Best skins for My Films (1 Viewer)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
I have been using My Films plug-in for quite a while, mostly with the Monochrome skin. I recently tried StreamedMP, and found the support for My Films to be quite poorly implemented. Would you like to comment on;
  • what skin/s you are using?
  • how well the support for My Films is implemented in that skin?
  • whether you have customised the xml files to your personal taste?
  • what skin you have found to have the best lay-out and design for the plug-in?
Might save me some time :)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    also using monochrome with a little tweaked myfilms support...

mattroby

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2006
    Florida
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    StreamedMP

Big Icons layout. Sorted by genre; Family the default to keep the young ones from checking out 28 Weeks Later, or something similar.

What's your issue with the support? I haven't tried many other skins. Is there something dramatically better than StreamedMP?

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Is there something dramatically better than StreamedMP?

No major issues, just the layout wasn't very good, compared with Monochrome. There were some details missing (can't remember which), I tried a couple of modified xml files from the forums but they weren't all properly implemented.

I just wanted to get a bit of a discussion going and see if anyone had tried modifying the xml's, I;m trying to figure out how to do it myself at the moment.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Im using Streamed MP with some modifications in xmls (translations to spanish), and Im really happy

Zexan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    B&W 1080 is a great skin for myfilms. The only issue I have is when you scroll down 25-30 films, the computer slows to a crawl. I'm not sure if its the skin or myfilms not dealing with the 750 movies I have.

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    B&W 1080 is a great skin for myfilms. The only issue I have is when you scroll down 25-30 films, the computer slows to a crawl. I'm not sure if its the skin or myfilms not dealing with the 750 movies I have.

No, I don't have that problem. I have ~ 800 movies

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im using Streamed MP with some modifications in xmls (translations to spanish), and Im really happy

Hello z3us,

did you made modifications that it looks like moving pictures?

Nico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom