Bing Image plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to display and archive daily images from Microsoft Bing!

Highlights:
  • allows you to select the image for United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, France, Japan and China
  • possibility to archive the image in your default pictures library
Installation:
  • download and extract the attached file "BingImage.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
  • DefaultWide
  • PureVisionHD
Language Support:
  • english, german
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.2.0 – rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.3.0 – functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.3.1 – rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.4.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.4.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.5.0 – re-compiled release, deconstructed not working functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher
GUI Screenshots.jpg

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7, 8 and 10 only, please report any bugs in this thread.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• BingImage v1.5.0.zip
    3.3 MB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
release candidate 1 has been upload to the first post. In case you want to use this plugin, please test the new functionalities and give constructive feedback about problems and/or errors.

Cheers,
Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to the final version. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please note the following information:
  • due to architectural changes in the core libraries, all plugins must be updated simultaneously
  • internal update mechanism has been changed with this version, the old way should work until end of October 2014 only
Cheers, Micropolis

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Alex,
    1. attached unofficial DW skin file (i live to CAT' to make the official one ;)) so users can test with DW too and give feedback. - screen DW-Bing Image.
    2. Screen 02 - small bug ... every time i refresh i get the error dialog view for like 2 second ..then is gon ... but there is no problem with refresh the image and info download o.k ....

Thanks(y)

Edit: forget to say, i separate the date and region from the all info as it was soo long and scroll forever. hope is o.k ...

Attachments

• DW-Bing Image.jpg
      DW-Bing Image.jpg
      253 KB
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      233.8 KB
    • BingImage.xml
      5.2 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ysmp,
    thank you for the skin files, I would include this into the next release.
    every time i refresh i get the error dialog view for like 2 second

As soon as possible I'll try to check the behavior described above (maybe regression?) and inform you in case a new version is available.

EDIT: @ysmp: please try the uploaded version v1.1.1, the regression problem should be fixed now.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.2.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I'm happy to present you the newest release of Bing Image, which can be downloaded from the well known places as usual. This version contains a shelveset to share your plugin related settings and profiles across devices and services. In principle all network storages, cloud services (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) or any other storage you would like to use should work as expected.

To allow such a functionality, major changes inside the plugin code was necessary. Before using this new version and/or the sharing feature, it is highly recommended to follow the steps below:
    • Before starting with settings and profile sharing, possible device or service specific configurations should be checked to prevent access or synchronization problems later. For more information, please take a look into the manual (chapter "Settings and Profile Sharing") or the troubleshooting guide.
    • In case you decide to disregard the sharing feature, the plugin will work in the same way as before.

Unfortunately from now on the release rate of this plugin must be reduced due to time and budget issues. I'm not able any longer to work nearly each evening on plugin improvements or enhancements. Of course bug fix releases will be published in a regular way, possibly in combination with the release cycle of MediaPortal. If you would support future development, I was pleased to receive a small donation. This would help to bring my 5-years old development environment back up to date. The donation link can be found in the first post of this thread and in the about box of the plugin.

Of course, I continue to look forward to your feedback, bug reports or feature requests. How quickly such changes can be implemented, the future will answer it.

Thank you and regards,
    Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.4.0 to support the newest plugin framework and the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.13.0. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
    In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Merry Christmas and cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom