[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
February 26, 2014
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm unclear on whether the Titan Basic Editor is at all functional. When I run the editor, the menu data it shows is not representative of the current state of my Titan Basic Homescreen. When I attempted to make some changes a few months ago, my homescreen changed quite a bit. The buttons for all of my installed plugins disappeared and the settings button became larger and more square. If I understand the setup, it appears to me that the editor works only with two "themes", "Extended One" (aka "Basic" - which is two rows of icons) and "Extended Two" (aka "Extended" - which is a single row of icons)? Currently I'm using the "default" (not shown in the editor) theme which includes all of my plugin buttons. Perhaps I just need to copy some of the .xml files from the skin\Titan folder to skin\Titan\Themes\Extended One, in order to have my current homescreen as the starting point for my edits? On top of the somewhat confusing mix of terminology above (to me anyway!), I'm also using the "Titan Extended" plugin, which I thought just gave me the skin files for some of my plugins, but perhaps there's more to it.
Anyhow, if anyone knows whether the editor should work with 1.12.0 I'd love to know. Also, if my understanding of how the pieces fit together is off -- please straighten me out!
I use it to change my basic home screen in 1.12. First press save in the editor to make it look representative in mepo also after any version update. I can help you further tomorrow.its kinda late here.

benicehavefun

Portal Member
September 12, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay, so I did some further experimenting with the Titan Editor. I assumed that it would be possible to create my own "theme" based on the "Extended One" theme offered in Editor that would resemble the current "default" theme used in 1.12.0. What I mean by the default theme is one that has two pages of tile style icons with six per page, for a total of twelve. The Editor's two-row theme, has one page of six tile style icons and a second page containing a single extra large icon that has any plugins listed on it in text format. There's nothing wrong with this theme -- it's just not what I'm looking for.

Fortunately, I've spent enough time combing through the XML files that I'm now able to make the changes I want by manually editing the files. My main objective was to be able to launch Kodi using my HTPC's IR remote control and return to MePo without the need for the keyboard. A PlayOn plugin is only available in Kodi, plus I have the occasional WTV video file (from when I was using Windows Media Center) that'll crash MePo's player but plays fine in Kodi. I've also added the Kylo Browser to the my Titan Homescreen which is handy. I'm using the MultiShortcut plugin to launch both of these which has to be installed manually in 1.12.0 too.

So, thanks for the feedback guys. The editor is slick for those that are happy with one of the two themes available. For those that are looking to modify the 1.12.0 default theme, it looks like manual XML editing is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom