backup) and as you can see in the picture there is written, that the last backup date "was" on 31.08.2014 - well in "my" time... today it's the 22nd of August?!!? o_Oo_Oo_O - Next Backup will be 14th of September...

What's your advice? Shall I just wait until the 14th of September (and make backups solong "by hand"?). Or is there a possiblility to "reset" or change the last backup date?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• MP_Backup.jpg
      MP_Backup.jpg
      133.5 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    joEhSuper, sorry, i missed your post. I hope it is resolved by now.

Attached a Version for the MP1.9 Installation issue

Attachments

• BackupSettings.Release.zip
      1.5 MB

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    joEhSuper, sorry, i missed your post. I hope it is resolved by now.

Attached a Version for the MP1.9 Installation issue

Hi huha,
    No problem. Since 14. September everything is OK again. Before that I made a backup "by hand"
    Thanks anyway and again congratulations to your great plugin!!!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BackupSettings V1.2.2.13 released on 12.Oct.2014

just a minor update on the installer to work with MP1.9.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @huha

Hi, I have a feature request: can you add some startup parameters to your dll ?

I wrote a fully unattended installation of MP, and i want automatically restore all my settings at the end of installation.

What do you think, it's possible ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom