Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Doent look like it. That device looks like it its controlled only by the wireless remote.
But it also does not show any tech specs, so very maybe.
But you will have to look into that yourself. The Cm11 can only send X10 commands over wire. There are some pc controllers for wireless devices out there also. Next to X10 there is also PLCBUS, there are controllers for that also.

kcosta

Portal Member
May 21, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hello Guys,

Is there someone that successfully run this plugin on Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC4 that could help me?

Let me explain the situation... I have a CM15A X10 based home automation system, so, I saved a recompiled BHAAhCmdLine.dll on MediaPortal\plugins\BHAPlugins folder (because I couldn't find this dll on the plugin package). Then, I went to the process plugin configuration screen and I couldn´t see the X10 connector listed in the connectors tab. So, is there anything that I should do to make this work?

I appreciate your help.

:D

kcosta.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello Guys,

Is there someone that successfully run this plugin on Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC4 that could help me?

Let me explain the situation... I have a CM15A X10 based home automation system, so, I saved a recompiled BHAAhCmdLine.dll on MediaPortal\plugins\BHAPlugins folder (because I couldn't find this dll on the plugin package). Then, I went to the process plugin configuration screen and I couldn´t see the X10 connector listed in the connectors tab. So, is there anything that I should do to make this work?

I appreciate your help.

:D

kcosta.

I think that this plugin is not going to be developed anymore, so instead of this, you can have a look at this project developed by WileECoyote:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-x10-home-automation-67584/

For now it is a little bit stopped, but I have contacted to WileE in order to help him testing the plugin. The user alexdepalma is also interested in the plugin, so we can help WileE testing the plugin and giving him some ideas. Have a look at the project and write a message if you are interested.

Regards,

Aitor

tyork

September 25, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I appreciate this plugin is no longer being developed however I'm keen to at least see if I can get it working, yet I cannot find BHAAhCmdLine.dll compiled in any of the zips attached throughout this forum.

I have tried compiling from source but it fails - and I dont wish to go as far as to debug it!

Anyone willing to upload it.

Many thanks,

T

TritonT

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ tyork

I have searched everywhere for the BHAAhCmdLine.dll file for you, I don't have it. It was never part of the package of this plugin. It was a hack to let CM15 users have limited function of the plugin. The reason it was required is that nobody ever wrote an xAP connector for the CM15.

There are xAP connectors for the CM11A/CM12A/CM17A(fireCracker)/CM19A and RFXCOM all of which talk X10 and work with the plugin.

I think the only thing stopping the plugin working in MediaPortal now are skinning issues, I have checked that it does not crash MediaPortal Configuration or MediaPortal. If you had the time to get it working I will gladly help any way I can.

Currently I am having to use a web interface on my android phones to control everything, which is a PITA compared to how well this plugin used to work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom